• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Burst Grenade

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
If you get grabbed, your opponent can pick it up. It doesn't explode though.

~Fin~

Edit: Maybe it happens if you get hit as well iunno.

Last edited:

?.?

Smash Journeyman
I've noticed sheik just lose her line to it but I had no idea that an enemy could pick it up, neat! Another fun little tidbit is that it can bounce off certain projectiles. Megamans buzzblade for example.

Last edited:

Tristan_win

Not dead.
HUH, up till now I always thought of side B as a sort of disjointed attack not a item.

It makes me wonder if your opponents could do something like air dodge catch the grenade or something or mario cape it back at us. Oh well~

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
I think it's best for edgeguarding. Someone is trying to come back to the stage, you can throw the grenade, to try to disrupt them, and you don't have to commit. If they do something that might have otherwise hurt you, you cast out a long line and there is no risk on your end. Because there is a delay in the explosion, it also gives you time to either react to any change they might make, or set-up something else against them while they're recovering.

?.?

Smash Journeyman
I think it's best for edgeguarding. Someone is trying to come back to the stage, you can throw the grenade, to try to disrupt them, and you don't have to commit. If they do something that might have otherwise hurt you, you cast out a long line and there is no risk on your end. Because there is a delay in the explosion, it also gives you time to either react to any change they might make, or set-up something else against them while they're recovering.
Completely agree with this and I only ever use the move otherwise as a rare mixup to needles. The fact you can hold it so long as it's falling is amazingly useful. I actually managed to save my teammate the other night just by hitting him with it lol.

Top Bottom