• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bugs in Classic Mode with Link

MabSmash

Smash Rookie
I cleared Classic for the first time with Link, and I encountered a couple of strange things.

-Once I had beaten Master Hand, the animation that followed showed Mario's trophy landing on the table instead of Link's. I still got Link's trophy added to my gallery, but it was never shown at the end of Classic.

-After the credits, I entered a "Challenger Approaching" battle with Captain Falcon, despite already having him unlocked. I beat him and it said I had unlocked him.

Ginge

Smash Ace
The animation for Mario's trophy plays for all characters. Project M's additional characters (Roy / Mewtwo) don't have trophy drop animations or victory clips. So Mario's is played for everyone to stop it from breaking.

As for the challenger approaching: can't help you there. Most of the people I know that play Project M have all characters unlocked well before loading up Project M for the first time.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
The "Challenge Approaching" happened because you do not have those characters actually unlocked. Project M does supply you with all of the characters but does not touch the save file at all. If you were to load up brawl, you would not have all the characters.

Top Bottom