• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bring Back Philly, Round 4! - September 18th, 2013 - Glenside, PA

MorningThunder

Smash Apprentice
BRING BACK PHILLY

All fees have been reduced!

This is mostly a copy/paste from the last tournament. Anything in this thread is subject to change if it allows for a better turnout.

111 S. Easton Rd.
Glenside, PA 19038

The Philadelphia area never seems to have any regular tournaments; so lets try and keep this thing going! The venue owner really wants to start running regular SSBM tournaments, and if you want the same, then we need you to show interest.

Setups:

The venue owner has boxes full of Gamecubes and Wii's, and around 3-6 Tube TV's along with 1 that I can bring. So we really need copies of Melee with memory cards and some more TV's. I know you guys can pull through with this, the more setups we can get the better!

Travel Info:

There's a Municipal parking lot right around the corner on Bickley Rd, which is the street behind the building.

For anyone that wants to take the subway/train, the venue is right across the street from the Glenside Train Station.

Date:

June 23, 2013

Price:

Venue fee: $5
Singles: $10
Doubles: $20 ($10 per person)

Schedule:

Setup and Friendlies - (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM)
Registration - (1:00 PM - 1:30 PM)
Doubles Start ~ (1:30 PM)
Singles registration closes and Singles Pools Start ~ (3:00 PM)
We finish when we can, but preferably earlier than 9:00 PM.

Payouts:

Note: Just like last time, the shop owner has offered to throw in some extra prizes as a way to kickstart this into potential monthlies.

Singles

Under 10 Entrants
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%
MorningThunder cries himself to sleep that no one showed up

10-19 Entrants
1st Place: 50%
2nd Place: 25%
3rd Place: 15%
4th Place: 10%

20+ Entrants
1st Place: 45%
2nd Place: 25%
4th Place: 10%
5th Place: 5%

Doubles

8-10 teams
1st Place: 55%
2nd Place: 30%

10+ teams
1st place: 50%
2nd place: 25%
3rd place: 15%
4th place: 10%

Rules:

Official Melee Ruleset 2012
Jungle Japes is banned
Wobbling is permitted up to 300%
All known freeze glitches are banned
Pools are Best 2/3
Bracket is all Best 2/3 until semis which is Best 3/5
There will be an Amateur Bracket for entrants that lose in pools or the first round, and there will be a prize given to the winner of this bracket.

Extra Notes:

From here I'm still tossing some ideas around. I'd like to throw in some extra counterpick stages and I'm open for input. Also, tell me if you guys need anymore information and I'll try to keep updating accordingly.

WE ARE RUNNING PROJECT M!

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I appreciate that! We'd love to see if you can make it over there - the more, the merrier. I'd love to advertise your tournament once you do settle on another date.

MorningThunder

Smash Apprentice
IMPORTANT NOTICE!

I did not realize that so many people from our area would be showing interest in Carrolfest, and due to this I believe that it is too much in conflict with the tournament so I have decided to change the date to August 18th, 2013.

I greatly apologize to anyone that have changed their plans for this event.

shuall

Smash Apprentice
Alright, tournament I don't need to drive to. I'm definitely going to this.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I'll be there.

nvm, they put me on schedule this day >_>

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice
Are there any events besides melee singles and doubles this time? No Project M will probably lead to more doubles entrants.

shuall

Smash Apprentice
I can bring melee and a memcard, maybe a friend. At least, I think they're a friend. Though that is a big maybe...

shuall

Smash Apprentice
Had an awesome time. Got better in a couple hours playing against you guys than I did in a couple months playing with friends (MUST STOP ROLLING). I'll have to see if there's any more players around where I live.

D

Deleted member

1st - NBR | Slug

Last edited by a moderator:

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice
Singles - 18 entrants
1. M2K - $90
2. Vorosh - $45*
3. Metal Reaper -$27*
4. Velocity - $18
5. Stango
6. Nimbus (MorningThunder mistakenly had Stango and Nimbus play out this match, if we'd had more people this would have been important)

Doubles - 5.5 entrants
1. Meow2King (M2K and BloodPeach) - $35
2. Carrot Peel (Vorosh and Metal Reaper) - $20
3. Talentless Hacks (Stango and Nimbus)
4. Level 9 Luigi (MorningThunder and a Level 9 Luigi)
5. Hot Mashed Potatoes on Your Arm (Distortion and WeeGNation)**
5. Team Team (Joey and Shua, didn't catch their gamer tags)

*Metal Reaper and Vorosh split most of 2nd/3rd, and LF was played for a HYPE $2 money match, resulting in actual payouts of 37 to Vorosh and 35 to Metal Reaper
**I don't remember the actual team name.

Groose

Smash Champion
The next round is on the September 18? Or is the date subject to be changed? It is a Wednesday.

I'm definitely interested, and I could probably get another player or two.

MorningThunder

Smash Apprentice
The next round is on the September 18? Or is the date subject to be changed? It is a Wednesday.

I'm definitely interested, and I could probably get another player or two.

IMPORTANT NOTICE !!!!!!!!

THIS DATE IS WRONG DO NOT SHOW UP IT IS AN ERROR ON MY END.

I originally had the date set to recurring every month but wanted to change it. However I was unable to access smashboards due to poor internet on my end doubled with the ddos attack. Please tell as many people as you can in order to prevent anyone from accidentally showing up.

Groose

Smash Champion
IMPORTANT NOTICE !!!!!!!!

THIS DATE IS WRONG DO NOT SHOW UP IT IS AN ERROR ON MY END.

I originally had the date set to recurring every month but wanted to change it. However I was unable to access smashboards due to poor internet on my end doubled with the ddos attack. Please tell as many people as you can in order to prevent anyone from accidentally showing up.

I had assumed as much anyway; it's a bit unusual to have a smash tournament on the middle of the day on a Wednesday. Couple that with the DDoS messing up the organization, and things really seemed off.

Do you have any information on when the next tournament will be? I'll make time to join.

MorningThunder

Smash Apprentice
I'm working on a new date however I will have to find someone to run the event for me because I am at school right now.

Top Bottom