• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I like the fact that you can jump out of pellet shots.

It's like a hilarious momentum breaker.

Shoot pellets in their face and jump away!

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Speaking of Bubble Man, I would had loved for his stage to be an arena. Hopefuly at least his music will be there, always loved it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

BEST RENDITION OF THIS THEME I'VE EVER HEARD :love:

EDIT: Just noticed the URL was changed to Wily 2? Oh well, that's a great remix too.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Man oh man. Even the red carpet treatment in terms of music. I still just cannot get over all the love Mega Man is getting in this game. These themes certainly fit the name of 'Rockman'.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Mega Man feels like he should. The music, the moves, the stage. It's all really faithful.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
From my small time playing the demo (maybe got in about 20 matches with MM), I'm actually very impressed.

I definitely agree that be feels like he should. Like something straight out of the game almost. Now for some pros and cons.

Pro:

-His aerials are GREAT! Hard Knuckle has a smaller hitbox than I hoped, but it's still solid. The other three are like perfect.

-He feels heavy enough, and all those projectiles give him alot of coverage. His up and down smashes do crazy damage, and have less lag than I thought. His Fsmash is good, but not my favorite.

Cons:

-I hate that his jab, ftilt and nair (neglected in my pros section) are all pellets. I mean, yes, I get that it's a great callback, but since they have minimal to no flinch, they're just...meh, and I feel like they leave him too open.

-It seems hard to transition to utilt while moving/doing ftilt/at all. In general it felt really hard to pull off.

-I feel like he's going to have alot of trouble with spacing/reflector characters. Palutena, Fox and hell even Link in the demo was a bit of a problem.

I actually LOVED playing with him. I'm actually tempted to main him, but lets see how I like everyone else on October 3rd first I guess.

D

Deleted member

So... been playing the demo.
I REALLY LIKE PLAYING AS MEGA MAN AND I MIGHT END UP MAINING HIM.
That is all.
I'm sad that I'm going to have to wait until the Wii U version to play as Mega Man.

Man will that be a hard wait. It was hard enough waiting after Mega Man's confirmation.

BEST RENDITION OF THIS THEME I'VE EVER HEARD :love:
Better than the original even. I absolutely love it.

Tselel (5805)

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chris_Tselel
Okay everyone. You've been here since last summer, and I have not seen a single reference to The Protomen on this Megaman social thread. This is of the GREATEST importance to any Megaman lover. Especially for a rad gaming music source. Let me lay it out for you. Rock opera telling the story of the classic Megaman games, re-imagined in a dystopian future. Again, I cannot stress how important this is.

Hope Rides Alone.

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
Mega Man is pretty fun to use and Nintendo/Sakurai did a good job implementing him into the series. I'm glad Mega Man is going to be one of those characters that will take some work to master.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
At first I kind of thought Mega's design was a little goofy, but it's really started to grow on me.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I must say that I was somewhat dissappointed to learn Megaman was one of the playables in the demo as it means I have little to look forward to in terms of exploring the character in the final game. On the plus side it means that us "Mega-Mains"* get a headstart in learning our character as opposed to the other newcomers, sans Villiger of course.

The moment I have been waiting for since 2006, is just around the corner!

* Yes, you have my permision to shoot me for that pun.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well, other than just sitting here and wait until the day I get my hands on a 3DS with SSB4, or a Wii U (whichever comes first) I guess I can sort of comment on what I see in Twitch matches.

Megaman reminds me a lot of Brawl Samus, from what I see. Not too many reliable moves from up close, but projectiles aren't exactly TOO dangerous either. From what I'm seeing, it's the mixing and matching what will make this character very effective.

And I have seen people using him extremely well, with great results. And there are those who, for example, overlook the importance of Megaman's pellet shooter attacks. They take 3 slots for a reason, I think people should really capitalize on it..

But of course, it's all in the variety which will lead to the set ups, which will lead to the KO's.

---

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but....

TOP 5 Best Megaman STORIES. (Classics, and as extra, Top 5 in the whole franchise).

Some Megaman games don't have in-game cutscenes, but to me, those make for 1/2 the story.
For me, it goes as such.

1.) Megaman World 5
This is like... the Saiyan Saga of the Megaman franchise to me. Raditz.... erm... Terra, a Stardroid, challenges Megaman while he was peacefully walking with Roll, and tells Megaman he'll make him his slave. Rock tells Roll to get back, transforms into Megaman, and shoots Terra, but his buster canon doesn't work on him. After losing the battle, Dr.Light equips him with an Arm Cannon.
After this brilliant story sequence, the rest of the game is pure gold. And there are twists and turns here and there, but the story is entertaining throughout the whole game.

2.) Rockman & Bass 2
I admit, while I can somewhat read Japanese, I'm too lazy to try to translate it for myself, which is why I prefer grabbing a script translation from the internet and reading it for myself before or after I play this game.
This game introduces Rockman Shadow and the (pseudo robot masters called) Dimensions, who suddenly go into a rampage.
Megaman is sent to stop them, and Bass is sent by Willy to investigate why a robot that looks like Megaman is attacking.
Dr.Wily travelled to the future (approximately 37 years from that point in time) back in Megaman World 2, to snatch Megaman who was now enjoying a peaceful life. Future Wily had reformed, but was persuaded by present Wily to go bad again, and together they reprogrammed Future Megaman to become evil. This "new" entity became known as Quint.
However, before Quint, both Wilys worked on a prototype which they called Rockman Shadow. This prototype was not finished, and in R&F2, he goes back in time (to the present, after Megaman & Bass 1), enraged, and full of thirst for destruction.
It's a long story, and kinda rough around the edges, but I think it's awesome either way. It also subtly and indirectly explains why Megaman was not around when X was supposed to wake up. It's a shame this game will proably never be officially re-released for modern age consoles/handhelds. It's one and only home lies in the Bandai handheld called Wonderswan.

3.) Megaman 7
For the first time, a Megaman title has a direct impact in continuity with its prequel. Starts several months after Megaman 6, when Megaman had put Wily in jail. Wily escapes thanks to 4 of his robots who upon not hearing from their master, set off to rescue him, causing havoc in the meantime. This game also introduces Bass + Treble, has Protoman, and pretty much every good guy introduced so far plays some sort of role. It's also the first Megaman game to dwell a bit on Mega's dark side, but I'm not going to spoil anything just in case people are picking it up for the first time on the Wii U VC. It is a rare game after all!

4.)Megaman 3
If I recall correctly, the story goes sort of like: Dr. Light and Dr.Wily are working together to construct some sort of ultimate peace keeping machine called Gamma. However, while Megaman is busy taking out rampaging Robot Masters, Wily steals the pieces of Gamma for himself. If that isn't enough, we are introduced to Protoman who appears around every corner to delay Megaman, until they have their final showdown (with Protoman disguising himself as "Break Man").
The ending is where it is revealed that Protoman is indeed Megaman's brother, and it's one of the most heartwarming endings from the NES era.

5.) Megaman 1
The original story is pretty darn cool. I don't think I need to go through it, but it's still awesome. The cruel irony of Rock having to fight 6 of his brothers turned evil is both epic and tragic. It's just a shame that this game lacks cutscenes, because I think every Megaman game needs 'em.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
For all the hype I had, I wasn't actually planning on using him. Was just glad to have him/see him be true to his games.

However having actually taken the time to play non-stop (not even by choice, thank Random for that), I have to say, his moveset/gameplay won me over.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I must say that I was somewhat dissappointed to learn Megaman was one of the playables in the demo as it means I have little to look forward to in terms of exploring the character in the final game.
Don't worry, Mega Bro.
He'll feel very refreshing to play as when we finally get play his wiiu-version.

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
Oh I can't wait for the Wii U version then I can actually go all out so to speak.

I take good care of my stuff but because of all the news of circle pads breaking I'm paranoid to go try-hard mode all the time on my 3DS with Mega Man or anyone else.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
So I finally played the demo and I must say Megaman is alot harder to use than I imagined, though, that is mostly due to adjusting to the 3DS contols. Sakurai, my helmet's off to you - you did a fine job with our blue boy!

Don't worry, Mega Bro.
He'll feel very refreshing to play as when we finally get play his wiiu-version.
I...uh...only planned to get the 3DS version. I was going to ignore the Wii U release. ^_^

Hello my Megaman brothers, I am here to stay :]
And welcome you shall be!

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
So I finally played the demo and I must say Megaman is alot harder to use than I imagined, though, that is mostly due to adjusting to the 3DS contols. Sakurai, my helmet's off to you - you did a fine job with our blue boy!
It's going to be tough to get used to the 3DS controls, as I'm not used to that format. But I imagine Mega Man himself will be hard to use due to his unique moveset properties.

I...uh...only planned to get the 3DS version. I was going to ignore the Wii U release. ^_^
One of the reasons I'm getting the Wii U version is the GCN adapter. My GCN controllers are ready for more Smash action. Why would anyone play Smash and NOT use the greatest controller design ever?

And welcome you shall be!
Mega Man all the way.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Man Mega Man is so fun to play!:love::4megaman:
Although I need to get used to his jab.

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
I'll be maining him for sure! I've known that the second he was announced. :)

Jhaman

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jhaman
3DS FC
2595-1387-7690
He's been awesome for me in the demo. Took a while to get use to using his fair and bair instead of dair all the time. I just seem to naturally want to dair because my hands instinctively go down wanting to get back to the stage.

His slide(dtilt) is probably one of my favorite of his abilities. Does good damage, knockback and is followed fairly easily with a fair or some pellets.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I just used him in the demo a few hours ago. He is surprisingly easy to get used to, but the 3DS controls still take some time to get used to.

Jhaman

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jhaman
3DS FC
2595-1387-7690
I just used him in the demo a few hours ago. He is surprisingly easy to get used to, but the 3DS controls still take some time to get used to.
Yeah, hard to uptilt with the jump being set to moving the circlepad up, have to roll and move it during a time your incapable of jumping, etc.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Yeah, hard to uptilt with the jump being set to moving the circlepad up, have to roll and move it during a time your incapable of jumping, etc.
Hopefully the Tap jump options will be there when the full game is out. I don't like jumping with control sticks.

Arti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Arti31415
3DS FC
2621-3001-2960
I just want to point out that any projectile-reflecting move, including Mario's cape, can reflect down-air.

It's funniest with Mario's cape, because you don't expect it to just suddenly make your fist turn around and fly back up into your face.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I don't have any problems with the 3DS controls, but it could be because I am not really crazy for GC controllers like part of the community

Mega Man is pretty hard to play decently, though, but quite satisfying as well when you do things right.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I just want to point out that any projectile-reflecting move, including Mario's cape, can reflect down-air.

It's funniest with Mario's cape, because you don't expect it to just suddenly make your fist turn around and fly back up into your face.
I think Villager can store MM's Dair as well.
Pretty hilarious.

Top Bottom