• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Britches and Hose Mafia - Game Over!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I took a deep breath, and entered warily. Notes at the ready, I prepared to embark on my latest scumhunting adventure, which would surely be the most successful to date. I even got Firefox ready, since the Chrome posting format was a piece of crap.

12. Asdioh -

The figure lurched on the floor, breath rushed back into his lungs, blood vacant of his throat.

Not again....

Eternal torment.

You followed me before, why? Wil you be applying the same rationale to this game? Thus, if I prove myself (beyond reasonable doubt) as town, will you be following me later days? I, of course, do not expect you to follow my D1 & D2, unless your reads coincide with mine.
I thought back to my play in Harry Potter mafia. The game where I had multiple personalities... yes, that's right! For I was a replacement, and upon replacing in, found the task of reading the insipid posts before my entry too much to bear. As a result, I had latched onto my strongest townread - not like a parasite, mind you, I prefer to think of it more like a symbiotic relationship - and from him I attempted to gain the wisdom I required. It had worked well, until his inevitable death, at which point I was left on my own, to die, and be brought back to life in an alter ego.

This time, I would follow the only one I could trust: myself. For now...

"However," I thought to myself, "If Swiss could get a guaranteed read on July, that might make things easier for me..."

@July it's a personal dislike, it doesn't help me at all and ironically i've begun to like RQS more than RVS, RVS just seems like it will get somewhere but it takes longer, at least in RQS you generate something worth merit.
If he liked RQS so much, where were his random questions? I thought that his prattle about disliking RVS hardly counted as such.

I will try to not look scummy, i dont think i can fight it in another way xP
I looked Felipe up and down. Here was a man who confused me when I skimmed Higurashi mafia. He seemed like he had potential, but his posts tended to make me laugh because of how confusing and unnecessary they usually were. I hoped that in this game, he would take his time to think about what he posted, and have some scumhunting intent behind every post. I hoped that, at the least, he would not make an easy mislynch, if he's town.

@everyone: talk to me about inactives, and your stance on them.

in a situation where there are no leads, are you willing to lynch an inactive or go with your gut?

this can be vice-versa.
I thought back to Awkward Moments Mafia, where I had made a post asking a very similar question early on in that game. I wondered why Soup would ask such a thing. Was he aiming for town cred, after seeing how people gave me townpoints for asking that question last game? Does he have legitimate concerns with someone possibly being inactive in this game?

My answer to his question? "I will lynch who I think would be the smartest lynch, whether it is an inactive or no."

No thanks, I think my vote contained the appropriate amount of sarcasm. Unless you are saying that without some sort of satirical statement or emoticon you can't tell the intent behind it. That is pretty indicative of a bad player, being unable to discern motivation without sarcasm to lay it out for them. I don't think you are a bad player, which is why I'm not sure why you believed that.

You think I was sheeping Sword's RvS vote?
This is where things started to get interesting for me, reading through this thread. Only page one (40ppp or gtfo) and already lashing out to defend his RVS vote? This is what I saw with my own eyes:
-Sworddancer suggested a policy lynch on Soup
-Kantrip agreed, talking about getting the "burden" out of the way
-Soup said "wtf, mate"
-Kantrip got defensive about it and later said it was a pressure vote blah blah and yet RVS or something idk

@July, adumb, Soup: Any or all of you can answer this. What were my intentions in my first post? It seems like you're all led to believe that I actually wanted to lynch Soup.
That post doesn't matter to me anymore, your reaction to Soup's post afterwards is what raised flags for me. Basically.

Vote: Kantrip

It definitely draws attention and reinforces any reasons to be wary of the player. It's not a definite scumtell but it leans in that direction. But without players like that I can't imagine the game would progress. So it's probably just you guys and your experience.
I read this quote to myself, and then realized that I had absolutely no idea why I quoted it. I pressed my hands to my temples, frustrated with myself for forgetting that the multiquote button always ends up leaving me with a bunch of quotes I need to remember my responses to. I vowed to actively respond to every individual post while typing up future catchup posts.

His conversation with swiss mostly, but his general attitude of open and aggressive play. I like it a lot.

Frankly, smashing up against swiss like that of his own volition in the early game would be a towntell for anyone. This isn't meta, this is based on his actual play, only really really confident and good scum would initiate something like that. Sokr isn't playing confident enough for that.

Sokr is town.
"Open and aggressive play" as a towntell, at least for less-experienced players, was something I agreed with. I nodded my head sagely.

However, I felt the need to warn Adum. Had he thought about the possibility of Swiss and Sokr being scummates, and Swiss telling Sokr to go against him to make him look like aggressive noobtown? I didn't want to rule that out. However, while continuing my read, I found this:

I thought how strange it would be for Sokr to unvote at such a time. If he were scummates with Swiss, I thought it more likely that he would have let his vote sit there longer, at least until that European fellow was once again awake to post in the thread and respond. I took note to myself, "Swiss/Sokr scumteam seems unlikely." I wondered if this seemed reasonable to others.

I also took note that Adum's thoughts so far seemed to line up with mine.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
1. adumbrodeus (1) RR
2. Seikend ()
3. Terywj ()
4. Sokr (1) JTB
5. Kantrip (2) adumbrodeus, Asdioh
6. Sworddancer. ()
7. JTB (1) Felipe
8. Swiss ()
9. Soupamario (1) Sworddancer
10. Felipe_9595 ()
11. July ()
12. Asdioh ()
13. Red Ryu (2) Tery, Soup

Not voting - Seikend, Sokr, Kantrip, Swiss, July,

With 13 playing, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is November 17th at 11:59 PM CST (GMT-6)!

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh hey Asdioh, there you are :bee:

I agree with what you said about a Swiss/Sokr scumteam.

Tell me, what about what I said raised flags to you? Could you point it out and explain why, please?

What I get from your interpretation is that you think Sword was seriously suggesting we policy lynch Soup. Is this correct? From there, you assume that not only was Sword suggesting a quick lynch on Soup, but I was agreeing with it.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Stop posting i can't control my OCD.

@Asdioh, it was only an opinion, i stated that i was starting to like it but nowhere where i said i was going to use it, i assumed swiss would do this for me, and lo and behold he did.

I honestly think Kantrip is town.

holy ****, shocker.

his reasoning makes sense, you could call it defensive or you can look at it in another way, his intent matches up with his claims, it did seem like a pressure vote and his followed up posts also seemed to be on that same subject, it didn't feel defensive to me at all.

i disagree on your Swiss/Sokr right now, i think Sokr just unvoted because he had second-thoughts, i don't think it's more complicated than it needs to be.

Asdioh being obv-town again.jpg

#HBC | ѕoup

Also the inactive question was just because we have known lurkers in this game and the AM squad is here and i don't want to see a repeat of that.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Soupa I would've preferred if you didn't post that until after I could hear what Asdioh's response was. I disagree with "obv-town" lol.

I still want the response though, Asdy.

Don't worry about inactivity this time, Soup. I think we'll be okay.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
What I get from your interpretation is that you think Sword was seriously suggesting we policy lynch Soup. Is this correct? From there, you assume that not only was Sword suggesting a quick lynch on Soup, but I was agreeing with it.
I didn't know for sure if either Sword or Kantrip were serious, but I did know that I personally
would find quicklynching Soup hilarious.

Tell me, what about what I said raised flags to you? Could you point it out and explain why, please?
I obliged.

No thanks, I think my vote contained the appropriate amount of sarcasm. Unless you are saying that without some sort of satirical statement or emoticon you can't tell the intent behind it. That is pretty indicative of a bad player, being unable to discern motivation without sarcasm to lay it out for them. I don't think you are a bad player, which is why I'm not sure why you believed that.

You think I was sheeping Sword's RvS vote?
"This entire post reeks of defensiveness" were my immediate thoughts.

"The bolded," I explained, "is an example of you attacking Soup's play, while the underlined is an attempt to make yourself seem more understanding in his eyes, while still retaining your vote on him. Regardless, none of this seems like it will help you get a read on him."

Kantrip

Kantplay
Okay I see. However how can that be defensiveness if I posted that before I was even under scrutiny or being pressured? Logically that post can't be what you claim to read from it. I've already explained my intention was to pressure Soup, and I believe that post is in line with my intentions.

Asdioh, you should read posts at more than face value. What I'm hearing is you're looking at the words of that post and thinking "those sounds harsh and defensive" without reading into why they are being said.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
However, I felt the need to warn Adum. Had he thought about the possibility of Swiss and Sokr being scummates, and Swiss telling Sokr to go against him to make him look like aggressive noobtown? I didn't want to rule that out. However, while continuing my read, I found this:
The thing with this is that even if he was scum with swiss, he'd still have to take center stage to do it. That's a very risky position for scum early in the game and not even the inclination of noob players.

Yea, I just don't see it. I can only think of one situation that would make sense given his displayed skill, and it's ridiculously unlikely.

But no, the unvote is a null-tell. If he were a stronger player atm, the unvote would be a scum-tell, but right now it's just null.

@July, adumb, Soup: Any or all of you can answer this. What were my intentions in my first post? It seems like you're all led to believe that I actually wanted to lynch Soup.
Because your justification makes no sense whatsoever.

RVS was over, we know that you read the thread because you referenced swords' post, so you would know this.

Furthermore your post didn't contain even a hint of joviality or sarcasm.

Basically, your attempt to get out of responsibility for your vote was scummy as hell.

#HBC | ѕoup

But the post wasn't meant to be an RVS vote, Kantrip stated that he used it as a means for pressure, regardless of the sword vote or not.

it even confirms it more by him asking me that question if i thought he was sheeping sword.

i need to stop answering for people, my god

Kantrip

Kantplay
I think I have the definition of RVS wrong then, because we still seemed to be in it when I posted. I thought pressure votes and RVS went hand-in-hand. Like, the point of RVS is to get reads based off of your random votes, not just to throw out random votes for no reason. Right?

Hmm, adum is a lot more violent than in the newbie game. It's something I'm probably going to look at.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Basically, your attempt to get out of responsibility for your vote was scummy as hell.
"Indeed!" I thought. "I knew somebody would be able to explain it so simply, as I was having trouble putting it into words."

i need to stop answering for people, my god
I sighed in agreement. I pointed to my eyes, then to Soup, and then gestured in the direction of the Scum Cell, which was currently only holding Kantrip. "I'm watching you."

However, I knew that as usual, I would have no definite read on Soup until later in the game. I wouldn't worry much about him for now. Hopefully he won't replace out.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Asdioh I don't think this writing style is working. Leave the poetic third person to Swiss.

Also, I was never trying to get out of any responsibility for my vote. Why are you still questioning me about it when others continue to throw out votes without reasoning? It seems like RVS has carried on despite you telling me it was over before I posted, adumb.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Also, I was never trying to get out of any responsibility for my vote. Why are you still questioning me about it when others continue to throw out votes without reasoning? It seems like RVS has carried on despite you telling me it was over before I posted, adumb.
We were not throwing out random votes any more, the closest to that was felipe's 18, and even he had a number of serious posts.

Just because 2 people posted votes without providing in the exact same post as their vote doesn't make the votes random. We've been in the stage of serious discussion and calculated votes for a long time.

Yeah, I don't buy that.

Though thanks for reminding me.

Vote: Red Ryu

Out for the night.
Explain. Now.

Kantrip

Kantplay
You just thought to ask that now? :glare:

Here are some votes that occurred after Swiss "torpedoed RVS":

Ok this finally started :D

Oh and lol swiss, you are right, i always look scummy, even as town :/

Vote:JTB
@ Kantrip

I'm not saying it indicates anything, just that it's a tactic that'll be good to watch.

Vote: Swiss
thisguy.jpg

You hardly know me, Swiss. I've done way more than "play in Mafia and host a roleplay" at the same time. Maybe if the quantity was multiplied tenfold, then I'd have some problems.

That said however, I can only be as active as my awful campus Internet allows.

Out for the night.

I don't know why you decided to question only me. Was it because my vote was the most suspicious or something? Or are you being selective?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
You just thought to ask that now? :glare:

Here are some votes that occurred after Swiss "torpedoed RVS":

I don't know why you decided to question only me. Was it because my vote was the most suspicious or something? Or are you being selective?

Mentioned Felipe already, he already had multiple serious posts after that vote.

I'm slipping, totally forgot about Tery's vote. I presume it was serious, he commented on Swiss' wall'o'text. He should explain it too.

Soup's vote wasn't random, he was engaging in serious discussion prior to it, and I have a fair idea what the purpose was.

Are you seriously trying to say that Sokr's vote was RVS? He already said that he was uncomfortable with the slot and explained why. Grasping at straw's man.

So, at most, 2 random votes, one of which was made by a slot that immediately got serious afterwards.

You're telling me you legitimately thought that this meant it was still RVS in spite of this? That while your post didn't even have a hint of sarcasm or joviality it was intended as RVS? Get serious.

As for why I wasn't as interested as the two RR voters, well I did ask for an explanation from both, but yours was a lot more interesting because your 38 clued me into the fact that you were trying to pass off what was obviously not an RVS vote as an RVS, while being evasive about it.

The others, I think I know why they voted RR, and it's the reasoning is null at worst. Still good to know just in case.

Tery why did you vote RR?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Mentioned Felipe already, he already had multiple serious posts after that vote.
This is irrelevant to the fact that the vote had little to no reasoning displayed behind it.

I'm slipping, totally forgot about Tery's vote. I presume it was serious, he commented on Swiss' wall'o'text. He should explain it too.
Forgot that it happened or forgot to address it?

Soup's vote wasn't random, he was engaging in serious discussion prior to it, and I have a fair idea what the purpose was.
How does engaging in serious discussion have anything to do with the thought process behind an unrelated vote?

Are you seriously trying to say that Sokr's vote was RVS? He already said that he was uncomfortable with the slot and explained why. Grasping at straw's man.
No, I'm not. If you read my post, it says "here are some posts that happen after Swiss 'torpedoed RVS'". I'm not claiming that those votes are random, but I am claiming that they were posted without reasoning alongside them. So was my vote, and yet I was the only one you questioned.

So, at most, 2 random votes, one of which was made by a slot that immediately got serious afterwards.
Again, how does getting serious after your vote have anything to do with the thought process behind the vote itself. Can RVS votes not have a purpose behind them? I consider my vote on Soup part of the Random Voting Stage, but I don't consider it a random vote. It certainly served a purpose that I have already explained.

You're telling me you legitimately thought that this meant it was still RVS in spite of this? That while your post didn't even have a hint of sarcasm or joviality it was intended as RVS? Get serious.
Again, I think there's a discrepancy in our definition of RVS. Could you tell me what constitutes an RVS vote?

As for why I wasn't as interested as the two RR voters, well I did ask for an explanation from both, but yours was a lot more interesting because your 38 clued me into the fact that you were trying to pass off what was obviously not an RVS vote as an RVS, while being evasive about it.
So you weren't interested in the two RR voters? I don't understand your thought process. I wasn't trying to "pass" my vote off as anything. You're reaching, adumb. And I don't know what for.

The others, I think I know why they voted RR, and it's the reasoning is null at worst. Still good to know just in case.
So you think you know why Soup voted when he did, you know why Sokr voted, and you know why the RR voters voted, and yet you couldn't clue in to the very basic fact that I was voting for pressure?

And now you ask.

Vote: adumbrodeus

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
13. Red Ryu - If RVS is so useful, why are you not using it? Do you agree that to comment on RVS' usefulness (which many disagree with) then do nothing with this 'abundance' of information is setting you up to be an early wagon? Is your tactic to act scummy and see who jumps on you too eagerly? It is imperative you answer this last question honestly.
I would have, though at this point it's pretty much over with.

I did post some kinda worthless things, though I learned that Adumb glanced over my vote. I took note of this that he paid no mind to this.

I don't know what info there is when people, like Adumb said, moved out of RvS at this point. No one is being more "fun and free" as they would have been.

It is not my tactic to act scummy and to get people to jump on me to see who jumps on actively. I had no intention of doing this as a gambit of any sort.

@Tery & Soup: Why the votes? I want legit reason.

@Kantrip: So before you were voting for reactions and pressure, what did you gain from it?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So far I like Swiss, his questions seem legit and like they have good intent behind them. Soup on his own seems like he's trying really hard not to play like he usually does. The interactions with Swiss don't seem genuine to me, but I honestly can't tell if its Soup trying to challenge the biggest name in the game to establish himself or if its just this new playstyle. I want to see Soup's interactions with other people; honestly his answer to my question seemed much more genuine than his interactions with Swiss, so that leaves Soup as null and Swiss leaning town.
I'm interested here.

Do you know of Soup's scum play and how it plays? If not, then since you take it as a null tell if anyone else was doing it would it still be a null tell?

felipe_9595

Smash Lord

HAHAhahahaha Best joke i have heard xD

Asdioh, in higurashi,, when i noticed my gambit failed, i started to laught at my own post and post **** all over the place xD

===================

Okay, first thought so far, Kantrip is being way too defensive, just check his last post. Adum was questioning him, and kantrip inmediately swaped from RR to adum. Dat OMGUS

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
Kantrip definitely seems to be acting way to defensively, even for a the victim of some poorly executed plans. I know Kantrip personally and something smells scummy with his gameplay currently.

Also, JTB: What are your thoughts on all this? So far you've just voted against me and asked a inconsequential question. Anything interesting you've noticed?

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Oh Yeah, forgot to Vote

Unvote

Vote: kantrip

I hope nobody comes out with an argument of me shipping, because i already gave my argument, before anyone else.

Also, my vote on JTB was a random xD

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Red Ryu, I mentioned that I wanted you to talk. And I was serious.

I can agree with that Kantrip is looking too flustered and is responding as such. Doesn't look like town Kantrip to me right now.

Kantrip

Kantplay
@Kantrip: So before you were voting for reactions and pressure, what did you gain from it?
I believe I mentioned this, but I got a town read on Soupa and I'm confused at Asdioh and adumb. Adumb started looking more scummy now with his backtracking with regards to all the other votes, though it's nothing but a slight lean.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm so confused. I pressure Soupa and everyone thinks I want him to be policy lynched. I defend my intent and everyone thinks I'm being flustered and too defensive.

Felipe, you did not come up with a case against me before anyone else. Not only that, but the "case" you did present was horrible. All you did was restated what others had said in point form and made up some bull**** about me being on RR.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Alright, I'm interested to see who's reasoning holds up.

Kantrip definitely seems to be acting way to defensively, even for a the victim of some poorly executed plans. I know Kantrip personally and something smells scummy with his gameplay currently.

Also, JTB: What are your thoughts on all this? So far you've just voted against me and asked a inconsequential question. Anything interesting you've noticed?
Explain what you mean by "poorly executed plans." Also explain what about the real-life meta you have on my relates to this game and what you're getting from it. Could you tell me what exactly smells scummy with my gameplay?

Oh Yeah, forgot to Vote

Unvote

Vote: kantrip

I hope nobody comes out with an argument of me shipping, because i already gave my argument, before anyone else.

Also, my vote on JTB was a random xD
First of all, your JTB vote was random, yes?

@adumb, now that you know felipe's vote didn't mean what you thought it mean, what is your opinion of felipe and his vote on JTB?

Anyways, felipe: I've already covered why your "argument" was bad. Could you try to go in more detail and point out at least one specific example of what you mean?

Red Ryu, I mentioned that I wanted you to talk. And I was serious.

I can agree with that Kantrip is looking too flustered and is responding as such. Doesn't look like town Kantrip to me right now.
What is town Kantrip and how does this differ?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Hey Swiss, I'm nobody. Yet. I have yet to establish a name for myself so even I don't know who I am when it comes to this. My first impressions are that you have the potential to either be the biggest threat in this game or someone to follow warily. You're bold statements that you've already made and I'm sure you'll make in the future are almost sure to produce a slip up from someone caving under the stress. I can already see I'll have fun watching your gameplay and trying to read you.
Sokr is interesting.

So Sokr what experience, exactly, do you have?

Skimmed the thread this morning before the gym, but am at work now and will comment this evening GMT.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
This is irrelevant to the fact that the vote had little to no reasoning displayed behind it.
I was actually agreeing with you that it was for all intents and purposes an RVS vote.

Forgot that it happened or forgot to address it?

How does engaging in serious discussion have anything to do with the thought process behind an unrelated vote?

No, I'm not. If you read my post, it says "here are some posts that happen after Swiss 'torpedoed RVS'". I'm not claiming that those votes are random, but I am claiming that they were posted without reasoning alongside them. So was my vote, and yet I was the only one you questioned.

Again, how does getting serious after your vote have anything to do with the thought process behind the vote itself. Can RVS votes not have a purpose behind them? I consider my vote on Soup part of the Random Voting Stage, but I don't consider it a random vote. It certainly served a purpose that I have already explained.

Again, I think there's a discrepancy in our definition of RVS. Could you tell me what constitutes an RVS vote?

So you weren't interested in the two RR voters? I don't understand your thought process. I wasn't trying to "pass" my vote off as anything. You're reaching, adumb. And I don't know what for.

So you think you know why Soup voted when he did, you know why Sokr voted, and you know why the RR voters voted, and yet you couldn't clue in to the very basic fact that I was voting for pressure?

And now you ask.

Vote: adumbrodeus
Actually it was the fact that your vote had the reasoning to make it a serious vote that made it interesting, I could've believed that you decided to toss what amounted to an RVS vote late, you're new enough to potentially make that error. What I can't believe is that it'd both be phrased as a serious vote and be well after RVS, and still be intended as an RVS vote.

Yes, RVS votes and posts can and do have a purpose, but in order to work they have to be off the cuff. You've done this in RVS before, why not this game?

Actually, think I'll ask RR about RVS theory, because I'm interested in whether he actually understands the phase.

And yes, I do think I know why you voted. You made it quite obvious in your post. A "lets policy lynch soup" post, while meh, isn't as horribly scummy as your attempt to back out of it was. That's why it wasn't so much your initial post that drew my attention as your 38.

I would have, though at this point it's pretty much over with.

I did post some kinda worthless things, though I learned that Adumb glanced over my vote. I took note of this that he paid no mind to this.

I don't know what info there is when people, like Adumb said, moved out of RvS at this point. No one is being more "fun and free" as they would have been.

It is not my tactic to act scummy and to get people to jump on me to see who jumps on actively. I had no intention of doing this as a gambit of any sort.
What does RVS tell you about people and why?

Kantrip

Kantplay
I was never trying to back out of a Soup policy lynch, because a Soup policy lynch was never an option to need backing out of. I considered my vote an RVS vote and I think you said you don't disagree with my reasoning there. That said, I wasn't just going to throw it out for no reason. I don't think that's the point of RVS.

Eh, we can probably move on from this. We're just repeating ourselves at this point.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I was never trying to back out of a Soup policy lynch, because a Soup policy lynch was never an option to need backing out of. I considered my vote an RVS vote and I think you said you don't disagree with my reasoning there. That said, I wasn't just going to throw it out for no reason. I don't think that's the point of RVS.

Eh, we can probably move on from this. We're just repeating ourselves at this point.
Where?

Your play reeks, the OMGUS without actually attempting to explain why you think the case is scummy, the flailing, the attempt to back out of a mostly inconsequential vote under the least pressure. Yeah, you can die.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Actually I mis-read the first line of your #112. So I suppose you're not agreeing that my vote was RVS then. I still don't know what you think my intent was in that case. The reason I find you scummy right now is for your tunneling on me while basically ignoring every other player who did the same thing you questioned me for. I mean, that on its own is fine. What I didn't like is that when I brought it to your attention that that is what you were doing you acted like you forgot to ask questions of those people as well.

July

Smash Apprentice
I honestly didn't know what your intentions were. When you said that you were in support of just getting Soup out of the way and put your vote on him, the game seemed like we were moving out of RVS and your vote could have gone either way. What I've had an issue with is much less the original post itself, but when someone Adum brought it up you got very defensive about it and your intentions weren't made clear (that it was a pressure vote) until well into that conversation.

Also now that Kantrip v. Adum progressed a bit, I liked Adum's push on Kantrip, I think that he asked the right questions and pressured him on a legit inconsistency with his early play and followed up well from there.

@July: Like you, I've got a null on Soup. It's been a while since I've played with him, so it's either a guise or a new playstyle--of which I cannot determine between thus far into the game, and in both cases, I'll have to wait to see how it will play out. Soupa vs. Kantrip should provide something noteworthy, I hope.
Kk, what do you think of the recent developments in Soup v. Kantrip (both claiming a town read on the other)?

The intention was to be an RVS post that would apply pressure to you. I wanted to see how you would react when I said what I said (I agree with Sword let's lynch Soup). My expected result was not what happened, which is why I questioned further. I did not expect you to think I was serious, never mind have three people question me on it. Considering that though, I want to write it off as badly executed on my part. I mean, if three different people question my intentions with a RVS post that should be pretty basic....
The thing is that if you still thought it was an RVS post, what made you think that Soup would even respond or take it seriously? RVS votes don't really act to apply pressure because they are random, so if you were trying to couple RVS and a pressure vote, the your intentions weren't clear.

I'm interested here.

Do you know of Soup's scum play and how it plays? If not, then since you take it as a null tell if anyone else was doing it would it still be a null tell?
Yes, I saw his scum play before he replaced out of Harry Potter Mafia, and it was pretty composed and...rational I guess would be a good word for it, but that was all when he wasn't under pressure (or pressure that wasn't from his scummates). His playstyle was also very different in Awkward Moments Mafia where he was town, and there it seemed like he was purely trying out a new playstyle with no ulterior motive.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
The reason I find you scummy right now is for your tunneling on me while basically ignoring every other player who did the same thing you questioned me for. I mean, that on its own is fine. What I didn't like is that when I brought it to your attention that that is what you were doing you acted like you forgot to ask questions of those people as well.
This kid.

Kantrip, mafia is a game about intent, I'm not attacking you because you made an unsupported vote. I'm attacking you because of the intent I read behind why you're trying to have it classified as an RVS vote. That's not remotely similar to tossing a vote with no support in like soup and tery did.

Still, their votes deserved to be questioned, but my mind was otherwise occupied. This is a substantial scumtell, why?

You still haven't shown me how I was "backing out" of anything.
I've shown that your vote did not read like an RVS vote and that it was well after RVS had passed. Given that you've played in RVS before, you should know the tenor of the phase. This shows that getting your vote classified as RVS was a weak attempt to back out of your soup vote (in other words, duck responsibility for it).

Yea, I have.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Uh so you're saying this all stems from me saying I considered my vote to be RVS?

Alright then, I take full responsibility for that, because what I considered to be RVS seems to be different than what is commonly accepted.

The fact that I chose Soup was pretty random. I could have chosen anyone for my vote. I didn't want to just vote, though. In fact, I tend not to just throw out a vote in RVS. Rather, I will throw out a vote along with some sort of provocative statement in order to actually get something out of it. I chose Soup randomly. However, I made the statement agreeing with Sword's suggestion to policy lynch him in order to have something there that Soup could respond to. With response comes the ability to read him. This is literally all I wanted.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Not buying it. Given your evasiveness about it's status early on and it's location and it's tenor, it does not read RVS at all. That's post-RVS post theory, and for your different interpretation of RVS.

Vote: Radical Fiction

hydra, eh? Come at me bro.
I think this says everything just fine.

Top Bottom