• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C stciks for n00bs, bare with me if this has been posted...

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
Hey ok i've gotten pretty good at brawl, but a while ago one of my friends made us believe to neva eva use c stick cause its for n00bs. we are pretty well known in our city for being good smashers, however we've had tough times agaisnt some opponent who use c sticks.
I've also seen that some AT's require the use of the c stick so i guess its totaly legit.

Thing is none of my friends will be willing to give the "spam for noobs" crap. Can somebody pelase actually inform me of why people believe such a thing? And what's the oppinion n of the real PRO'S?

If this has been psoted somewhere else, which i suppose i'm sorry.

x9whitey9x

Smash Journeyman
Most "pros" believe that since you have the C-stick, you can or should use it. It's all part of playing to win, and if your strategy involves C-sticking, then go for it.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I never played as Ganon until I learned the mighty power of the C-Stick...

He's the only reason why I use a GC controller in Brawl.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Cstick is for noobs?

Dude, just do what works for you.

If he complains, then just say, "no johns."

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
No different than claiming hotkeys in Starcraft are for noobs. It's a flawed argument since the game designers had the controls added into the game for players.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
People who complain obviously don't have a competitive mindset, and if that's the case they shouldn't be playing Smash or any game that requires you to use every resource if that's what it takes to win.

Oh wait...

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
The C-Stick is nooby when it is used nooby. If you just mash it to throw out random smashes then you are playing stupid. But as others have said it does have its uses, DACUS and Boost pivot-grabbing would be very difficult without it ;)

pony eyelashes~

Smash Rookie
lol sory but whoever told you taht is just a noob!~~

the ctick is basically all i use when im playing as canondwarf. it realy is useful and helps me win~

zeldspazz

Smash Master
This game is about knocking your opponent off the stage, so why not use the easiest way that works for you? I don't have a gcc but I shake the wii remote for a smash like a c stick would. Nothing wrong with that, they're probably just mad that they can't take advantage of it =)

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
One thing is for sure you shouldn't be playing as Diddy Kong if you don't use the C stick.

Its used for
-Glide Tossing
-Perfect Dashing
-Retreating Arieals
-Fast Smash Attacks

If you plan on charging your smash attack, then don't use the c stick. But if you don't plan on charging your smash attack, then use the c stick. Its that simple >_>

Tianxiazhai

Smash Journeyman
The C-Stick is nooby when it is used nooby. If you just mash it to throw out random smashes then you are playing stupid. But as others have said it does have its uses, DACUS and Boost pivot-grabbing would be very difficult without it ;)
That sums it up nicely

Top Bottom