• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
"Ignore any hype I create"

Is what was said.

Also, I left the rules for Melee as is. I didn't change what Vyse had posted because I didn't want to upset Melee. If the rules was an issue somone should of said so!

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
I don't even hang out with downers, k.

Well, glad you thought somthing was hype...

And another thing. Don't let me place 7th again Melee. I went m2 one set and just Bair with Jiggs and won some sets.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
"Ignore any hype" is a weird thing to say. There was a lot of legit hype going on throughout the day.

And BC, bairing with Puff is how you win sets with her, lol (provided you space things well). If I were you I'd stick with Puff over Mewtwo for now because I have noticed you improving with her. Maybe you can come back to Mewtwo once you've worked some more on your fundamentals. Take note of the advice Cal gave you and get those wins.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Zac actually did us all the biggest favor by declaring melee free entry since it's pretty clear he's gonna win the prize money before the tournament even begins.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Brawl Results:

Singles:
1. Apples
2. Attila
3. Jaice
4. Dean
5. Archaze
6. Kaion

Doubles:
1. Apples + Archaze
2. Attila + Jaice
3. Aero + Toki

Full results to come.

In future, melee will be looking after itself. Hopefully Gerard can take charge of the scene, or anyone else who is willing to step up. This will include set-ups, money, advertising on the facebook page, and all event related organisation. It will be up to the melee organisers to post the melee event information underneath the event main page in the thread.

This should work well because Zac has the first post after the main post and can edit easily. Particularly when he wants to change the rules/money/event information the day before, or during an event.

Shout outs later :D

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Sooo peeved Kaion out placed me when I always beat him. Thanks for sandbagging Matt :w

Haha! That was sooo bad! I was so cocky at that moment so I went for eeeett!!!!!!!!!!

I did have the possibility if missing in my head but I wanted to be brave lol!

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Crayon and Oreo: thank you guys so much for this weekend, letting me stay with you and putting up with my occasional mishaps. Awesome hosts and you're always free to stay at mine if you're ever in Melbourne.
Bacon: cheers for teaming with me bro, it was a shame we couldn't get too much practice in before the tournament but I'm not unhappy with how we did. Good work with all the organizing you put towards the events.
Anthony: was great for you to come even if sick. Games were good, game one was way too close for comfort.
Nick: GGs mate, you're a very impressive player.
Matt: appreciate the effort you put into organizing the event. Enjoyed getting some games with you this time as well, although it was a shame the set finished as it did you played very well.
Apollo: also enjoyed getting to play you again as well. Your Wario is seriously good and just wore me down.
Chris: too good, great Pikachu.
Jaice: I knew the rematch in losers was going to be hard >.< you played extremely well and did great to adapt from our earlier encounter so quickly.
Toki: amazing dude, was great seeing you again.
Adrian: doubt you'll see this but Saturday night was many lols so thanks for keeping us company.
Attila: thanks for your support and advice throughout the day. Winning out of state is never easy and I still think your performance was commendable.

I had a lot of fun with this trip, there are so many awesome people in Queensland. Will definitely come back one day. :)

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Hey Zac or anyone else.
Got some melee results?

Good to meet so many keen new people.
Very enjoyable weekend.
Good place, good people.
Most I have enjoyed a lansmash in years, if not ever.

New people:
Let us know if ya keen for meets at my place.
Will feature melee and project m.

Possibly as soon as this weekend...

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Yea I gotta say I had a lot of fun and I didn't even enter singles lol. Just fun playing friendlies, and meeting the new guys. I hope you learned something from our games!

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Bob, these are the results BC had:

Melee singles:
1st: Syke
2nd: Smoking Puppy
3rd: Jbirds
4th: Cal
5th: Attila
5th: Uber
7th: BC
7th: Vyse
9th: Luxray Dreams
9th: Darkfire
9th: max
9th: JRD
13th: Bow
13th: LordOxMoose
13th: Phrase

Melee doubles:
1st: Attila+Syke
2nd: Hunks of Plunder (Puppy+Vyse)
3rd: Jamaican bobsled team (Uber+ Darkfire)
4th: Exceptionally moist pelicans (max+Cal)
5th: Toki is Jebus (Toki+Aerodrome)
5th: Bob's unusual methods
7th: BC+JRD
7th: robbirds

I dunno how true this - how could Robbirds get 7th?

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Max and cal beat them.

Skyke seeded the bracket not me.

Brawl:
1st: Apollo (:warioc: /:zerosuitsamus: )
2nd: Attila (:snake: /:falco: )
3rd: Jaice (:olimar: /:peach: )
4th: Dean (:dedede:)
5th: Archaze (:metaknight: /:luigi2: )
5th: Kaion (:metaknight: /:olimar: )
7th:BC (:lucario: )
7th: Cal (:dk2: /:metaknight: )
9th: Zydro (:metaknight: )
9th: Vyse (:diddy: /:metaknight:)
9th: Aerodrome (:wolf: /:zelda: )
9th: JRD (:pikachu2: )
13th: Blurr (:falco: /:jigglypuff: )
13th: Scoot (:ness2: )
13th Blade(:metaknight: )

Brawl dubs:
1st: Apples/Archaze (Wario+MK)
2nd: Attila/Jaice (Snake/MK+olimar/Peach/G&W)
3rd: Toki/Aero (Random/ROB+Zelda)
4th: Kaion+Cal (MK+Wario)
5th: Dean+BC (King D3+Lucario/Wario)
5th: Zydro+JRD (MK+Pika)
7th: Blurr+Table (Jiggs+Boswer(?))

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It was fun seeing everyone! Sorry I was a bit anti-social, I was just sick, so I just didn't want to hang around people too much.

@Karnu, next time have people vet the rules for both games. Yeah, I carried rules across from tournament to tournament, but at least I was always trying to get feedback from people to make sure they were happy with them first. Especially if this tournament was being posed as a 'major' - you should have been fine tooth combing a lot of these things to make sure they're exact and understood. I haven't been at the helm of organising in anything in quite a long time smashwise, so taking the ruleset I had as gospel wasn't the wisest.

Otherwise good job organising (Matt too) It's a learning process! but some people are less forgiving than others (Syke is a poo head - sticks and stones, remember that), but next time, draw these people into the discussions that need to happen. If you don't want to have the necessary vested interest in Melee, then get somebody on board from the Melee side of things to look after it. I used to call on people like Dif to look after the Melee side of things when I felt I couldn't devote enough time etc.

<3<3<3<3

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
No idea who seeded doubles, when I saw the bracket a few sets had already finished. Qld is awful at doubles, they've been losing to lvl 9 peach for years.

Results are pretty accurate

Rob worst doubles partner oce

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I was the guy in the white shirt playing mostly Marth in friendlies until about 6pm. Had a blast, cannot wait to get owned more! I feel like just that one session of getting owned taught me a lot about the game. Also, who was the guy with the Dark tag? We had an amazing set of about 10 friendlies, need to play that guy again

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Just quickly:

Huge Thanks to Matt for hosting. One of the most entertaining smash trips I've had. Such a generous host; took care of everything. Also,tell nesdi said thanks, too.

Well Done to Chris;you've improved so much. Keep up the good work.

As for me, I'm gonna take some time and consider whether or not is like to continue playing this game competitively. It's been fun, but I don't think I want to play anymore. We'll see.

Well done to everyone else; Queensland has a pretty amazing scene.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
the seeding was fine
im normally a beast at doubles generally performing better than singles
i just had mad chokesies... started playing like a little ***** when it was tight instead of playing normally

Remastered

Smash Lord
Shouts:

Apples/Chris: I knew you could take it out long before the tournament had started. Never a doubt in my mind that you had it in the bag. Watching you grow as a player in the QLD scene over the last year and a half has been a pleasure. Great company every trip, even if you are demanding and purposely try to get me killed in Metroid. I'll upload the SCV recordings when I get a chance. Maybe you'll be able to see why you're so bad if you watch it back.

Attila: Superb Snake, and I'm annoyed I didn't get to face you in bracket. Great company right from the start, and plenty of good times had. The door is always open if you want to come back up again in the future. More gym and beach trips are a certainty. Hopefully your RNG is more favourable next tourney,

Jaice: You are the strangest brother anyone could have. 'I just want to beat Attila's Snake with Peach or Zelda'. You achieved that, so well done I suppose.

Dean: Super cool guy, and your D3 makes mine look like it's on drugs. I actually learned more playing your D3 then I did in any other match over the weekend. I tested a lot of things, and learned a heap. Cheers ;)

Kaion: I actually want to apologize for not taking our first set seriously. I picked Snake, I underestimated you, and I paid the price. You have improved so much in such a short time frame. Very impressed. My MK > MK still though :p

BC: Good tourney BC, and great work TO'ing. I hope you learned a lot from running this event as to how you should run future events, and how frustrating/difficult some people can be to deal with. Just remember in future, you're in charge, and you call the shots. I want to leave you to run the lot in future. You can do it easily, you just have to back yourself ;)

Toki: Thank you for treating my controller like your child. I didn't see any signs of abuse, just love.

Aero: Seeing Chris' reaction to you guys running at him out of the dark was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. We need to organise more group events at these tournies. LanParty 2014?

Zydro: WInd-up F***ing Magician is the gayest card in the world. So strong with M-X. I want to see you in the top 5 next tourney.

Blurrr & Tablo: That D3 spike to DK punch was a highlight of my life. SOOO amazing haha. You guys have great potential, and I hope you guys stick around and start watching vids and improving your game. With a bit of work, we might see you guys near the top in the near future.

Smoking Pup: Always good to chat/catch-up, if only briefly. Nice work in melee. Good to see you and J-birds near the top.

J-birds: Good to chat and to see you doing well in melee. Cheers for the brawl friendlies. Was good.

Vyse: Thanks for making it out with all the gear. I know everyone really appreciates it, especially given how sick you were.

Cal: Good to have you back up in QLD and talking to you in person. I was starting to worry you weren't the same good bloke Cal after reading your last few posts on here and FB. Still a good bloke ;)

Bob: So great to see you back at Lans. Super good bloke. Spectated a few of your intense N64 games. Keep coming back :D

Arrow: Respectable brawl meet Thursday. Solid Soul Calibur game even though you don't play. Poker soon at my place.

Excellent weekend, and had a blast the entire time. Big thanks to the guys staying with me for the good times and looking after the place. Needed more Soul Calibur personally.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
im looking to hire the pcyc venue for melee if we can get the numbers to support it.
what date in january would work best, 11th, 18th, 25th???
is saturday better than sunday???

also im real keen to play pm 3.0 when it gets released

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Our full team name was:
Bobs Unusual Methods/Cheeky Unexpected Monkey (BUM ***)

If new people are keen for meets here is Fri or Sat better?
Other people hosting would be cool too. :)

Mr. Birds:
Late Jan seems better, but that's just me.
We could have some project m this weekend if peeps are keen.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Soutouts:

Vyse: Good, to see you. I still didn't get my rematch >:l Thanks for the advice, if anything this tournament was a big learning curve. I have to be hard on people, I'v taken in Attila's advice and I'll try it. I worry about being an "asshole" and I hate people thinking badly of me. I need to not care..

Zydro: YOU BEAT BLAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! You're a king! You are really being a Meta Knight now! Remember, you need to be more agro on my recover! But good job!

Matt: Thanks for the housing, you are a champ! How we are friends after Mario party 4, idk!
Too bad I didn't get to play you more this LAN! And how dare you sandbag kaion and let him slip into 5th place! He should of got 7th like me lol! But oh well!

Thanks for helping me with TOing, I'm learning more every LAN so please bare with me.

Attila: You're just too gud! Thanks for playing soooo many games with me, I have learned a lot from you and I wouldn't of done as well vs Apples or Jaice as I did this LAN!

Apples: You're such a champ! And a great friend! I'm soo hyped and happy for you! Beating Attila is not something every Australian player gets to do. Attila is like, a beast at this game! I was really glad I was there supporting you though, it was a tense set put you did it! Thanks for the set too! I'm really please with it!

Toki: Good seeing you again, thanks for the doubles set in Melee, it was incredible! Best fun I had all day!

Aero: I said I wouldn't punch you, my arm would shatter. Thanks for the close set, its been a while since I played wolf. Thank you for the incredible melee dubs set

Blur: You would do well if you tried! It was disgusting how much I sandbagged our game. You really are getting better despite not playing lol, you should try.

Tablo: Good to see you offline rather then chatting on FC lol. You're a cool guy! Please play singles next time <3

Blade: Good to see you arrive, there wasn't much tension between us. I appreciated that.

Kaion: You ****, how dare you outplace me, I got my revenge in our srs set but I still hate you <3

Jaice: Great seeing you again! Please play more.

Dean: Sorry about dubs, I should of done more practice with Wario but we can't complain. We played people who are good at dubs.

JRD: Shoutouts to your cab fare. I know I'm pretty bad at being organised but you need to plan ahead! You need to know what you're doing weeks before the event, not on the day. There are plenty the will give you a lift, just ask. You're getting better though, I know you want to get good but you need to do the right thing in terms of getting better, you need to play lots of friendlies and not Mario land Wii U all day. I know you love this game and want to do good but you are going all the wrong way about it. You don't just get better, you need to make the effort!

Cal: DK vs Lucario is ****ed.
Thanks for the advice for brawl and melee too! I hope to play a better jiggs soon!

Pup: Thank you for your help, gj on your placing too! Too bad we didn't play melee!

Syke: Roy 2gud and I'm so bad

LordOxMoose

Smash Rookie
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone I met and played friendlies with.
I'm sorry I didn't really ask names because I'm awkward but I had a whole heap of fun just getting crushed, and the few people who took the time to teach me how to play melee a bit better.
And just being able to play ssb64 at the end of the night and finally be able to win a couple of matches was nice too haha.
But yeah, thanks to everyone in the whole smash scene as well, everyone I spoke to was super friendly and it was just an awesome day

Tom Nook

Smash Rookie
Thanks for a great day guys. I think this was my third LanSmash and it was by far the most fun I have had. Only shoutout I have is to the guy I was playing Target Smash with (sorry I didn't get your name). We managed to get 5.2 seconds on level 1 with double foxes lol.

@Attila: Thanks for playing all those friendlies with me. I should feel honoured haha.

@Archaze: That little stunt you pulled gave my nightmares, and it wasn't even on me haha. Didn't I get an off screen spike on you in one match? If so, I'll take that as a personal victory. Tablo probably won't be around much but I hope to continue playing!

As another note, I would possibly be interested in meet-ups and such in the future if I am available. I would love to improve my skills and overall you guys have been incredibly friendly and welcoming.

Top Bottom