• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
How is knee --> grab possible?

Are they just dashing to jc grab immediately after the Lcancel meteor knee?
Yes (also why do you keep calling it a meteor knee <_< is that the guide's name for it?)

They have to be DIing in though, otherwise they hit the ground first

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
LoL i guess I should just call it the knee now. I was using that reference because I wanted to differentiate it from a weak knee lol.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Well what does meteor knee reference is what I wanted to know

Meteor is also the term for the downward sending moves that can be meteor cancelled so that also threw me off <_<

And you could just call it the strong / sweetspot knee if you really wanted to differentiate, but most people take knee = sweetspot, weak = weak (duh)

Twinkles

Smash Lord
you guys feed leffen too much
i love the guy too, but you're gonna make him fat
anger is high in cholesterol

Armada

Smash Lord
i mean i kind of get what you're saying, he doesn't always end in tippers, somtimes gets carried away with upairs and is forced to nair uselessly, but there is absolutely nothing about marth armada knows that m2k doesn't, and "gimmicky" or not, his marth style is clearly surperior to armadas.

Your post didn't make a point of admitting that quite enough for my liking :chuckle:
M2ks Marth is much better then my Marth and I would never try to say I have a better Marth.
The things is that m2k actually ends combos way to early many times when he has more stuff guaranteed.

I know M2ks Marth can learn from my Marth when it comes to the combo game (especially against spacies).

M2ks Marth is faster/better overall but if you think m2k can't learn from anyone when it comes to Marth then you should reconsider.

Same for any good player. I can learn stuff from other peaches and Mango can learn stuff from PP/Javi exc.

It's me Q

Smash Apprentice
@Its me Q: I'm disrespectful? jeez, you blew my mind with your extraordinary observation and you're advice is helpful in so many ways.

No, really!

@VA: He quoted me >_>
Ill give you some advice mate, stop posting on the internet until you can accept you're wrong about something, or can respect someone seeing something from a different perspective or absolutely have to pick apart every meaningless atom of what people say to give yourself a little ego 'high'.
And stop using sarcasm as a defense mechanism also, it really does reenforce VA's infantile statement.
Please dont take offence if any of your behavior is caused by mental illness, because it strongly looks that way, I wish you the best, although I can already sense a sarcasm/inner rage laden post coming so ill just quote this which you posted a good few of your posts ago
EDIT: lol **** this discussion. im out.

D

Deleted member

wise tip from s2j part 5

stop being a faag in my topic thanks

==

for knee--> grab just be quick about it and it will work on most n00bs and sometimes on good people. It's almso character/DI dependent. For example, some characters will get slammed into the ground at some percentages, others will pop up but DI/ percentage also factors in.

theres a window of reaction where you can see if you can connect with a grab don't just throw out a grab like a robot following a knee

sometimes skilled players will take a fat knee, crouch it, then try to punish you when you capitalize/ or they will buffer roll/spot dodge and try to punish

I'd say optimal DI to counter grab --> knee is simply DI down and away and tech if you are guna get smacked into the ground, for falcon dittos at low percents you will NOT get smashed into the ground if you crouch/ DI the knee down and away and you can punish most falcon mains who simply grab after knee

pretty basic tip but imma get some more advanced metagame TIP for next time

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Hahahaha
Not even sure who that's directed at

Tip for Falcon dittos - DI away more so stuff like knee grab doesn't work
If you force them to just knee to end combos a lot of the midlevel players will just drop the combo and you can get back to neutral by sliding off or something

Especially at low % where knee isn't an actual threat, DI away -> buffer something/dash gets you out of anything that isn't a grab techchase basically

At mid % neutral DI is also really good, although you still want to DI away if you know the only thing they can hit you with is Uair

Don't forget to DI in on the last Uair though (just like vs Marth, where if they go for double Fair you away DI the first and in DI the 2nd ... same thing applies to double Uair)

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
It's called sucking at DI

Things you can do about it - be really scary, do Uairs late

But if they're DIing away on your Uairs you can't really do anything about it
That clip is basically a showcase of how to not DI Falcon's combos

Thardus01

Smash Rookie
Haha ah well then. Does where I hit them determine how far they go? I know it changes where they go obviously, but I just always seem to hit them ridiculously far.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Their DI is the biggest factor in determining what direction they go in

If they're DIing down and away, then they seem like they're going farther because their trajectory is much lower than if they're DIing in

When they DI in they don't actually travel less far, they just travel way more up and way less away, which makes it seem like they're not going as far

Which I think is the question you're asking

It doesn't really matter where on Falcon's leg you're kicking them with Uair (when in the move matters because he's doing a wheel in midair obviously <_<)

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Yeah, that just about sums it up haha
If they weren't too busy attacking each other it might've been an actual discussion
although I do agree with leffen that double jab is a gimmick

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Uhh it's called autocancelling, if you do it right then you don't have to press L

That Ganon had terrible DI

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
^ Thanks

Also, discovered the roll to avoid Falco shine pressure. I still find myself trying to aerial OoS at times which works 0% of the time. Just a Pikachu habit I have(uair OoS *****).

Gahtzu

Smash Journeyman
^ Thanks

Also, discovered the roll to avoid Falco shine pressure. I still find myself trying to aerial OoS at times which works 0% of the time. Just a Pikachu habit I have(uair OoS *****).
You can actually shield grab early dairs but good players usually do most of their aerials late. But yeah mixing up your OoS game is super important. Make sure you always try and buffer your rolls or whatever it is your're doing OoS with the Cstick

You can buffer a roll, spot dodge, and a jump with the Cstick OoS.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
I will do that next time instead of using the analog stick. I'll also try the early shield grabs.

To all Falcon mains,

Why do YOU play Falcon?

JonnyW

Smash Ace
^ Thanks

Mango pulls it off. I see him stomp falcos OoS all day long.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I want to talk more about stomp OoS vs spacies... how do Mango and SS make it work so much? Does it have to do with tilting shield up, not fastfalling the stomp, jumping slightly backwards, or what?

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
I play falcon because he is the most fun character in the game
playing fox for 4 hours in a tournament makes me exhausted and sick of the game, and really frustrated due to difficulty of techskill and rapability of character

but when I'm playing falcon, the combos are just so beautiful. If I'm tech chasing, I'm reacting to and/or predicting my opponent. If I'm dashdancing, I feel that I'm in a position of power because of how great his dd is. There's just this general feeling of superiority that falcon gives me and frankly it is why I love him

falcon is also a no johns character for me. With fox I feel cheated, gimped, unlucky that a dair didn't combo to shine, etc. With falcon, I know that if I am better than them then I am going to win, regardless of their character or what I do

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
RAPABILITY!! hahaha
At first I thought you were talking about how he moves so rapid
Then I figured out you were talking about how hard he gets *****

Also you have an interesting view of Falcon

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
yeah I mean to say that fox does not have a **** whistle and is small and weak, easy target for the dirty deed

falcon players complain so much that his defense sucks and he is *****, blah blah blah, it's just johns

if you got hit you ****ed up

with fox I get hit ALL the time from not even mistakes, people sdi my dair, shine whiffs, i'm grabbed, or last hit of dair misses and shield comes up, shine->shield grab, upairs don't connect, etc

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
with fox I get hit ALL the time from not even mistakes, people sdi my dair, shine whiffs, i'm grabbed, or last hit of dair misses and shield comes up, shine->shield grab, upairs don't connect, etc
Haha ... those sound like mistakes to me ...

Sometimes you don't have the luxury of assuming that drill -> waveshine upsmash is guaranteed, etc etc etc ...

I just find it funny that you're complaining about Fox from Fox's point of view is all

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
how are these mistakes? sdi the drill=their play, not yours. And dair is the only approach fox has the beats cc other than shine, which is much less safe to try.

the reaction speed required to see if they sdi and to choose whether or not to shine is just unrealistic

if the last hit of dair misses, again, that's not something you can exactly control. Who seriously can see the hits of their dair coming out and time their fastfall accordingly?

upairs missing is their play from SDI. the only thing you can do is sweetspot the second hit only which takes extreme spacing and is often times impossible due to combo DI

no more need to discuss fox here but seriously, he is really ****ing frustrating to play and it's much easier for people to john and complain than it is for them to actually try playing that hero for an entire tournament and realizing fox players are mother ****ing gods among men for their patience, concentration, and will power

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Grab beats CC <_<

I mean some things are frustrating but I feel like you can make different move choices to mitigate these problems

Basically I never feel like I'm out of options with Fox, but sometimes I feel like Falcon just sucks haha

I get what you're talking about though

Gahtzu

Smash Journeyman
I dont even lose to spacies that often anymore now im ****ing losing to Ganons ****KKKKKKKPO!IPJ"KOIJHBUHI

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I dont even lose to spacies that often anymore now im ****ing losing to Ganons ****KKKKKKKPO!IPJ"KOIJHBUHI
I saw you beating some good Ganons dude. Soon you will wreck every Ganon you meet.
I will do that next time instead of using the analog stick. I'll also try the early shield grabs.

To all Falcon mains,

Why do YOU play Falcon?
Falcon is the greatest video game character ever. and I have an emotional connection with him.

Top Bottom