• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Broken BRSTM Musics

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Have you ever had any problems while inserting some brstm files in Project M? Would the music crash near the middle and/or the end of the first or second loop? Well, two of those things happened to me and it's kinda annoying. :glare:

I don't know why, but most of the brstm files I download from Brawl Custom Music crashes unexpectedly. :confused: And there mostly found in the 1st loop of the song. I tried re-downloading and getting a new brstm file, but that doesn't solve the problem as I'm stressed out about this issue. Here are the following musics that crashed so far:

- Kirby Air Ride: Menu
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai: Warrior From a Unknown Land

I want add those in, but unfortunately for me, I can't.
So, how do I fix this issue as I find other crashing musics? Have you found any broken brstm music? If so, what were they?

Answers Please!

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
When I tried to replace a song for final destination....... it didn't end well. It was like a combination of the song I choose and the credits from melee.....
Tho it was probably my fault because im still getting used to adding songs to hackless (Riivilution user)
:smash::smash::rotfl::smash::smash:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Defragment your sd card.
Or, take all of the files off at once, and then put them back on.
The brstm glitch is a result of (a) low space on the sd card and adding brstms to it, or (b) data clusters on the card having trouble reading the brstm (usually the result of low space or constantly transferring files on the card.)
Either way, defragmenting solves the problem.

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Defragment your sd card.
Or, take all of the files off at once, and then put them back on.
The brstm glitch is a result of (a) low space on the sd card and adding brstms to it, or (b) data clusters on the card having trouble reading the brstm (usually the result of low space or constantly transferring files on the card.)
Either way, defragmenting solves the problem.
Are you sure about that? Because the SD Card I use is from my 3DS.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Are you sure about that? Because the SD Card I use is from my 3DS.
Are you worried you'll lose DS data? Or are you implying something else is causing the brstm glitches due to the SD coming from the DS.
Because I'm positive about what causes brstm errors. If you do not want to risk losing any data but resolve the issue, simply drag all of the files off of the card (not delete), and then put them back on all at once.

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Are you worried you'll lose DS data? Or are you implying something else is causing the brstm glitches due to the SD coming from the DS.
Because I'm positive about what causes brstm errors. If you do not want to risk losing any data but resolve the issue, simply drag all of the files off of the card (not delete), and then put them back on all at once.
Wow, it actually worked. Thanks Xermo! :)

Top Bottom