• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Hax says fox is slightly harder than falco.

The diffference is super slight though both mu's very bad.

Zhea

Smash Ace
The problem us a mediocre falco can make life hell for falcon. An amazing fox trancends this. He truly makes you feel useless.

gravy

Smash Ace
Have you ever played an amazing falco? I only took one stock off peepee, it felt like I couldn't do anything. I've never had that much trouble, even vs m2ks sheik.

SFS_Nipz

Smash Rookie
Falcon is too underrated and people john WAY to much about MU's. He is a glass cannon. Everyone can destroy him. But he can destroy everyone off of one touch. Its all about refining your neutral game IMO. I play all the best players so dont bother saying you havnt played a good fox or falco. I play fiction / Lucky who are def falcon killers. Westballz/Rcizzle are super good against falcon as well. To me it seems like we lose our matches from bad spacing / poor decisions.

Zhea

Smash Ace
The thing is, falcon has to be on top of his game at all times for any of his matchups to be close to even. Other top tiers, outside of fox, don't . And when any of them are on, they get greater benefits then falcon. I used to believe Falcon was better than anyone gave him credit for, believed it for 2 years, but at the end of the day he deserves his spot on the list. Play Falcon because you love Falcon. Don't play him because you think he is secretly OP. Hax can confirm he is not.

gravy

Smash Ace
Hax is the worst example for your argument, he's got a terrible mentality. There's nothing secret about it, I DO think falcon is a great character. He has a ton of room to improve still, and seeing how close hax currently is to beating all the best players means that if we made these improvements, he could be at the top. I will never be convinced he can't win a national.

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
Hax is the worst example for your argument, he's got a terrible mentality. There's nothing secret about it, I DO think falcon is a great character. He has a ton of room to improve still, and seeing how close hax currently is to beating all the best players means that if we made these improvements, he could be at the top. I will never be convinced he can't win a national.

I think he can too

Once he switches to fox

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It makes me wonder why people even play this game.. to win? to have fun? do they love their characters? lol. I guess it would be important to ask yourself what do you want to accomplish in Melee..? With Falcon?

gravy

Smash Ace
I play for all three of those reasons, and I want to show people that falcon johns are not legit.

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
Depends on what you consider bad. He's probably worse than fox, falco, jiggs, sheik, marth, and peach. I'm guessing those characters make up at least 50% of who people play, so I'd say it's an uphill battle. That said, I consider him to be extraordinarily decent

SAUS

Smash Ace
Depends on what you consider bad. He's probably worse than fox, falco, jiggs, sheik, marth, and peach. I'm guessing those characters make up at least 50% of who people play, so I'd say it's an uphill battle. That said, I consider him to be extraordinarily decent
Yes, he is not amazing like those characters are, but compare those matchups with how link is in those matchups - or other characters like bowser, mario, DK, etc. Captain falcon is probably the worst character that is widely used, but is far from being a bad character when you look at every character below him on the tier list.

Top Bottom