• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bread 'n' Butter combos for fox?

tiemur

Smash Cadet
Hey guys and gals!, I'm a relatively new fox player and I know that up throw up air is one of fox's bread and butter combos however, I was wondering if he has any others.

I know how to: Shine Spike, SHFFLNair, Drill Shine,Wave dash, Boost Grab, shorthop lasers, waveland.

I'm a bit iffy on: Waveshining and jumping canceling shine, also I know how to dacus but I mess up the timing

I don't know: Multishine.

They don't have to be exactly bread and butter combos, but I still need options other than shine spiking (which for some reason I miss) and up throw up air.

Thanks, tiemur

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Just a few things you didn't list
shi
Hey guys and gals!, I'm a relatively new fox player and I know that up throw up air is one of fox's bread and butter combos however, I was wondering if he has any others.

I know how to: Shine Spike, SHFFLNair, Drill Shine,Wave dash, Boost Grab, shorthop lasers, waveland.

I'm a bit iffy on: Waveshining and jumping canceling shine, also I know how to dacus but I mess up the timing

I don't know: Multishine.

They don't have to be exactly bread and butter combos, but I still need options other than shine spiking (which for some reason I miss) and up throw up air.

Thanks, tiemur
shine out of shield
shine grab
shdl (not clear if you can)
shine turn around bair
up b stall
ledge dash and the invincible options
shine turn around up b stall
shine up smash
boost pivot grab
auto cancel bair

Combos are really simple and you can simply learn a bunch from videos

Last edited:

tiemur

Smash Cadet
Just a few things you didn't list
shi

shine out of shield
shine grab
shdl (not clear if you can)
shine turn around bair
up b stall
ledge dash and the invincible options
shine turn around up b stall
shine up smash
boost pivot grab
auto cancel bair

Combos are really simple and you can simply learn a bunch from videos
What is SHDL?

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Fox is unique in a way because he's not a "hard combo" character like Sheik or Lucas. His combos are based on his moves putting you in a positional/situational advantage against your opponent, and having the speed and agility to chase or dash dance then follow up again.

To link hits together, Fox has a large set of one-two kind of hits that he can string together in a sort of modular fashion. For example, dair> grab to Uthrow> uair. Lots of options and mixup potential just in those few moves. For example you could drillshine instead then wavedash and cross up a bair, dash away, dash dance into jc grab then fthrow into a nair> waveshine> usmash. That'd be the basic idea of comboing with fox :)

Top Bottom