• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bushido Brawl Impact [Paris, France]

Armada

Smash Lord
I am going home. Europe people just need to go to Apex. Beating me is big but heh I feel like ive been sucking too much lately. Glutonny wouldnt handle the pressure and glutonny isnt on our level lol. I just suck. Unless you guys send him to Apex or another national tournament you will never know how good he is.
i have no idea if gluttony is use to pressure but when i came to USA (genesis) everyone (almost) cheering against me and that was no problem for me.

Even if i dont play brawl (brawl sucks) really good jobb Gluttony.

Europe <3

edit:
ksizl4life: But if thats impossible to say Gluttony is at the same level at the top players in USA thats impossible to say USA top players are at the same level as Gluttony.

Dont take this in a wrong way BUT it feels like everyone have to prove so much in USA and the americans never have to do anything in Europe or if something happend it dosent matter.

I have been in Ally situations (Genesis and Pound4 but specially Genesis).
It matter and it dosent matter if you are from USA or Europe in that situation.

I was the only top player from Europe at Genesis and Ally was the only from Canada (North America) at Bushido.
At least i (guees Ally to) wanna prove something.
I was so tierd to hear Americans say we have no chance but ok thats good for me beacuase thats makes me more motivation.

My poits is: USa have bigger tournaments but it still meant something to win here and can everyone stop overrated USA in everything?

I heard from a friend about this tournament (he is a brawl player and i am not) but i still wanna check the results because i heard Ally coming to Europe.
Ok maybe i overrated USA to but i had at least reasons for that.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
lol at just a random guy saying that Glutonny is as good as ADHD, M2K n Ally and the Americans and everybody raging.

Although I gotta be honest here, atm Europe has as much chance as winning a tourney like MLG or Apex as CO18 and Ksizzle, meaning that it ain't gonna happen!
well i suck and co uses ddd so what does that say lmao

QUIVO

Smash Master
Wait, I heard the version Ally was playing against Gluttony was Pal.. no? He couldn't mortarslide unelss he hti something?

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Wait, I heard the version Ally was playing against Gluttony was Pal.. no? He couldn't mortarslide unelss he hti something?

I dunno what's funnier, that ally vs glutonny was on a ntsc brawl or that the gameplay is exactly the same in pal than ntsc xD

QUIVO

Smash Master
It was something random I heard. I forgot who, but they were saying the Utilt was weaker and he snake couldn't mortarslide. I watched the last match and noticed Ally only mortarsliding once, but it was when he hit the bike.

By the way, I thought wolf couldn't do his ledge tricksies in pal

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
It was something random I heard. I forgot who, but they were saying the Utilt was weaker and he snake couldn't mortarslide. I watched the last match and noticed Ally only mortarsliding once, but it was when he hit the bike.

By the way, I thought wolf couldn't do his ledge tricksies in pal

Calzorz

Smash Lord
i have no idea if gluttony is use to pressure but when i came to USA (genesis) everyone (almost) cheering against me and that was no problem for me.

Even if i dont play brawl (brawl sucks) really good jobb Gluttony.

Europe <3

edit:
ksizl4life: But if thats impossible to say Gluttony is at the same level at the top players in USA thats impossible to say USA top players are at the same level as Gluttony.

Dont take this in a wrong way BUT it feels like everyone have to prove so much in USA and the americans never have to do anything in Europe or if something happend it dosent matter.
This is what i was trying to say ally usually gets 1st/2nd in america so who says the other top players placing below ally in america are better than europes top players placing below ally in europe?

i hope this post makes more sense xD and ally is too good

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I hate this argument about "the crowd cheering against you". You think it works on Glutonny?

He started his smash "career" at the age of 13 and by 3-stocking Leon in pools, who was the most dominant player in France at the time and getting 2nd place in the tournament. Think he's affected by pressure?

He loses 3-0 Winners Finals at BBI against Ally, and still beats Kaos without too much trouble in Losers Finals. Think he's affected by pressure?

He gets to Grand Finals brimming with confidence and keeps believing he can win. Think he's affected by pressure?

Ally picks Falcon on him in the last match of the first set of Grand Finals. Someone tells Glutonny Wario has a 0-90 CG on Falcon. Glutonny says "heh... do I really need a CG to beat him?". Think he's affected by pressure?

Ally is ahead 1-0 then 2-1, but Glutonny still hangs in there. Think he's affected by pressure?

Glutonny counterpicks FRIGATE ORPHEON on Ally in the second set. Think he's affected by pressure?

Glutonny wins. He's 15 years old. He's probably the best european player. Do you really think someone like him will get nervous or anything if he went to a big american tournament? You gotta be out of your mind to think so.

If anyone is gonna beat Glutonny in the USA, it's not gonna be because of the crowd but because the other player simply was better.

I can't believe you're talking about pressure, Ally. You're the one who's been to hundreds upon hundreds of tournaments and going far in them. You probably have a lot more experience than Glutonny in that matter.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I hate this argument about "the crowd cheering against you". You think it works on Glutonny?

He started his smash "career" at the age of 13 and by 3-stocking Leon in pools, who was the most dominant player in France at the time and getting 2nd place in the tournament. Think he's affected by pressure?

He loses 3-0 Winners Finals at BBI against Ally, and still beats Kaos without too much trouble in Losers Finals. Think he's affected by pressure?

He gets to Grand Finals brimming with confidence and keeps believing he can win. Think he's affected by pressure?

Ally picks Falcon on him in the last match of the first set of Grand Finals. Someone tells Glutonny Wario has a 0-90 CG on Falcon. Glutonny says "heh... do I really need a CG to beat him?". Think he's affected by pressure?

Ally is ahead 1-0 then 2-1, but Glutonny still hangs in there. Think he's affected by pressure?

Glutonny counterpicks FRIGATE ORPHEON on Ally in the second set. Think he's affected by pressure?

Glutonny wins. He's 15 years old. He's probably the best european player. Do you really think someone like him will get nervous or anything if he went to a big american tournament? You gotta be out of your mind to think so.

If anyone is gonna beat Glutonny in the USA, it's not gonna be because of the crowd but because the other player simply was better.

I can't believe you're talking about pressure, Ally. You're the one who's been to hundreds upon hundreds of tournaments and going far in them. You probably have a lot more experience than Glutonny in that matter.
wtf u sound like thats a bad thing. if anything, it makes the matchup easier for wario on frigate.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
stop johning for ally, he didn't play his best, but that doesn't mean gluttony doesn't have another level of skill that can compete with ally on his best, so the argument is moot.

this one tournament, gluttony won. congrats gluttony. USA/EU please let it die

napZzz

Smash Hero
This is what i was trying to say ally usually gets 1st/2nd in america so who says the other top players placing below ally in america are better than europes top players placing below ally in europe?

i hope this post makes more sense xD and ally is too good
gotta love inui logic

one tourney win against him means he's better than everyone ally has beaten CLEARLY

GOD BLESS AMERICA

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
wtf u sound like thats a bad thing. if anything, it makes the matchup easier for wario on frigate.
Ally counterpicked Frigate Orpheon on many people that day, and he also did it on Glutonny in the first set of Grand Finals. By counterpicking FO himself, Glutonny basically was saying to Ally "I'll beat you at your own game.".

Calzorz

Smash Lord
gotta love inui logic

one tourney win against him means he's better than everyone ally has beaten CLEARLY

GOD BLESS AMERICA
u read my post wrong right? in no way am i saying glutony is better than all of america or even ally for that matter?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Ally counterpicked Frigate Orpheon on many people that day, and he also did it on Glutonny in the first set of Grand Finals. By counterpicking FO himself, Glutonny basically was saying to Ally "I'll beat you at your own game.".
Or, its a good stage for Wario vs Snake.

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
stop johning for ally, he didn't play his best, but that doesn't mean gluttony doesn't have another level of skill that can compete with ally on his best, so the argument is moot.

this one tournament, gluttony won. congrats gluttony. USA/EU please let it die
^This

10Neodabess

napZzz

Smash Hero
u read my post wrong right? in no way am i saying glutony is better than all of america or even ally for that matter?

I exaggerated a little bit, but that seems like what alot of you are saying. You cant even make any assumptions, or make any comparisons (that goes for both sides...) unless all of our and your top level players go to the same tourney...thats all I'm gonna say

oh and snake sucks

QUIVO

Smash Master
I'm just saying someone random told me all these things.

I mean, if you look at Melee's Pal compared to the NSTC, there were so many absurd changes. I think the stuff I mentioned wasn't that ridiculous.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
I hear Europe ***** in brawl. You guys should come to US for some tourneys, it will be blast.

QUIVO

Smash Master
lol, so I guess taking out mortar slide and a weaker utilt is more ridiculous than flame cancels, chaingrabs, meteor cancels, etc?

TreK

Is "that guy"
I hear Europe ***** in brawl. You guys should come to US for some tourneys, it will be blast.
We would if we had money.
Glutonny keeps stealing us.

But yeah, def' a blast for us to overcome a campier metagame, and a blast for you to adapt to guys that are actually good at attacking.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
There are actually a lot of parallels with Armada at Genesis.

Ally/Armada both went to the other side of the world for a tourney to prove themselves.

Both trashed everyone up to Winner's Finals. Mango/Gluttony **** in Loser's Finals, make a 2 set comeback, both Ally/Armada use their lesser characters (Falcon/Fox), both have the crowd against them.

^_^

Staco

Smash Champion
CO18's post is completely true. how da **** can you say glutonny is on m2k ally and adhd's level when he hasnt played the gdlk players of the UNITED STATES? not canada.

and to the above post.

so you're saying that the opinion of one player > the skill of 50 states?

Mew2king thinks im the best lucario because he played me. is he wrong? yes. its not a fact.

I think Anti is 3rd best player in the world. could i be wrong? yes.

im pretty sure ally think his brother is better than 90 percent of the top players in the united states but what has his brother done accomplishments-wise? so maybe hes wrong there too.

i can keep going with all these opinions but im stating what they are : opinions.

how would you guys feel if all your top players came over to US or vice versa and U.S dominated very hard? pretty embarassed and pathetic is how i would feel.

thats why you should base your assumptions on actions, not the opinion of one player who went over there playing FALCON and SNAKE and took 2nd. maybe you guys knew how to fight his snake style pretty well and he thought you guys are da bess cuz of it. stuff that doesnt work that way.

you guys had no american mk's, snakes, marths, olimars, falcos, lucarios, zss's, and others to play. you played one canadian snake player who plays vastly different from all the other snakes.

as i said earlier, do something instead of taking a word for it.
hey, werent it the americans that always said: america > all without ever proofing it?

who knows, maybe Gluttony is way better than m2k, adhd etc. and just bad at the Snake MU?

as U said earlier, do something instead of taking a word for it, america ;D

personaly I dont think that we should compare america to europe until a lot of the american top players have played a lot of the european top players

we will get to know more in the future, when more americans travel to europe and the other way around

btw, now looking forward to the few japanese players, that will attend apex

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Wow at what I created.

Stop saying random bull**** about Glutonny handling pressure; HE DIDNT HAVE THE SAME PRESSURE. his pressure WASNT 140+ CHEERING AGAINST HIM IT WAS CHEERING FOR HIM which is GOOOD and thats what I WOULD WANT. I CP FO cuz I just like CP random stages most of the time.

Armada go play ur game and keep losing to someone who made fun of you at Genesis.

I like most of EU Ppl but I swear they're the same bunch of idiots when it comes to OH WE **** NOW YEAYUZZZ. No you don't you just beat a canadian who sucks and been losing to anyone in the past 4 months for being too busy with life.

and other than 5-6 players in EU I have played. they're the only one that would stand a chance so far.

Wait glutonny had some pressure going on? I didnt know that. I never had pressure in Canada tourneys and it was very easy to handle ESP when the US first game to Canada and got cheered against. I FELT SOOO WELL. and dont even talk about glutonny doing well when he cant even leave his city alone. I'm used to the USA trash talk in some region (NJ/NY I barely get trashtalked anyhow). WC trashtalk is **** though. bye for now

Albert.

Smash Master
Idunno why that guy is flaming Quivo for being curious about NTSC/Brawl disc differences, IF that guy was smart he'd know that Quivo has a legitimate point in asking these questions.

The Brawl Wiki DOES say that Wolf doesn't have his ledge tricksies in PAL.

Why are you "Facepalming" cause the guy had a legitimate question/point?

I think you're trying to make him look/feel stupid but really it's just making you look stupid.

Top Bottom