• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3 Butterfly?

Bartender

Smash Rookie
Whaaaaat? C3? What's that?!
In MGS3 (set in the Cold War era) there were no c4s, however it was a moldable prototype called c3, EVA made in into a butterfly for him before they split up from the cave, he used that c3 (the one EVA made into a butterfly) as the last explosive to be planted in the hangar of the Shagohad.

Ragnorok64

Smash Rookie
In MGS3 (set in the Cold War era) there were no c4s, however it was a moldable prototype called c3, EVA made in into a butterfly for him before they split up from the cave, he used that c3 (the one EVA made into a butterfly) as the last explosive to be planted in the hangar of the Shagohad.
I believe she molded it into a heart. Snake molded it into a "butterfly," moth actually (If I remember correctly), himself.

Spoilers for those who haven't played MGS3

Partway through the game Naked Snake (aka Big Boss) loses his right eye. This of course compromises his depth perception. While recovering next to a fire Snake tries to brag a moth out of the air but can't do to his recently lost right eye. Later when he's about to plant the last explosive to try and destroy the Shagohad, he pulls out he C3 Eva had molded into a heart, molds it into a moth tosses it into the air and catches it saying something like "Gotcha now."

giantRobot

Smash Rookie
Thank you Ragnarok, that whole thing makes much more sense now. I didn't really understand the whole moth thing, but now that you mention it I do remember that scene. that has always bugged me!

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Come on, honestly this is why i left the Snake boards. Too much stupid questions. We have places to ask these questions, you know.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Come on, honestly this is why i left the Snake boards. Too much stupid questions. We have places to ask these questions, you know.
o.O ... giantRobot bumped a half-a-month old thread.

Also, lately, there hasn't been any "stupid" questions/threads being made. I think the Snake forum is one of the few that rarely get those nowadays. Everything is laid out if people just check the stickies :)

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
"the one EVA made into a butterfly"

Sir this statement is false what actually happens is Eva turns the c3 into a heart and gives it to him. Once he reaches the final spot in which he has to plant the c3 he then turns it into a butterfly upon remember his time with her alone throws it up catches and slams it into place

Top Bottom