• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Building a (Better) Bot: FifthCPUs intro to AI Modding

Would this work better in video format? (Note, no promises on a video)

• Yeah

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • Nah

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

FifthCPU

Smash Apprentice
This spot reserved for lesson three (will deal with requests, advanced things, and how to do a neutral game).

TL;DR on the neutral: Have a lot of routines in the AIPD in different situations. Continually move things around trying to make it work correctly. Cry.

Last edited:

Sneez

Smash Apprentice
wow part two is exactly what I'm looking for, so happy I won't have to figure this out on my own. my vote is to have both video and text, with the video pretty much mirroring all the instructions in the text. that way any ambiguities from the text would be cleared up hopefully.

Barry BlaZe

Smash Cadet
Yeah I've been playing aroudn a bit and would like to learn more about different routines and such!

FifthCPU

Smash Apprentice
I can try to get part 3 up relatively soon, but I'm working on finals and term papers right now so I can't promise anything, except that I'll try to make it happen eventually :/

EDIT: Also reuploaded AIScriptpad, since I might've used the wrong version last time. My bad. If yours is missing routines or something, use the new link.

Last edited:

PudPo

Smash Rookie
Not a problem! I certainly understand that end of semester struggle, best of luck!

D

Deleted member 269706

Hey great guide, I can't wait til the break for me to work on this! Wondering if the process is similar when editing AI in Melee?

FifthCPU

Smash Apprentice
Hey great guide, I can't wait til the break for me to work on this! Wondering if the process is similar when editing AI in Melee?
Unfortunately, AI is hardcoded into melee, so its not accessible pretty much at all, especially as easily as this :(

Trust me, I wish it was.

Top Bottom