• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Buffer is still Stock Control on No Homebrew WiFi Set, Snake Tranq + Cig issues

Bent 00

Smash Apprentice
Some things I noticed that seem to be bugs, after an hour or so of testing the No Homebrew WiFi Set:

Buffer is still functionally Stock Control. It says "Buffer" in the Rules Menu, but changing the amount of what used to be Handicap still affects only the number of stocks you start with. Also, on the Character Select Screen, it says "STOCKS" instead of "BUFFER", and once a percentage is selected, it still shows up as a number (but that would actually make sense for Buffer... "1" Stock = 1 Frame of Buffer). "Input Assist" still seems to work instead of "Damage Gauge", and it still says "INPUT ASSIST" in the Rules Menu when you enter it from the Brawl screen, not the CSS. I don't think Input Assist should be in the same codeset as Buffer = Handicap...

This might have to do with me being used to 6 frames of Buffer, but whenever I try to do a short-hopped down air by hitting up on the Control Stick and then down on the C Stick, my character just instantly wastes his second jump instead, about 90% of the time.

Snake is supposed to be able to reload his Tranquilizer gun prematurely, but you can only do this when you have 1/3 shots left; it cannot be done with 2/3 shots remaining. On a side note, I think the "Hu" sound he makes after he fires a shot is annoying. Also, is it possible to have the holstered gun disappear when the Tranquilzer Gun is drawn, and reappear when it's put away? The attached silencer also seems to appear from nowhere...

When Snake flicks his cigarette off a ledge, it's trajectory still stops at ground level, as if there were were solid ground where there is only open air, and the cigarette's embers look like they have hit an invisible floor. Perhaps this is a technical limitation?

Bent 00

Smash Apprentice
The Nikita didn't have an always-visible holster. When I first saw the Tranq Gun, I assumed it was different than the H&K MK23 SOCOM .45 caliber pistol he normally carries, but then I saw that it's obvious he pulls / replaces the Tranq Gun from / into that holster... It may not be possible, but I think it would look better if the change I suggested is implemented. I believe that the space animals' guns disappear from their holsters when drawn...

DiamondDust

Prime Time Player
NNID
MaysTheCraze
Snake is supposed to be able to reload his Tranquilizer gun prematurely, but you can only do this when you have 1/3 shots left; it cannot be done with 2/3 shots remaining.
I figured this was on purpose, but I did find it strange that I couldn't reload it unless I had 1 shot left exactly, despite the fact it's not specified you can only reload under this condition. Could someone please confirm if this is a bug or not?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Some things I noticed that seem to be bugs, after an hour or so of testing the No Homebrew WiFi Set:

Buffer is still functionally Stock Control. It says "Buffer" in the Rules Menu, but changing the amount of what used to be Handicap still affects only the number of stocks you start with. Also, on the Character Select Screen, it says "STOCKS" instead of "BUFFER", and once a percentage is selected, it still shows up as a number (but that would actually make sense for Buffer... "1" Stock = 1 Frame of Buffer). "Input Assist" still seems to work instead of "Damage Gauge", and it still says "INPUT ASSIST" in the Rules Menu when you enter it from the Brawl screen, not the CSS. I don't think Input Assist should be in the same codeset as Buffer = Handicap...

This might have to do with me being used to 6 frames of Buffer, but whenever I try to do a short-hopped down air by hitting up on the Control Stick and then down on the C Stick, my character just instantly wastes his second jump instead, about 90% of the time.

Snake is supposed to be able to reload his Tranquilizer gun prematurely, but you can only do this when you have 1/3 shots left; it cannot be done with 2/3 shots remaining. On a side note, I think the "Hu" sound he makes after he fires a shot is annoying. Also, is it possible to have the holstered gun disappear when the Tranquilzer Gun is drawn, and reappear when it's put away? The attached silencer also seems to appear from nowhere...

When Snake flicks his cigarette off a ledge, it's trajectory still stops at ground level, as if there were were solid ground where there is only open air, and the cigarette's embers look like they have hit an invisible floor. Perhaps this is a technical limitation?
We're going to be releasing a fix for the WiFi codeset soon.
Thanks for letting us know about not being able to reload the tranq gun after firing 1/3 bullets.
The cigarette taunt has to work that way, unfortunately. We are unable to make it continue moving off the stage.

Bent 00

Smash Apprentice
I'm happy I could help! Thanks to you and the rest of the team for your hard work.

Top Bottom