• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Burn With Passion!! -- Incineroar General Discussion (Formerly the Support Thread)

SmashNStache

Smash Cadet
I understand, it's frustrating to see people dump on Incineroar for the past couple of years, most notably from Deciueye fans to the point where it's become a meme. Fortunately, the hate is becoming more and more frowned upon to the point where it's just embarrassing to the outside world now. Personally, I rather week spend the energy building our character up, we might bring some of our opposition around, if not to supporters then to at least mutual respect. I've seen our thread mentioned outside in other threads a chill, I'm quite happy to keep that reputation going.
Other threads have really mentioned us like that? That's kind of nice.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I checked the Pokemon website and the Alolan starters are being treated equally on that front.
That's good then. I was going by what I've heard about from other vendors, I could be wrong though.

Other threads have really mentioned us like that? That's kind of nice.
I believe it was in the Tails thread where I heard that. I like us being the group that is about cheering on our favorite tiger and having a good time.

Drakonix

Smash Cadet
I am much more of a lurker, but i just wanted to post my thoughts on the newcomer drama that has been happening lately.

I find it perfectly fine to express disappointment when your favorite character (or your character of choice) does not make it in Smash, or even isn't a front runner in newcomer speculation. What I find unnecessary is when people start to throw insults and general negativity towards another character (and the people supporting them) because they are potentially in direct opposition to theirs or they just don't like the character period.

It sucks that, "YEAH welcome to the internet!", but I don't see why people can't at least try to be more civil.

Anywho, back on topic. I have been going back and forth between characters I really want in Smash. I think I can finally say that Incineroar is my #1 now and it'll stay that way. I hope the rest of you stay strong and don't let other people's negative comments bring you down.

We are the FIRE and we shall not be extinguished! :)
Oh god that was cheesy....oh well hahah.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I may be in here defending my wrestler cat but I can't deny I'd lose my mind the moment Blastoise or Piplup were made playable...

Klimax

Smash Ace
It seems that there's a lot of hate on Incineroar, well, that was predictable. And to be honest, I don't really care about it. I think that many people know (even if they don't admit it) that there's a huge possibility that Vergeben is right and that Incineroar is in the game (and in my opinion, he's in the game). But they don't want to accept it because it means that their favorite character has less chance. I can understand that reaction but I think that people need to chill and stop taking this THAT seriously by bashing other characters.

D

Deleted member

Don't let what other people say get you down other people will hate. That's on them Incineroar feeds of the hate and moves forward to victory anyway, I'm glad to support it and want it in, and nothing anyone says will change that, no disrespect I respect their options. But that's how it is for me at least.

Last edited by a moderator:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Would you want to hear a out-there silly theory I've been thinking of? What if part of the reason (should he be playable) Incineroar was picked by Sakurai was that quiet a number of people were vocally requesting more heavies and villains, and Sakurai decided in 2015-6 (whenever the Pokemon newcomer was finalised) to add in a Pokemon newcomer that would be a heavy-type and would fit the role of a villain?

Well, obviously, you shouldn't really take this theory seriously, but can you imagine the amount of villains we'd get as newcomers compared to the previous game? Ridley, Dark Samus, K. Rool and potentially Incineroar if he ends up playable.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Would you want to hear a out-there silly theory I've been thinking of? What if part of the reason (should he be playable) Incineroar was picked by Sakurai was that quiet a number of people were vocally requesting more heavies and villains, and Sakurai decided in 2015-6 (whenever the Pokemon newcomer was finalised) to add in a Pokemon newcomer that would be a heavy-type and would fit the role of a villain?

Well, obviously, you shouldn't really take this theory seriously, but can you imagine the amount of villains we'd get as newcomers compared to the previous game? Ridley, Dark Samus, K. Rool and potentially Incineroar if he ends up playable.
That could work as one of the factors he may pick it, it's almost a Sukarai thing to do.

Gameguy1996

Smash Apprentice
Incineroar and Decidueye are two of my favorites, it’s hard to choose, so I support both. :)
Some here. I would been fine with a new Pokemon trainer using Rowlet, Brionne and Incineroar if they wanted to refresh Pokemon Trainer.

While I think them being popular is more so the reason they where added and Incineroar could fill the role of hero or villain.

Last edited:

TokuDoku

Smash Rookie
Yo, I usually lurk here, but I made an account just to show my support for 'Roar!

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I am much more of a lurker, but i just wanted to post my thoughts on the newcomer drama that has been happening lately.

I find it perfectly fine to express disappointment when your favorite character (or your character of choice) does not make it in Smash, or even isn't a front runner in newcomer speculation. What I find unnecessary is when people start to throw insults and general negativity towards another character (and the people supporting them) because they are potentially in direct opposition to theirs or they just don't like the character period.

It sucks that, "YEAH welcome to the internet!", but I don't see why people can't at least try to be more civil.

Anywho, back on topic. I have been going back and forth between characters I really want in Smash. I think I can finally say that Incineroar is my #1 now and it'll stay that way. I hope the rest of you stay strong and don't let other people's negative comments bring you down.

We are the FIRE and we shall not be extinguished! :)
Oh god that was cheesy....oh well hahah.
I've been a little harsh to Skull Kid, but I've made my peace with Vaati not being in. (I've also been a bit hostile to Mega Man in the past over perceived competition with Bomberman (mostly in the Brawl speculation era), but he's actually one of my favorite characters to play as.)

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I also have been training a Litten from scratch, who is now an Incineroar in my copy of Pokémon Sun and maxed out his friendship with me, he’s definitely gonna be a vital member of my team. :grin:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I'm going to have a tough time deciding between playing Ultra Sun (which I'm getting this Christmas, mostly to train Incineroar (been wanting to get him/her for a few years now since Gen VII came out) and the other starters and Legends and Ultra Beasts) and Ultimate (also trying to get this Christmas).

The big downfall with Ultra Sun/Moon (and the main reason I mostly skipped Gen VII altogether) is that I'll severely miss out on Super Training which is something that all of these Alolan Pokemon desperately need (although seeing some of those formerly trained favorites from OR via Super Training getting their IVs maxed out via Hyper Training is going to be hilariously awesome to see), unlike in Gen VI (only major reason I skipped Gen VI initially was due to the Poke Bank problem (which is now resolved).

I also hold out hope that Gen VIII (when it comes out for the Switch in late 19), brings back both the Super Training regime (I love maxing out a slow Pokemon's Speed stat just for kicks) and Hyper Training and merges them both together as Ultra Training (except far better, you'll actually be able to max out every Pokemon's EVs (and it still won't be breaking the game as even a fully maxed out 252 EV Mon will still have counters) and IVs without having to sack any stats (now I'm starting to act like Sakurai when it comes to bringing back everyone for Ultimate).

Sorry if I'm being a bit off-topic with my post!

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
Let's play a little game to pass the time:

if you could add any in-game item from the Pokemon series to Smash, what would you add and how would it act?

My idea would be the Choice Band, which would boost the equipped fighter's attack power by 1.5x but prevent the user from shielding/dodging.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Let's play a little game to pass the time:

if you could add any in-game item from the Pokemon series to Smash, what would you add and how would it act?

My idea would be the Choice Band, which would boost the equipped fighter's attack power by 1.5x but prevent the user from shielding/dodging.
I would add the Poké Ball. It'd be like the Assist Trophy, but only Pok- Oh wait...

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
You know, now that we are discussing Incineroar's moveset, he should include a few pro wrestling moves just to make us pro wrestling fans pop

- RKO

- Rock Bottom/Book End

- Powerbomb

- Clothesline from Hell

- German Suplex

- DDT

- Moonsault

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
You know, now that we are discussing Incineroar's moveset, he should include a few pro wrestling moves just to make us pro wrestling fans pop

- RKO

- Rock Bottom/Book End

- Powerbomb

- Clothesline from Hell

- German Suplex

- DDT

- Moonsault
Flame Charge, but he does it with his knee like Kenny Omega's v trigger and Choke slam just like Kane.. Oh and have one of his taunts with Kane's pyros and Braun Strowman's pose with the ROOOOAAAAAR.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Actually I think there's only one way to make Incineroar look more heel-ish than people already wanting him to be

You can NOT go wrong with a low blow

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

- RKO

- Rock Bottom/Book End

- Powerbomb

- Clothesline from Hell

- German Suplex

- DDT

- Moonsault
Not really an Incineroar supporter or a fan of wrestling, myself, but damn. A lot of those moves would be pretty damn great to see. They're flashy, and fit Incineroar pretty well.

Especially a fan of the "German Suplex". Just so over-the-top and would be perfect as a back-throw.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Not really an Incineroar supporter or a fan of wrestling, myself, but damn. A lot of those moves would be pretty damn great to see. They're flashy, and fit Incineroar pretty well.

Especially a fan of the "German Suplex". Just so over-the-top and would be perfect as a back-throw.
I don't get the German Suplex. It looks more harmful to the suplexer than the suplexee.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I don't get the German Suplex. It looks more harmful to the suplexer than the suplexee.
The person giving the suplex hits the mat a lot more gently than the person receiving it. Suplexes can be fun to take, but you definitely hit hard.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Actually I think there's only one way to make Incineroar look more heel-ish than people already wanting him to be

You can NOT go wrong with a low blow
that’s a lotta damage.

That face is priceless.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
The person giving the suplex hits the mat a lot more gently than the person receiving it. Suplexes can be fun to take, but you definitely hit hard.
Yeah, I doubt that the opponent gets hit harder than the suplexer, since the suplexer is basically cushioning the opponent's fall with his own body!!!!!! Seriously, why the hell would you perform a move like that?!?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Yeah, I doubt that the opponent gets hit harder than the suplexer, since the suplexer is basically cushioning the opponent's fall with his own body!!!!!! Seriously, why the hell would you perform a move like that?!?
They're really not. To take a suplex you post and get tossed by the suplexer, who basically just falls backwards. The person taking the suplex has to do a full on back bump, which is a lot harder since unlike the falling back motion it's a lot more sudden and you slap the mat with your back fairly hard.

I'm a pro wrestler - I've taken a few suplexes, and Germans are a blast but pretty scary since there's a lot less control when you're taking them than with most moves and they sting a fair bit.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Your opponent's body doesn't touch your body when you hit a good german suplex. And that's a legit devastating move.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So I went and updated the character UIs I made for Incineroar to match the ones we have for Ultimate.

@GoldenYuiitusin Feel free to replace the old version in the OP with this one, when you have the time.

Top Bottom