• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Calling all southeast smashers: Smash tourney in Slidell, Louisiana July 12th

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
ill be driving like 10 hours get rekt peasants. but in all seriousness ya i figured it was a long shot just thought i'd put it out there
Well, it's being held on Sunday at 12:30 pm. There's no way I could make it back home in time for work on Monday.

caneut

Smash Ace
u gonna pick up some of Georgia on your way? if i have a ride and can get off work ill go.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
actually looks like the date is gonna be changed now to sometime in early july as it interferes with CEO. will update when the new date is confirmed

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Hey, MrMarbles. It's been a while.

I will be there, even if the date is changed. Not a long drive for me.

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
If I can get a ride with someone I'll go. (And also if I have the money). I don't have a car but I can catch a megabus potentially to Baton Rouge which seems like it's pretty close. Or I could rendezvous with @ MrMarbles MrMarbles around Tallahassee or something? If anybody in this thread would be down with something like that please let me know so I can buy tickets ahead of time and get a way better deal.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
If I can get a ride with someone I'll go. (And also if I have the money). I don't have a car but I can catch a megabus potentially to Baton Rouge which seems like it's pretty close. Or I could rendezvous with @ MrMarbles MrMarbles around Tallahassee or something? If anybody in this thread would be down with something like that please let me know so I can buy tickets ahead of time and get a way better deal.
i don't think i could fit anyone else in my car tbh but ill be driving to Pensacola to meet up with @ stylisland stylisland and he will be driving us from there. maybe he has room for 1 more not really sure what he drives/how many of us will be riding along

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
I have room @ AthensHorseParty AthensHorseParty but I looked it up and you would spend more travel time driving here then riding there, 6 1/2 hours here then 3 hours to the venue, rather than 7 1/2 hours if you drove to Slidell. But if you'd rather drive here and get a ride that's fine I have room

caneut

Smash Ace
I'm still down if someone wants to give me a ride. I can drive shortish distances to meet up with people.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
looks like u can take the Greyhound to baton rouge which is about an hour and a half from slidell. If you can get a ride with XKCPfrom there then that would be pretty doable. The exact price depends on what day u want to leave/ return but from what looked up real quick looks like u can get from Atlanta to Baton Rouge for 60$. (you are from Atlanta right?).

here is what i found: https://www.greyhound.com/farefinder/step2.aspx?SessionId=81eb022f-7417-465a-b40a-2045018953d5#

you can change the leave/return days based on what works best for you i was just making a guess.

I also checked the megabus site but could not find a route from ATL or Athens to Baton Rouge

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
I will see what I can do for you all. I don't think there should be a problem with it, as far as picking you up and going to the tournament is concerned. Not sure about staying overnight if need be.

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
looks like u can take the Greyhound to baton rouge which is about an hour and a half from slidell. If you can get a ride with XKCPfrom there then that would be pretty doable. The exact price depends on what day u want to leave/ return but from what looked up real quick looks like u can get from Atlanta to Baton Rouge for 60$. (you are from Atlanta right?).

here is what i found: https://www.greyhound.com/farefinder/step2.aspx?SessionId=81eb022f-7417-465a-b40a-2045018953d5#

you can change the leave/return days based on what works best for you i was just making a guess.

I also checked the megabus site but could not find a route from ATL or Athens to Baton Rouge
You have to go from Atlanta to New Orleans and then buy a separate ticket for New Orleans to Baton Rouge. It's dumb as ****. And for some reason all of the NO - BR connections around that date are already as expensive as the trip from ATL to NO. What the ****?

And the Greyhound round trip is 138 dollars.

EDIT: just realized stylis is in Pensacola, not Orlando. Round trip greyhound there is still over 120 and there's no megabus that goes there. I think it'd probably just be better for me to save my money unless I can just convince someone from ATL to go and drive their car.

Last edited:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
You have to go from Atlanta to New Orleans and then buy a separate ticket for New Orleans to Baton Rouge. It's dumb as ****. And for some reason all of the NO - BR connections around that date are already as expensive as the trip from ATL to NO. What the ****?

And the Greyhound round trip is 138 dollars.

EDIT: just realized stylis is in Pensacola, not Orlando. Round trip greyhound there is still over 120 and there's no megabus that goes there. I think it'd probably just be better for me to save my money unless I can just convince someone from ATL to go and drive their car.
where are u getting this info? the round trip from ATL to BR costs 60$ according to what im looking at from greyhound

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
where are u getting this info? the round trip from ATL to BR costs 60$ according to what im looking at from greyhound
Lol I actually live in Athens so that's what I was looking at. I'm glad you told me that though because you are right about from ATL and it literally costs half as much. Good thing the megabus from athens to atlanta is 5 dollars

Last edited:

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
I hate to be lame but I'm probably gonna bail on the South East and save my money to go up north. I can only afford one trip this summer and there's more stuff that I can go to up there, for just as much money as getting to Baton Rouge.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
It's ok guys i understand the fear that comes with the idea of playing the great MrMarbles.

Caneut calling me a dirty pika main in 10....

Kirbstomper

Smash Apprentice
Hey cane just texted me saying his internet is down. Told me to say "stfu u dirty pika main" if mr marbles replied to this thread

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
It's ok guys i understand the fear that comes with the idea of playing the great MrMarbles.

Caneut calling me a dirty pika main in 10....
Real Talk: Even with just you and Stylisland there I wouldn't expect to get higher than 3rd place. I will admit a bigger cash prize would make me more inclined to visit Slidell, Louisiana.

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
Sorry you can't make it @ AthensHorseParty AthensHorseParty would of been fun but I understand the struggle . @ Kirbstomper Kirbstomper u rite first time I went to Louisiana I saw a sign that said "stop human trafficking in Baton Rouge" place is sketchy

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I probably can't actually go there either. I just got fxcked money wise. I need to have a big tournament in Athens but I can't figure out how to get people to come without putting up a cash prize. I gotta get a job asap.

I'll at least watch the stream boys.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Indeed^

If there is a good turnout, inclined to offer a higher pot bonus next time.

Well, it looks like I don't really have to worry about housing/picking people up anymore due to people's situations, but for the record I am unable to do so. My wife is not comfortable with it (sigh, I have done it before on rare occasion) and I am not 100% confirmed to go yet either. I don't see why I wouldn't go, but I have had a lot of stuff pop up last minute in the last few weeks.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
So this is happening in like 12 hours. Me and 4 other floridians will be making the drive over in the morning. @ XKCP XKCP will you be in attendance?

Top Bottom