• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3 presents - Pound 3 warm up 1/12/08 (New Time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Date: January 12th, 2008

Ashburn, VA 20147

Events:
Smash Singles/Doubles

MD/VA standard rules.

Entrance Fees:
$10 for singles
$10 per person for teams
$8 venue fee, venue fee includes a soda (or red bull, just ask) and a bag of chips

You must sign up for teams by 3PM.

I will make the bracket shortly afterward.

If you plan on leaving the venue let me know beforehand.

THERE WILL BE A LOCK IN FRIDAY NIGHT 8$

Last time we had 51 people and Azen was there to take the crown. Lets try to have 100 people this time. This will be our last big chance (as an area) to get ready for pound 3.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm gonna start teams at exactly 5PM, my target goal is being out of there by 11PM.

SINCE IT'S 5PM YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE FOR BEING LATE, YOU HAVE A 10 MINUTE GRACE PERIOD IF YOU CONTACT ME AHEAD OF TIME.

NO EXCUSES.

meepxzero

Smash Master
Only way this tourney is gonna work is if you just do singles lol and possibly cut the venue fee in half because we only get half the time there now =P..... but i guess it wouldnt b fair to the street fighter people because they come at this time usually and pay the full venue fee as well....

g-regulate

Smash Hero
why is this occuring @ tope? cant he just move it a week back? this whole 5pm stuff is crazy and i dont like it.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
dude i love C3 and i love C3 dave and i love tope but im not paying $8 to play melee for like 4 hours.

bottom line is, C3 used to be $10 for singles and doubles, $5 venue fee with free red bull.

then it was no free red bull

then it was upped to $8 venue fee, free chips and any drink

...then it was just 1 soda, no gatorades or red bull

then there was a $5 lock-in

now its an $8 lock-in, and one time we were kicked out at 7am with no notice beforehand.

so now on top of all of that ($8 venue fee, $8 lock-in), we now lose a good 7 hours of playing time starting at 5. im sure this is just a one time thing but i wouldnt expect a huge turnout

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've asked him about lowering the venue fee, but he hasn't responded as of now.

Also you guys can play friendlies all day before the tournament as well, so feel free to show up early.

chinesahh

Smash Lord
so if we can play friendlies all day, why cant we simply start the tournament at a decent time?

**** it im not going unless it starts earlier

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
gonna break your streak of 5th placings? XP

When you say come early, do you mean around normal time-ish? (11-12?)

I mean, cause if we can be there and play, I don't see why we couldn't do the tourney. >_>

Clarification plz.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
tope im off work this day. do you want me to just come in at 11 and run the tournament?!? i can if you want me to. that way we can finish at a decent hour, or does C3Dave have some reason of starting late?

ChuDat

Smash Master
Remember when I used to have Bi-Weeklies at the c3 venue? David was never there, and I still collected peoples money with Davids Trust. People still bought their food and drinks, and I recieved the money that was later given to David.

I don't see why you can't talk to david, Tope. Instead of e-mailing him, give him a call. I have his phone # if u need it. (571) 274 1060

Only other reason I would see this happening at a later time, is if the room was being taken up. If not, then Tope needs to talk to David.

Oh and Tope, 5 PM is traffic hour. Not positive about saturdays, but I know people work this day.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thank you for your support and suggestions guys.

The reason we are starting so late is because there is a Halo tournament running the same day which is going to take up all the tv's/space supposedly.

You can show up earlier with your own tv's/cubes and play friendlies if you want.

More later.

Fonz

Smash Ace
Does anyone happen to have Geometry Wars: Galaxies for the DS? For some dumb reason I need to connect my Wii version of Geometry Wars to a DS copy in order to unlock the last 9 levels. If someone has it and could bring it that'd be amazing =P

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
can't make it. but i'm just letting you know that i'm getting annoyed at how late these tourney's are moving. edit: i'm a ******, ignore that

why is it the 12th if there's a halo tourney that day? wasn't it gonna be the 19th?

out of curiosity, is the feb C3 gonne be melee or brawl? if it's brawl you'll have to hold it real late in the month to a)get as much regulated tourney stuff figured out as possible, like glitches, stages, etc, as well as give time for everyone to unlock everything

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
Meep! If there's doubles at this c3, do you want to try teaming before pound 3? Savedge says hi. :D

kiwiii

Smash Lord
uhhh wtf
i was thinking about going but iono this looks lame
-_- i just want to play melee
twabis lets do teams MMs :D

meepxzero

Smash Master
Meep! If there's doubles at this c3, do you want to try teaming before pound 3? Savedge says hi. :D
boooooo!!! was planning on not coming :dizzy:, but if most of richmonds coming now al definitely show up just to see u guys <3. Yah sure we can team up for this c3. Telll savaddgeee i said saaavaadddgeee!!!!! :laugh:

chinesahh

Smash Lord
**** 5 pm starting time wtf

i think raftbuilder is convincing my **** to go to ny unless theres something else here thats going on

sorry janet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom