• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Storm Tornado would make for an awesome Zoning tool, maybe a Super.
:196:
They would have to be extremely careful to not make X broken if storm tornado was just a zoning tool instead of it being a super. That weapon is the metal blade of the X series

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Double Cyclone would be awesome, as would Acid Burst, Sonic Slicer or Boomerang Cutter. Any of them would be great to use.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
They would have to be extremely careful to not make X broken if storm tornado was just a zoning tool instead of it being a super. That weapon is the metal blade of the X series
Storm Tornado was hands down broken.
I'd make it an ultra laggy move with a gigantic unique hitbox that goes away when it hits a target, but X would keep all the lag. Simply blocking it would counter it. idk, that's just brainstorming from my part.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
I've been watching the trailers of MvC Infinite, and I've been wondering, is X gonna get a voice actor? He doesn't seem have a voice in the clips compared to the other characters. If he does get a Voice actor, who do you want it to be?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Please let it not be X4's whiny voice.
Even a silent X would be better.

Last edited:

GrandTale

Smash Rookie
I feel like he'll have a voice, I'll be fine with the same voice actor as Project X Zone honestly. Hell it's still early that he doesn't have much facial expressions yet.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
He'll probably still have the same Japanese voice he's had for a while.

Though since Mark Gatha retired, I would say maybe Eric Vale(Future Trunks)seems kind of like a decent choice for Mega Man X's voice.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Happy Birthday to the Mega Man series! Honestly one of my favorite game series of all time.

Here's to hoping the big 30th anniversary will have some stuff to look forward to. :4megaman: Y'know, aside from Mega Man X in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Merry Chirstmas and Happy Holidays to all the Mega Man mains.

Oh, and I had this MM7 intro stage remix pop up in my sub-box.

Aight. Those were clean. Especially, the "Sike, You Thought!"
You're subbed to PrincessLunaZelda too?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just got back from Video Games Live, which came to Michigan for the first time in 7 years. I ended up taking my young nephews as a Christmas present.

Wasn't expecting them to play their Mega Man medley, so it was a bit of a treat to listen to it live again after so long and having provided the gameplay footage used; I still have the email Tommy Tallarico sent me in my in-box. Best of all it was great seeing my nephews getting hyped about the series. :love:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's been quite a few speedruns for Mega Man at AGDQ this year, like most years. It was cool to see Mega Man Legends and even Mega Man Network Transmission of all things.

Of course it's always awesome to see more of Mega Man X and Mega Man 6. The Mega Man 1 race was also hype.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Shame only one person failed to get the Magnet Beam quickly like the others on their first try.
It was really nice that Mega Man-athon 5 was running the three days before AGDQ 2017 started. I had plenty to keep me entertained for that long week+.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Strangely enough, there was a Mega Man Tennis game on cell phones, and Mega Man X was an unlockable character.

That's your strange trivia for the day I guess.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Haven't really watched any Mega Man speed runs outside of a few Mega Man X (series) speed runs by Caleb Hart, a Mega Man 2 speed run, and stage/challenge replays from the Xbox 360 versions of Mega Man 9+10 and the Xbox 1 version of the Mega Man Legacy Collection. I think what I like the most about watching Mega Man speed runs is how precise and creative some of these speed runners can be as I end up learning a new thing or two almost every time. :)

On a side note...

The more I think about it, the more I believe that Mega Man should of gotten the Little Mac treatment and have 16 different colors/alts. I mean, he does have 10+ plus games usually with at about 10 different colors excluding the first game and there was a point in time when before they came up with the name Rockman, Rainbow Man was a name that was considered because he changes colors whenever he switches to a different weapon or Rush/transportation item.

Yes, there are mods that can easily fix that, but there's just something about being official that just feels satisfying; even perhaps feels justified.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Haven't really watched any Mega Man speed runs outside of a few Mega Man X (series) speed runs by Caleb Hart, a Mega Man 2 speed run, and stage/challenge replays from the Xbox 360 versions of Mega Man 9+10 and the Xbox 1 version of the Mega Man Legacy Collection. I think what I like the most about watching Mega Man speed runs is how precise and creative some of these speed runners can be as I end up learning a new thing or two almost every time. :)

On a side note...

The more I think about it, the more I believe that Mega Man should of gotten the Little Mac treatment and have 16 different colors/alts. I mean, he does have 10+ plus games usually with at about 10 different colors excluding the first game and there was a point in time when before they came up with the name Rockman, Rainbow Man was a name that was considered because he changes colors whenever he switches to a different weapon or Rush/transportation item.

Yes, there are mods that can easily fix that, but there's just something about being official that just feels satisfying; even perhaps feels justified.
Plenty of characters could have used the 16 alts. Wario's missing a few from Brawl, for example.

I do agree that Mega Man could have used more alts. I like most of the ones he has now though, especially since they reference moves that he has in his moveset, rather than randomly picking a handful of them. It was a nice touch. Still Mega Man and Ryu have a FAR better color selection than the other third party characters. Bayo's is alright though.

If they did add anymore, they could go for alts based on his custom move color swaps. Shadow Blade/Black Hole Bomb purple would be the best choice. Hard Knuckle, Crash Bomb and Plant Barrier colors could stand out too.

For random ones, Lighting Bolt from Mega Man and Bass was really cool looking, and Magnet Missile would make him a little more like Protoman. Rolling Cutter wouldn't be too bad.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
They could give him 16 colors and have them all be based on moves he has in game.
Red/White: Rush
Green/White: Hyper Bomb Leaf Shield
Brown/White: Guts Arm
L.Blue/White: Air Shooter
Blue/White: Ice Slasher
Pink/White: Crash Bomb, Spark Shot, Plant Barrier, Danger Wrap
Brown/Yellow: Metal Blade
Dark Blue: Hard Knuckle
Black/Yellow: Top Spin
Purple: Shadow Blade
L. Blue/Cyan Skull Barrier
Salmon: Flame Blast
Green/Yellow: Slash Claw
Red/Yellow: Flame Sword
Teal/Pink: Tornado Hold

16 colors that cover near everything Mega Man does in game (except Black Hole Bomb). Maybe if you combined Air Shooter and Ice Slasher's together, then there would be room.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
They could give him 16 colors and have them all be based on moves he has in game.
Red/White: Rush
Green/White: Hyper Bomb Leaf Shield
Brown/White: Guts Arm
L.Blue/White: Air Shooter
Blue/White: Ice Slasher
Pink/White: Crash Bomb, Spark Shot, Plant Barrier, Danger Wrap
Brown/Yellow: Metal Blade
Dark Blue: Hard Knuckle
Black/Yellow: Top Spin
Purple: Shadow Blade
L. Blue/Cyan Skull Barrier
Salmon: Flame Blast
Green/Yellow: Slash Claw
Red/Yellow: Flame Sword
Teal/Pink: Tornado Hold

16 colors that cover near everything Mega Man does in game (except Black Hole Bomb). Maybe if you combined Air Shooter and Ice Slasher's together, then there would be room.
Crash Bomb looks more orange to me. I think you'd have a problem if too many colors were part white. 3 out of 8 isn't an issue I don't think. they should take advantage of more unique ones first.

But if you HAD to have another white color swap, I think Crash Bomb or Plant Barrier ought to do it.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Sometimes I think about the game sprite instead of the official art (which is what Smash seems to like too).
Crash Bomb:

Spark Shock:

Plant Barrier:

Danger Wrap:

So Crash Bomb and Spark Shock somewhat close as peach colors. Plant Barrier is a true pink. Danger Wrap is...orangeish?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Sometimes I think about the game sprite instead of the official art (which is what Smash seems to like too).
Crash Bomb:

Spark Shock:

Plant Barrier:

Danger Wrap:

So Crash Bomb and Spark Shock somewhat close as peach colors. Plant Barrier is a true pink. Danger Wrap is...orangeish?
Yeah, in the games, the first too are "peachier", but orange is more distinct looking, while peach is a duller color if you ask me. The art work colors work better for the early games in some situations.

Danger Wrap looks kind of brownish, just lighter than Super Arm's brown color.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Did anyone see the test footage for the new MM cartoon? Looks a little bit better than I thought. Mega Man's design looks cleaner than it did at first. And Fire Man's design is actually kind of cool. I think the footage might have been taken offline though.

Seems to fit the usual Man of Action shows. I'm willing to give it a shot. I hope the show does well enough.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Did anyone see the test footage for the new MM cartoon? Looks a little bit better than I thought. Mega Man's design looks cleaner than it did at first. And Fire Man's design is actually kind of cool. I think the footage might have been taken offline though.

Seems to fit the usual Man of Action shows. I'm willing to give it a shot. I hope the show does well enough.
I did see it on youtube and I'm pretty sure it did get taken down since I can't see it; at least for now.

I'm still not all that enthused about it to put it in really nice words. He still has that dumb face, unnatural looking body frame ,and his new design as a whole just looks inconsistent and doesn't match right to me...almost as if they just drew it randomly or something. Plus, I still kind of can't get over his name being Aki and not Rock.

At least Fire Man and Drill Man look faithful to their original design I guess.

We'll see what Man of Action has in stores for us this year, but I'm still questioning how "faithful" they're being to the Classic series and if they really do care or not cause I'm not really buying what they're trying to sell.

My question is that is it really that hard to translate What Classic Mega Man looks like into a cartoon or anime series or base it off of the Archie Mega Man Comics?

Closest we have is the Mega Man OVA which was mainly "learning about Japan" and was only 3 episodes.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I did see it on youtube and I'm pretty sure it did get taken down since I can't see it; at least for now.

I'm still not all that enthused about it to put it in really nice words. He still has that dumb face, unnatural looking body frame ,and his new design as a whole just looks inconsistent and doesn't match right to me...almost as if they just drew it randomly or something. Plus, I still kind of can't get over his name being Aki and not Rock.

At least Fire Man and Drill Man look faithful to their original design I guess.

We'll see what Man of Action has in stores for us this year, but I'm still questioning how "faithful" they're being to the Classic series and if they really do care or not cause I'm not really buying what they're trying to sell.

My question is that is it really that hard to translate What Classic Mega Man looks like into a cartoon or anime series or base it off of the Archie Mega Man Comics?

Closest we have is the Mega Man OVA which was mainly "learning about Japan" and was only 3 episodes.
I'm a bit optimistic about it for sure, but I can see where you are coming from.

Personally, I really was hoping it would look like the Archie version of Mega Man. Or like the drawn artwork from MM7. Just give him slightly larger proportions and call it a day. Maybe swap the underwear for a belt, like DC tends to do with Superman every so often. Marvel 1's artstyle works for a TV series too.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The cartoon definitely looked better than the first concept picture, though it's still very questionable. Thankfully it's been confirmed that the clip wasn't meant for the public and is not final.

I'm bummed Fire and Drill Man were being fought in that clip, I'd much rather see Mega Man have friends/rivals/allies like in Megamix/Archie/Super Adventure Rockman than the Ruby Spears cartoon.

Just adapt the Archie comic series and call it a day please Capcom. Lord knows Archie Comics need the money as Sonic's series is starting to face a lot of uncertainty.

GrandTale

Smash Rookie
While I don't expect the cartoon to follow the main timeline of the Classic series (considering they're sending the poor guy to school), it make me question how they'll handle the robot masters, since Fire Man was Dr. Lights' robot and Drill Man was Cossacks'. I do like Fire Man though, just not the idea that he's twice as big as Mega Man, but Drill Man is just let's fuse Drill and Ground Man together and give him a Ruby Heart cartoon face. As this will be a kids cartoon i'll take this with a grain of salt and see how it goes. Although yes making the archie comics into a cartoon would have been the best thing they could have done, that was a good read.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
http://www.themmnetwork.com/blog/20...rchies-mega-man-in-comixologys-line-wide-sale

With the promo code you can get the entire Archie series for $55 minimum (~$71 for crossovers). Just keep in mind that it's all digital rather than the physical unlike me. hopefullytheextra$16Ipaidhelpstheseriesgetreserialzed...
I've been wanting to get a collection of those (especially the Worlds Unite crossover). I'll settle for digital format even though it isn't as satisfying to have.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

I would totally try some Dr. Wily ice cream or a Z-Saber drink mix.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Found something kind of cool a while ago. In the Beta Version of Mega Man X8, Gravity Antonion's stage has a different theme. It's mostly similar to the final, but replaces the X4 style synth guitars with electric guitars. There's a few other minor differences too.

There's like two different videos on this.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Rickonami who makes astonishing high quality video game intro remakes including a Mega Man 2 intro remake that has over 450,000 views on youtube just made a Mega Man X intro remake and he has certainly outdid himself again with this one. My favorite moment definitely has to be at 2:29 where it gives a close up on X's eye and then the iris starts to glow along with the pupil; as if you made a big mistake to cause trouble cause X is gonna make you regret it.

Oh...and that Sky Lagoon (X) music though.

Speaking of Mega Man X. Smooth McGroove just made another Mega Man X acapella. This time it's the opening stage of Mega Man X1. While it may not be one of my favorite Mega Man acapellas that he has done thus far (his Metal Man one is out of this world and makes the original 8-bit tune jealous), it's still quite nice to listen to even if it does sound a little calm and relaxed in comparison to what the original 16-bit theme sounds like.

Still anticipating the day he makes a Boomer Kuwanger acapella.

We got all of these Mega Man X goodies and it's not even February yet. Let's also not forget that X is in Marvel too.

2017 is looking like The Year of Mega Man X.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Rickonami who makes astonishing high quality video game intro remakes including a Mega Man 2 intro remake that has over 450,000 views on youtube just made a Mega Man X intro remake and he has certainly outdid himself again with this one. My favorite moment definitely has to be at 2:29 where it gives a close up on X's eye and then the iris starts to glow along with the pupil; as if you made a big mistake to cause trouble cause X is gonna make you regret it.

Oh...and that Sky Lagoon (X) music though.

Speaking of Mega Man X. Smooth McGroove just made another Mega Man X acapella. This time it's the opening stage of Mega Man X1. While it may not be one of my favorite Mega Man acapellas that he has done thus far (his Metal Man one is out of this world and makes the original 8-bit tune jealous), it's still quite nice to listen to even if it does sound a little calm and relaxed in comparison to what the original 16-bit theme sounds like.

Still anticipating the day he makes a Boomer Kuwanger acapella.

We got all of these Mega Man X goodies and it's not even February yet. Let's also not forget that X is in Marvel too.

2017 is looking like The Year of Mega Man X.
That intro was pretty cool. Really like the remade title screen at the end. As for Smooth McGroove, I'm waiting for either Flame Mammoth or Mega Man X's Sky Lagoon.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hey, I found another cool remix to share here. This one's a jazzy sounding Tenguman theme from MM&B.

It's good to hear something from one of the lesser known titles.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Actually seeing figures for Starforce Mega Man is pretty nice. There's something about that design that's just so cool to me. It's gotta be the visor.

Top Bottom