• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brelee / Mawl

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
Who finds the following idea interesting?

Modify the characters of one game's engine to play as close as it possibly can to their respective physics in the other game, and pit them against their regular version in said game. So essentially, you could literally pit Melee Sheik versus Brawl Sheik.
Yeah, the physics differences make it obvious who would win these matches, but wouldn't it make for interesting watch?

Unfortunately, that's neither easy to pull off nor realistic enough to even think about. It's just a thought, a fantasy even, and I'm wasting your time. Stop reading this post.

But think about it. Thoughts?

Last edited:

SAUS

Smash Ace
Haha I have thought about this. I'm actually curious about how melee characters would do against metaknight.

IndianapolisCentralGaming

Banned via Warnings
Your vague explamle of comparison fails to explain it's self.

I'm just saying brawl vs melee falco would be semi boring cause brawl falco would run the projectile game so hard and look for grabs melee falco would eat brawl falco alive if he gets in but would likly miss his normal 0% death but would still rock punish to a degree. Idk what the problem with this is?

What ifs without any thoughts of the answer is mad boring

SAUS

Smash Ace
Who would get which engine's hit-stun? Do melee characters get melee hit-stunned or do they apply melee hit-stun on other characters? It can't be both because then they'd force the opponent to play melee with their brawl character.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Your vague explamle of comparison fails to explain it's self.
If each character had their mechanics of their respective, melee moves suddenly aren't safe on shield because you can drop shield faster.

Melee has to wait longer to drop shield so suddenly done brawl moves are safe in shield.

Brawl Peach could probably Fair to Grab guaranteed.

Melee would lose a lot of advantages in that respect.

IndianapolisCentralGaming

Banned via Warnings
That's way to funny brawl falco would be calling all the shots in the neutral game xD yeah movement is amazing in melee but two lasers in the face are two lasers in the face as far as movement goes

Ezzee

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, the Brawl characters would probably win because of the games stupidly low hitstun, meaning the Melee character's can't combo.

Top Bottom