• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
Yeah, Burner Man is intense!

Super_Queijo

Smash Apprentice
Which songs you guys want to be added for the Wii U version? For me, the lack of the MM3 tittle theme (it's basically Mega Man's official theme song for me) and MM2 intro (which is MM1 ending song also by the way) is too much to bear

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Or the Time Stopper on Quick Man's stage.
Hey, hey, hey, now, I can't help that! >=( I just...I dunno...for some reason I can't seem to get past those force beams on my own. I don't need Time Stopper to beat Quickman anyway. :awesome:
It's been a long time since this thread started, and I feel there are a lot of new Mega Men on our boards, so Imma bring up and old topic to welcome them:

Who is you favourite Robot Master, and why?
When I saw that red hockey-like mask for the first time I was like "yeahthisisgonnabemyfavoriterobotmaster".

I'm getting better with Megaman. Reflectors don't seem to be much of an issue for me. Also I seem to have a lot of luck with Megaman's U-air (Air Shooter) - I don't know if it's the small screen of the 3ds or what, but I get a lot of KOs with that thing. What I have a lot of trouble with is the Hard Knuckle. I just can't hit with that and I know it is going to be a valuable tool later on.

And with that, I'll leave you guys with this:

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Favorite Robot Master seems pretty difficult. I normally decide who I like by level theme so I guess to name a few I would say, Airman, Needleman, Woodman and Shademan being at my very top but they aren't like that far off from the other 80+ bosses.

Which songs you guys want to be added for the Wii U version? For me, the lack of the MM3 tittle theme (it's basically Mega Man's official theme song for me) and MM2 intro (which is MM1 ending song also by the way) is too much to bear
I badly want to hear some more Castle music (Cossack II and Wily Machine 9 come to mind instantly) And covers for Frostman theme as well as Galaxy Man.

Last edited:

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
If we're talking music themes, my favorite is Skull Man! My phone has a Robot Master ring tone picked out for each of my friends. :D

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
If we're talking music themes, my favorite is Skull Man! My phone has a Robot Master ring tone picked out for each of my friends. :D
To meet such a fan is awesome.:bee:
But There is also Toad Man & Dive Man's themes that aren't bad. And no, I won't talk about the last 2 classic MM games because every single tune is awesome in these.:seuss:

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
Awww, thanks! :)

I hear ya! MM 4 is actually my favorite, there's a bunch of songs in there that get stuck in my head. And getting those stuck is perfectly awesome! :D

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I have 3 of them right now :

Just look at his face. I just don't think he can even anymore.
Burner Man has to be the most frantic and fierce RM out there.
He's just plain badass.

You don't mess with Burner Man!! Period!

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I gotta say, I'm really liking Mega Man's moveset in the demo. I'm not a pro or anything, but he was surprisingly easy to use for me. I've still got to practice with him. But I'm getting a fair amount of wins against the Level 9 ninja CPUs.

I'm really interested in using his custom moves too. I'm probably going with Hyper Bomb/Metal Blade, Tornado Hold, Ice Slasher, and Plant Barrier/Leaf Shield.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Personally my favorite robot master is Proto Man, he's just so darn cool and he has a great personal story. If we're only counting main ones though, I'm a big fan of Hornet Man, his weapon is just so gosh darn useful and his stage has a very neat setting too!

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
I currently don't have a favorite due to not having played a Mega Man game before (Don't be mad please!). I am going to start playing them from the beggining soon, but from what I've heard they're hard as hell.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I currently don't have a favorite due to not having played a Mega Man game before (Don't be mad please!). I am going to start playing them from the beggining soon, but from what I've heard they're hard as hell.
They're not too difficult. They may seem it at first, but once you get the idea how they're played, you shouldn't have too much trouble.

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
Beat my first robot master, Bomb Man, and holy hell was that difficult lol. Maybe it's because I don't recognize any sort of patterns yet but every movement in this game seems really random.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Beat my first robot master, Bomb Man, and holy hell was that difficult lol. Maybe it's because I don't recognize any sort of patterns yet but every movement in this game seems really random.
With Bomb Man, a good option is to just run towards and him shoot, and run back as soon as he jumps. It's like he's scared of Mega Man and it makes his battle so much easier.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Most Robot Masters are pattern based to an extent. A few of them like Elec Man seem random though.

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
Yeah, I'll keep that in mind. I've beaten Cut Man now too, and I seem to be getting a grip on the game. It's challenging from the get-go but it's not impossible. I'll stop spamming this here tho.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
So here is my take on Megaman since I have been playing since it was released in Japan.

Well first off hi guys I am NAKAT a top level Brawl player from NJ/NY.

Megaman is a character that has a pretty unique learning curve and will benefit from those who are either defensive or passive aggressive.

He has a very useful and cool looking grab. Dthrow is great for initiating stringed attacks.

Bthrow is is good for killing at high percents and is good for tossing opponents offstage for stage control.

Uthrow is alright

Fthrow serves the same purpose as bthrow.

Dair stalls Megaman's aerial movement for half a second and during that breif time you can move horizontally which is great. The move itself needs to be sweet spotted in the center in order for it to spike. It is an insanely cool and rewarding move. You should use it on stage as well and not just for edge guarding.

I think Megaman's Dash attack is one of the best in the game. It puts on a great amount of pressure and crosses their shield if they do shield it. If it lands your opponent is carried in it across the stage taking damage and giving you stage control.

uair has the ability to carry and ROOF opponents! It is so good!

Bair is a killing move. It is extremely fast and very useful.

Fair is great to use out of a dthrow, edgeguard, and even used for offensive recover.

Jab is good when spaced correctly and it keeps people out.

Utilt is a great kill move when spaced properly, but is laggy at the end.

Dtilt is great for punishing and popping opponents into the air.

Ftilt is simply jabbing while walking.

His neutral b is metal blade. Metal blade can be glide tossed and is useful for pressuring shields, edguarding and just being an active hitbox flying across the stage. It is very useful.

Side B is Crash bomber. Side B is should be used a lot. It forces them to shield or jump. So think of this. You actually land the crash bomb sticky. This is gonna make them shield. When they shield run up to them and grab them aka punish accordingly.

Down B is eghhhhhh.... alright. You can't attack while leaf shield is around you. You can either grab or throw, but the move...just isn't that good. Up B is very good to use for getting out of multi hit strings in an instant. It's hard to keep Megaman in combos because of it. Also it is a pretty decent recovery vertically. Horizontally it isn't so great.

Dsmash is very strong and kills early. However if you just throw it out you will eat hard punishes due to the serious amount of lag at the end of it.

Side Smash has a fair amount of range and is good for ko'ing

Usmash is similar to dsmash only it doesn't cover the left and right side of megaman and is harder to land.

Right now at this current moment I believe Megaman is capable of doing well, but not necessarily winning anything large. There are a good batch of characters better than him, but I do feel he is no where close to being bad or low tier. With time we will see results and how his meta develops.

I have footage of my Megaman on my Youtube channel

www.youtube.com/leapoffaithnakat

Last edited:

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
So here is my take on Megaman since I have been playing since it was released in Japan.

Well first off hi guys I am NAKAT a top level Brawl player from NJ/NY.

Megaman is a character that has a pretty unique learning curve and will benefit from those who are either defensive or passive aggressive.

He has a very useful and cool looking grab. Dthrow is great for initiating stringed attacks.

Bthrow is is good for killing at high percents and is good for tossing opponents offstage for stage control.

Uthrow is alright

Fthrow serves the same purpose as bthrow.

Dair stalls Megaman's aerial movement for half a second and during that breif time you can move horizontally which is great. The move itself needs to be sweet spotted in the center in order for it to spike. It is an insanely cool and rewarding move. You should use it on stage as well and not just for edge guarding.

I think Megaman's Dash attack is one of the best in the game. It puts on a great amount of pressure and crosses their shield if they do shield it. If it lands your opponent is carried in it across the stage taking damage and giving you stage control.

uair has the ability to carry and ROOF opponents! It is so good!

Bair is a killing move. It is extremely fast and very useful.

Fair is great to use out of a dthrow, edgeguard, and even used for offensive recover.

Jab is good when spaced correctly and it keeps people out.

Utilt is a great kill move when spaced properly, but is laggy at the end.

Dtilt is great for punishing and popping opponents into the air.

Ftilt is simply jabbing while walking.

His neutral b is metal blade. Metal blade can be glide tossed and is useful for pressuring shields, edguarding and just being an active hitbox flying across the stage. It is very useful.

Side B is Crash bomber. Side B is should be used a lot. It forces them to shield or jump. So think of this. You actually land the crash bomb sticky. This is gonna make them shield. When they shield run up to them and grab them aka punish accordingly.

Down B is eghhhhhh.... alright. You can't attack while leaf shield is around you. You can either grab or throw, but the move...just isn't that good. Up B is very good to use for getting out of multi hit strings in an instant. It's hard to keep Megaman in combos because of it. Also it is a pretty decent recovery vertically. Horizontally it isn't so great.

Dsmash is very strong and kills early. However if you just throw it out you will eat hard punishes due to the serious amount of lag at the end of it.

Side Smash has a fair amount of range and is good for ko'ing

Usmash is similar to dsmash only it doesn't cover the left and right side of megaman and is harder to land.

Right now at this current moment I believe Megaman is capable of doing well, but not necessarily winning anything large. There are a good batch of characters better than him, but I do feel he is no where close to being bad or low tier. With time we will see results and how his meta develops.

I have footage of my Megaman on my Youtube channel

www.youtube.com/leapoffaitnakat
Great info dude, also your youtube link doesn't work.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm having fun with Megs so far. His Final Smash is too fun to watch.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
You're gonna have a fun time fighting Elec Man, Buster only, before you figure out the pattern. :shades:

BBC7

Smash Ace
Don't worry, the first Mega Man is one of the hardest. You do have to worry for Ice Man and
Yellow Devil
You'll see what I mean.

Last edited:

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
Yeah, I'll keep that in mind. I've beaten Cut Man now too, and I seem to be getting a grip on the game. It's challenging from the get-go but it's not impossible. I'll stop spamming this here tho.
Feel free to keep us updated on your progress! I, for one, enjoy hearing from new Mega Man players!

Last edited:

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Thank you for your thoughts as always, NAKAT.

For other info, I hope you guys enjoyed some of the guys playing Mega at UMEBURA 8. :)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The Mega Man 2 intro is sort of in the game. The Mega Man 2 Melody is mostly that theme and Wily Castle 1.

I'm having fun with Megs so far. His Final Smash is too fun to watch.
Yeah, he's awesome to use. He's surprisingly easy to use too. For me anyway.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
The Mega Man 2 intro is sort of in the game. The Mega Man 2 Melody is mostly that theme and Wily Castle 1.
I think we could use some soundtracks from the later games, particularly MM 8 and above.

Yeah, he's awesome to use. He's surprisingly easy to use too. For me anyway.
I think so as well. He feels almost exactly like you're playing a Mega Man game.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I think you're undervaluing the usmash @ NAKAT NAKAT .

It's quite a bit faster than dsmash, is a disjointed anti-air attack that beats nearly everything (beat a Link dair with it today), and provides better setups into additional hits than dsmash. Also, the hitbox is multihit so you can't just shield it once and punish, and it is active for longer, so you have less non-attacking cooldown than dsmash. Finally, the move is GODLY out of shield, as it has a quick startup, and the first hit actually has pretty great horizontal range front and back.
The move is actually really similar to Zelda's usmash in usage, but I believe it is more disjointed, so it's even safer.

Also regarding dair... unless I'm mistaken, the move ALWAYS spikes when Mega Man is a good bit above the opponent... The move behaves differently when the arm is first shot, then when the arm is essentially a projectile. I have never seen the projectile phase of the arm NOT spike, regardless of positioning. Conversely, I have never seen the intial hitbox of the move spike, so that might be a spacing thing (and I'm not centering it, etc). As I'm just on the demo still, I can't go into training to confirm this until next week.

Oh also, my favorite robot master is and has always been Crash Man. Other notables are Skull Man, Magnet Man, Shadow Man, and Metal Man.

Last edited:

BBC7

Smash Ace
Here are all of the Mega Man colors and where they originate from as well as other weapons that use the colors.

Blue: Mega Man (MM1)
Red: Rush (MM3)
Green: Hyper Bomb (MM1), Leaf Shield (MM2), Search Snake (MM3), Centaur Flash (MM6)
Brown: Metal Blade (MM2), Ring Boomerang (MM4)
Cyan: Air Shooter (MM2), Gemini Laser (MM3), Crystal Eye (MM5), Water Wave (MM5), Jewel Satellite (MM9)
Yellow-Green: Slash Claw (MM7)
Orange: Fire Storm (MM1), Flame Sword (MM8), Solar Blaze (MM10)
Grey: ThunderBeam (MM1), Top Spin (MM3), Thunder Wool (MM10)

Although I think this might be the intended way of viewing it:

Blue: Mega Man (MM1, Jab/Nair/F-Tilt)
Red: Rush (MM3, Up-B)
Green: Leaf Shield (MM2, Down-B)
Brown: Metal Blade (MM2, Neutral-B)
Cyan: Air Shooter (MM2, Uair)
Yellow-Green: Slash Claw (MM7, Bair)
Orange: Flame Sword (MM8, Fair)
Grey: Top Spin (MM3, Dash Attack)

It's interesting to note that Hard Knuckle, Crash Bomb and Black Hole Bomb have no colors representing them, even though they are part of Mega Man's default moveset.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Here are all of the Mega Man colors and where they originate from as well as other weapons that use the colors.

Blue: Mega Man (MM1)
Red: Rush (MM3)
Green: Hyper Bomb (MM1), Leaf Shield (MM2), Search Snake (MM3), Centaur Flash (MM6)
Brown: Metal Blade (MM2), Ring Boomerang (MM4)
Cyan: Air Shooter (MM2), Gemini Laser (MM3), Crystal Eye (MM5), Water Wave (MM5), Jewel Satellite (MM9)
Yellow-Green: Slash Claw (MM7)
Orange: Fire Storm (MM1), Flame Sword (MM8), Solar Blaze (MM10)
Grey: ThunderBeam (MM1), Top Spin (MM3), Thunder Wool (MM10)

Although I think this might be the intended way of viewing it:

Blue: Mega Man (MM1, Jab/Nair/F-Tilt)
Red: Rush (MM3, Up-B)
Green: Leaf Shield (MM2, Down-B)
Brown: Metal Blade (MM2, Neutral-B)
Cyan: Air Shooter (MM2, Uair)
Yellow-Green: Slash Claw (MM7, Bair)
Orange: Flame Sword (MM8, Fair)
Grey: Top Spin (MM3, Dash Attack)

It's interesting to note that Hard Knuckle, Crash Bomb and Black Hole Bomb have no colors representing them, even though they are part of Mega Man's default moveset.
I find it strange as well. I was kind of expecting a bit more variety in his colors, rather than 2 sets of blue, red, green and yellow(that's the pattern I see, anyway).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I find it strange as well. I was kind of expecting a bit more variety in his colors, rather than 2 sets of blue, red, green and yellow(that's the pattern I see, anyway).
Yeah. It would have been cool to see a purple color. Still, what we got was cool enough.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
There's a grey coloring for Mega Man?

EDIT: It's the one with the Yellow.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I truly think MM4 needs some love here. Especially Pharaoh Man. :awesome:
MM4 is actually my favourite in the whole series.
The Robot Masters are just plain badass. If you look at the Stage Select Screen, every RM except Toad Man looks like they're natural born leaders among the rest of the pack. It's impossible to tell which one of them would take the role as the alpha if you put them in the same room.
MM4 is the game were the Robot Masters stopped messing around and put serious-mode ON.
MM4 is dark - and awesome.

Last edited:

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Mega Man 4 also had the ever so awesome balloon and wire adaptors, and the much more functional Rush Marine. Mega Man 4 is definitely my favorite of the 'true' classic games, but 9 will forever have the top spot in my heart.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm particularly a fan of Mega Man 6. The Rush Armors were cool additions and felt more fun to use than the Coil or other stuff like that. It was easier, sure, but still fun and offered just enough challenge to keep me interested.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I'm particularly a fan of Mega Man 6. The Rush Armors were cool additions and felt more fun to use than the Coil or other stuff like that. It was easier, sure, but still fun and offered just enough challenge to keep me interested.
What I like about 6 is the international theme. Gave the stages much more of an identity, and allowed for some hilariously stereotypical Robot Masters. Soundtrack was also one of the best in the entire series.

Top Bottom