• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
EDIT: How good is the ACR Silenced, WITHOUT Stopping Power?

What do you mean reload canceling? Canceling the reload animation after the game already registers you as reloading? I do a light sprint after, save a few seconds of the reload, and can on occasion save my *** when someone tries to kill me when I'm reloading.

I learned how to do that one month into CoD4, if you don't know how to do this, you're really hindering yourself in this game. I do find it a lot harder to do on hardcore, but I've learned how to just look at the animation, and now I just kind of know when to do it.

I didn't know you could double tap the weapon swap button to reload cancel though.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Reload canceling is weapon dependent, as some weapons have a much smaller add time (the time it actually takes for the gun to be full) than the actual animation. The Intervention's full reload is a picture perfect example of this.

And because Icy wants to know when I will play with him, I have no Idea when I will be free (I pray friday).

However, I will post my Xbox live name here:

Gray Wolf1992

(Note, please remind me that you are a member of the SWF so I don't consider you another stranger on the internet [despite the fact that we really are]. If you try to scam me for 10th prestige, I am broke, you you are without a paddle there, ***-hole [ignore this statement if you have no intent/have no Idea on how to perform a 10th prestige hack])

On a similar note, Has anyone gotten several messages asking for points to get prestige 10? I think I already have gotten a dozen by now.

Omis

my friends were skinny
ACR Silenced is pretty crap without stopping power. Itll take at the very least five bullets to kill and around 7 at sniperish ranges. You need SP to use the ACR silenced.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I've gotten a few of those 10th Prestige Lobby messeges. Haven't gone into one yet. I'm a skeptic, so I find it hard to believe. I either Knife to reload cancel, or do a quick semi-sprint. Especially for some guns, it's desperately needed.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
I've gotten a few of those 10th Prestige Lobby messeges. Haven't gone into one yet. I'm a skeptic, so I find it hard to believe. I either Knife to reload cancel, or do a quick semi-sprint. Especially for some guns, it's desperately needed.
I just click the control stick in very quickly. Easiest method imo.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Speaking of canceling, I hope most of you using TI/Throwing Knives/Semtex/Claymore/ Knife Cancel. Knife > Equipment > Y. Very fast. I tested it with a tac knife and I recovered faster using this than simply using the Tack Knife. Very good for breaking windows or if you miss your first knife.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Microsoft will begin selling the former MW2 Xbox 360 console bundle exclusive 250 GB hard drives in Japan for $170!!! No date has been announced for any other countries at the moment.

Will find source after and edit the first post with this.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
250GB just seems unnecessary, IMO. And for $170, man oh man. M$ is friggen insane.
Demos, rock band songs and DLC take up a lot of space. I might upgrade in the future cause I plan on installing all 5 of the Fallout 3 DLC. And M$ makes a lot of profit off their high priced low quality accessories.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
It's absurd, honestly. $100 for a wireless adapter, where both of their main competitors do supply that for free with the console. Microsoft is way too money hungry.

Can't you store stuff on your computer VIA transfer cable?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
It's absurd, honestly. $100 for a wireless adapter, where both of their main competitors do supply that for free with the console. Microsoft is way too money hungry.

Can't you store stuff on your computer VIA transfer cable?
Everyone already knows that. Get over it. People vote with their wallets.

And you have to buy a transfer cable now. Not free anymore.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Hah, so I called and argued with the guy for like 45 minutes about them fixing my 360, he absolutely refused to do it for free, was fun stuff, lemme tell you.

I reallllllyyy need some Hardcore search right now, nothing just feels like as much fun.

I'm going back home this weekend, hopefully I can get a scope of when I can get a new 360 then lol :/.
If it red ringed, or 1 light ringed (there's an error code?), and you've had your system for less that 3 years, it falls under the red ring warranty. If the d bags on the other end of the phone say no, ask for their supervisor IMMEDIATELY. They're obligated to get them, and those supervisors will kiss your *** from here to next week.

Don't give up.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Just back to the whole reload canceling stuff, there is absolutely no reason to double tap Y. It takes more time and it's dumb IMO. As said before, doing a light sprint is by far the easiest/fastest thing to do. And even the ACR with silencer AND stopping power is weak enough. I tried hardline on that crap and I wanted to cry.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Ewwie I think the Scar's Irons are waaaay better than the Tar's.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
EDIT: How good is the ACR Silenced, WITHOUT Stopping Power?

What do you mean reload canceling? Canceling the reload animation after the game already registers you as reloading? I do a light sprint after, save a few seconds of the reload, and can on occasion save my *** when someone tries to kill me when I'm reloading.

I learned how to do that one month into CoD4, if you don't know how to do this, you're really hindering yourself in this game. I do find it a lot harder to do on hardcore, but I've learned how to just look at the animation, and now I just kind of know when to do it.

I didn't know you could double tap the weapon swap button to reload cancel though.
I guarantee that I use the ACR more than anyone here. It's my favourite weapon and I've tried everything on it. I spent 4 Sagotage games with Cold Blooded and Ninja, camping with my silenced ACR because I wanted the pro version of CB. The ACR with a silencer is an absolute monster with stopping power. With Cold Blooded, it's a bad choice. If an opponent is moving, you need to pick your shots. If they stand still and don't see you, it's fantastic.

Either way, I would not suggest you use it without Stopping Power.

Reload canceling is weapon dependent, as some weapons have a much smaller add time (the time it actually takes for the gun to be full) than the actual animation. The Intervention's full reload is a picture perfect example of this.

And because Icy wants to know when I will play with him, I have no Idea when I will be free (I pray friday).

However, I will post my Xbox live name here:

Gray Wolf1992

(Note, please remind me that you are a member of the SWF so I don't consider you another stranger on the internet [despite the fact that we really are]. If you try to scam me for 10th prestige, I am broke, you you are without a paddle there, ***-hole [ignore this statement if you have no intent/have no Idea on how to perform a 10th prestige hack])

On a similar note, Has anyone gotten several messages asking for points to get prestige 10? I think I already have gotten a dozen by now.
SWF mad

I'll add you as soon as I get on, hopefully you'll notice my name and know right away I'm from SWF. I've had 5 of them so far, one of them was almost like a commercial. Saying you can try it before you buy it, be sure to have PayPal with $20, and that you'll see it work before they do it.

I wish you could report those messages and have those people banned.

Tar21>Scar

IMHO anyway. Plus, the Tar sights are nice. Works well with a silencer too.
I disagree. As much as I love the TAR-21, I believe the SCAR is much better. I loveeee the SCAR iron sights.

I agree and approve this post. The SCAR-H doesn't need any RDS or Holo, the iron sights are pretty good IMO.

EDIT: This thread now has 37,000 views!!! :D
Quoting for emphasis, I also approve. Either silenced or grenade launcher.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
ACR Silenced is pretty crap without stopping power. Itll take at the very least five bullets to kill and around 7 at sniperish ranges. You need SP to use the ACR silenced.
4 bullets at close range and 5 bullets at long range

Speaking of canceling, I hope most of you using TI/Throwing Knives/Semtex/Claymore/ Knife Cancel. Knife > Equipment > Y. Very fast. I tested it with a tac knife and I recovered faster using this than simply using the Tack Knife. Very good for breaking windows or if you miss your first knife.
lol feels like wavedashing almost

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
No thats wrong. ACR is a 30-20 spread without SP or Silencer. Silencer drops it down a shot at close and two at range.
Is there some sort of chart that shows the damage spread on every gun? That would be extremely informative and very useful for the OP.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
i know my gun stats ;0 trust me

ACR is a 30-20 without SP. A silencer does not change this, it's still 30-20.

ACR without SP
30 dmg close range (4 bullets to kill)
30 dmg medium range
20 smg long range (5 bullets to kill)

ACR Silenced without SP
30 dmg close range
20 dmg medium range
20 smg long range

ACR with SP
42 dmg close range (3 bullets to kill)
42 dmg medium range
28 smg long range (4 bullets to kill)

ACR Silenced with SP
42 dmg close range
28 dmg medium range
28 smg long range

everyone has 100 health except in Hardcore where players have 30 health. Painkillers have 3x health

http://denkirson.xanga.com/715966769/modern-warfare-2/

G U R U

Smash Lord
Just went 25-4 on Highrise and 19-1 on Rundown. Get *****.

Surprisingly I haven't had any matches with people doing the CP glitch yet. I must just be lucky.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I had about a 5-Game Streak of CP Glitchers. Couldn't stand it. Went to PS3 where the players are too dumb to figure out the new one.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Well I guess you showed me who is boss. The Silencer does reduce damage for some guns at least, right?
It reduces range, which makes guns use their lower damage number for distances outside of their effective range. It might seem weaker, but the actual damage spread does not drop. It only dropped on I believe the AK47 from CoD4, but that was a glitch.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Alright everyone, so far, what is your favourite overall killstreak? Mine would have to be Pavelow. They always rack up a great amount of kills, and can stick in a good amount of time.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Harriers for me.

They save me so much when they shoot down a helicopter or Pave Low and the airstrike part counts as a Precision Airstrike kill.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Stealth Bomber, only for the sick noise that it makes at the end.

But probably EMP. It's genuinely the best team perk in the game. I honestly enjoy playing with a GOOD team, but I don't feel the need to use it most of the time, because usually, my teams are crap, which explains my piss terrible win/loss.

EMP+Chopper Gunner = ****. I've gotten my friend about 10 nukes by setting up an EMP for him.

BelgianWaffle

Smash Cadet
Just went 14-2-0 on Wasteland :D
I love it, I stayed in the same place the entire match with my MG4 and killed the soldiers coming across the bridge.

But anyways,
what "green" perk do you guys use? Currently I use the one that increases knifing distance, but I feel like I could be using a better one. Thoughts?
I has the mastery for that 1 gun. Reminds me of a rhino. Thats why it would be a good idea to explain that my account is "broken." I cant log in at all. So I had to make a new one, if you can update my psn that would be great

RhinoMuffin

Grunt

Smash Master
harriers are the greatest.
i got the cluster bomb title / cod4 emblem just now because of the harrier airstrike.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I really like using the chopper gunner. I get excited every time I get it and open up the computer. It's just a fun killstreak reward to play with and I like destroying the kill feed.

Off topic, someone link me with a good capture card that's not over 100$. I wanna get one with good quality, but I don't know much about capture cards other than my friend's dazzle.

Brick_Top

Smash Apprentice
I refuse to play this game again until care package glitching is taken out. It's ****ing ridiculous.

except for care package glitching to the top of quarry

Top Bottom