• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

bvezi's new smash channel!

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Just watched the first match but it's tough to tell because fuzzypenguin doesn't seem to know how to play Yoshi very well. I noticed a lot of neutralB moves and he even approached with downB, so obviously if you remotely know how to play, he won't be a challenge for you, but one thing I noticed was you often had the opportunity to kill after an utilt with an usmash and instead tried to fair, which would only put you in a tech chase situation.

Sedda

Smash Champion
I only saw the first half of the falcon/fox match.

If you guys can start playing online, you should. You'll get better within a week of online play than you will playing each other. for now, you guys still need to learn how to play matchups at the basic level. for example, some general stuff:

To the falcon player: not nearly enough grabs or usmashes/uairs. There were plenty of instances where the fox was coming right at you from above, and an up smash can solve all your problems. there were also times when fox wasn't even lasering you but you still double jumped a lot to get to him from above. just run up to him and grab ---> combo

to the fox player: basically the same thing but in reverse. Don't try to attack falcon from above like that. it takes one up smash to finish your stock, and you also need to use lasers a lot more. if you cant short hop double laser, learn how to short hop low laser to approach and also to keep your opponent at bay. with projectiles as good as fox's, you can decide when the engagements happen a lot of the time (especially on hyrule)

To both of you: work on your z cancels and movement options across the board (platforms and everything). practice simple combos in practice mode if you can.
just try to think faster too. both of your characters can move faster than you guys are giving them credit for. A lot of the time, you guys will do the 'approach with an aerial, roll back if you miss.' that habit is extremely easy to punish. sometimes if you miss an aerial, it's better to follow up with a grab (or if youre falcon, maybe an upsmash, or something else). if you're fox, a jab will work, or anything. sometimes rolling back can be good, but if it's everything you do all the time, people can just dodge your attack and immediately expect youu to roll back, so they can cover that easily.

KEEP PLAYING!!

BVezi

Smash Rookie
appreciate the feedback, will deff try these suggestions but also you should watch the whole match because much gameplay is adjusting to the opponent throughout the match, but i will get working on these things thanks!

Top Bottom