• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bring them back to glory!

DDDchu

Smash Cadet
NNID
DDDchu96
3DS FC
4098-2457-6801
Any games that died off horribly or just died off in general that you want back in action? Personally I would love a new Earthworm Jim game, because the series ended really REALLY bad *cough* Earthworm Jim 3D *cough*

But yeah, maybe bring back some Metroid Fusion styled game for the 3DS.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
F-Zero and Metroid definitely deserve reboots.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I would say Castlevania. Having one done Souls style by From Software would be pretty awesome.

Booster

Smash Lord
Metroid, F-Zero and Banjo and Kazooie could use reboots and DON'T let Microsoft Rareware make the new Banjo and Kazooie, oh for the love of all that is holy don't let Microsoft Rareware make it.

finalark

SNORLAX
I would say Castlevania. Having one done Souls style by From Software would be pretty awesome.
Castlevania has been going downhill ever since Lords of Shadow. I would have excused it as just another mediocre, forgettable 3D Castlevania. But then Konami decided that they needed to run with it and unfortunately contaminated the handheld series with its beat 'em up game play, which is horribly awkward in 2D.

Give me another RPG or a Souls-style game and I'll be happy. I just hope Konami doesn't make another Lords of Shadow game.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Castlevania has been going downhill ever since Lords of Shadow. I would have excused it as just another mediocre, forgettable 3D Castlevania. But then Konami decided that they needed to run with it and unfortunately contaminated the handheld series with its beat 'em up game play, which is horribly awkward in 2D.

Give me another RPG or a Souls-style game and I'll be happy. I just hope Konami doesn't make another Lords of Shadow game.
I'm curious where Castlevania will go now if it hasn't died. Iga has left Konami, and I doubt they have faith or momentum for the 2D style. I'm not sure if Lords of Shadow did well, and Konami's focusing on MGS and Silent Hill for now.

But yeah, with the artstyle and some of the gameplay of Souls, I feel like that's what Castlevania would've been when jumping to 3D.

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm curious where Castlevania will go now if it hasn't died. Iga has left Konami, and I doubt they have faith or momentum for the 2D style. I'm not sure if Lords of Shadow did well, and Konami's focusing on MGS and Silent Hill for now.
The first game sold a million copies. I couldn't find the sales figures for the sequels but it seems like, as you said, Konami is focusing on other things now. Which is unsurprising given the mix to negative reception of the sequels.

But yeah, with the artstyle and some of the gameplay of Souls, I feel like that's what Castlevania would've been when jumping to 3D.
I wish Konami had thought of that. I feel like the series tried too hard to emulate Zelda with the N64 titles and then awkwardly tried to fit the 2D game play from the RPGs into 3D while doing very little to accommodate the format. I'd be okay with them putting the series to rest for the time being. No Castlevania at all is better than consistently medicore Castlevania.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
We do have Silent Hills coming!

... I really need to finish 2, but school is killing me.
Do it when you can! So worth it.

And yeah, I'm tentatively excited for Silent Hills, judging from PT and some trailers that have been floating around. I just don't have a lot of faith in Konami, and I'm not sure if Kojima is the best person for the job. I guess we'll see!

I really miss the old Castlevania games. I didn't play Lords of Shadow, but it just didn't look that interesting to me. :(

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Golden Sun because we need an explanation to everything that happened at the end of Dark Dawn.

And Megaman...who knows when we'll ever see the blue bomber in action again (Other than Smash)

ELRACj

Smash Cadet
NNID
ELRACjXL
3DS FC
2809-9153-3892
Let's bring back minesweeper and pinball back for Microsoft. Please! With all of the support from Smash Boards, we can make this happen. HAVE FAITH and start flagging all those mines while you are sucking at pinball. As a team we can make major companies like Bill Gates make our games.

D

Deleted member

I'm in the probable minority that actually liked the first Lords of Shadow, but I do agree that the game and its sequels could have been handled differently.

As for the sequels/reboots that I would like to see happen:
  • As mentioned already, Dark Souls-style Castlevania*
  • Crash Bandicoot*
  • Darkstalkers*
  • F-Zero
  • Jak and Daxter
  • Mega Man Legends 3*
  • 2D Metroid
  • A third Spyro reboot that's not a blatant cash grab like Skylanders*
* = will probably never happen

Last edited by a moderator:

Twewy

Smash Lord
Don't get me wrong, I love Souls, but I think it's time From made a new kind of game.

My personal pick? You think it'd be TWEWY, but it's actually Star Wars: Rogue Squadron.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
- F-Zero
- Battlefront (I know there is another game announced, but that's happened multiple times now and each has ended in a heartbreak)
- Chibi-Robo (there have been no good ones since the original on the GC)
- Star Fox
- Freelancer 2 (8 years hasn't cushioned the blow of Microsoft cutting of Digital Anvil)
- Banjo-Three-ee (But that's never going to happen because Nuts & Bolts)
- Glover 2 (Yes, I actually liked the original)
- Kirby Air Ride
- Pokemon Colosseum / XD (Miss the console Pokemon adventures)
- Pokemon Stadium 3 (Miss playing portable Pokemon games on my TV)
- Jak & Daxter
- A new console WipEout
- A new Insomniac Spyro
- Neverwinter Nights 3
- Baldur's Gate 3
- Legend of Dragoon 2
- Super Monkey Ball
- A soul successor to Lost in Shadow (The game doesn't need a sequel, but it was a really cool idea for a game and I'd like for someone else to take a crack at it. Hudson won't be using it anytime soon... RIP Hudson...)

That being said, I kinda wish that all of these don't come out at the same time. My wallet is only so big.

Last edited:

SilentBob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SgtFirestarter
3DS FC
1435-4126-3817
Metroid, F-Zero and Banjo and Kazooie could use reboots and DON'T let Microsoft Rareware make the new Banjo and Kazooie, oh for the love of all that is holy don't let Microsoft Rareware make it.
Won't happen for Banjo-Kazooie. The only reason why Rare games used to be good was because of Nintendo. Nintendo wouldn't allow first and second party games to be released onto their system without their final approval. Nintendo made damn sure the games were good before they were released and if that required delays then delayed it shall be. This is true even today. This isn't only for Rare but also for many other companies such as Silicon Knights. Once they stepped away from Nintendo all of their games turned to **** because none of them aimed for perfection and their only goal was to get that sale money as fast as possible.

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Won't happen for Banjo-Kazooie. The only reason why Rare games used to be good was because of Nintendo. Nintendo wouldn't allow first and second party games to be released onto their system without their final approval. Nintendo made damn sure the games were good before they were released and if that required delays then delayed it shall be. This is true even today. This isn't only for Rare but also for many other companies such as Silicon Knights. Once they stepped away from Nintendo all of their games turned to **** because none of them aimed for perfection and their only goal was to get that sale money as fast as possible.
Let also not forget that Rare is now a Kinect Only company making ****ty motion sport games.

HyrulesLegend

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheHyrulesLegend
3DS FC
4253-4618-9274
Can we get a TRUE chrono trigger sequel? Please..? No..? Ugh.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
Custom Robo, Metriod, F-Zero, Kirby Air Ride, Golden Sun, and Megaman (specifically a ZX3). I would include Star Fox,but Miyamoto is working on one for the Wii U.

ToxicWolf1132

Smash Cadet
NNID
ToxicWolf1132
I'd like another Kid Icarus. Uprising was sooooooooo good. I would LOOOOOOOOVE a 3rd dangan ronpa, and no, as good as it was, I don't count Another Episode. Finally, I would want a 3rd Sonic Adventure. But only if they don't mess it up, and they don't have it switch to a 2D platformer (I hated how the 3D portions of generations were basically just like 30 seconds of 3D platformer before it switches over to the 2D original sonic style. THEY DONT WORK WELL TOGETHER!!)

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
Heck, I just want another 2d Castlevania
We got one of those recently. It was awful.

I don't know why Konami decided that the RPGs suddenly needed to go. As far as I know, the GBA and DS titles in particular are usually well liked. Even if they felt like they had done everything possible with the RPGs I don't know why the felt the need to shove the generic beat 'em up game play of LoS down everyone's throats. I would have been fine with it if they just kept it on consoles but they felt the need to contaminate the 2D games too.

And yes, I am very salty about that.

D

Deleted member

We got one of those recently. It was awful.

I don't know why Konami decided that the RPGs suddenly needed to go. As far as I know, the GBA and DS titles in particular are usually well liked.
Last time I checked, the sales didn't reflect that, which caused Konami to go the Lords of Shadow route. Now that the LoS saga is over, the future of the Castlevania franchise is unknown.

Speaking of Castlevania, back to the thread topic, I would like Konami to develop a new Metroidvania-style Castlevania game, but I wouldn't mind another beat-'em-up either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Facading

Smash Apprentice
Pokemon puzzle league had a good thing going on the N64 I wish they never abandoned. If they made a sequel for it now the things they could with the online play.........

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
-A 2D Sonic game that actually plays like the classics & not like Sonic 4.
-A new Spyro 3D platformer that isn't Skylanders.
-Klonoa
-Banjo Kazooie
-Mega Man
-Another Super Monkey Ball game that's like the first two games.
-The Legendary Starfy
-Okami

Top Bottom