• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Q&A and Help Thread

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I'm not sure if this has been answered elsewhere, but I've searched and haven't found it, so.. yeah. :3

I'm trying to create new CSPs (I know where they go, this isn't a question on that), and to make them "perfect", I'm using the trophy models to display them. Two questions about this, however:

1) On all models, the eyes are either completely white, or the eye texture is repeated and looks really really odd. (This usually happens with Kirby.) Is there a(n easy) way to fix this?

2) Is there a list somewhere of the exact position/rotations for the trophies to match up to the CSPs? It would be a very useful thing to have.

Thanks in advance.
1.Is that in-game or in the previewer?

2.None that i know of however the poses are from the taunts though

Is there a good way to quickly clear all someone's existing animations? I want to start some on Lucas, but it will be a real pain to get rid of all of them by slowly going through each bone and clearing it away. Is there any better way to do this?
Scale the highest number out of the 1/51 to 0 and start over

Fl@me

Smash Cadet
Alright so im trying to edit Falcos lasers and its not in the CLR file thats the blast around falco when he shoots (which i already edited.) now to edit the actual laser color which brawl box will not let me do so i need to know how to edit these.

If anyone can tell me how to do that ill be very grateful.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
A simple issue...

My game freezes when I try to enter the CSS screen, which I have heard is a result of having too many CSPs. I've narrowed the possible causes down to that, or the CSS codes (which wouldn't make sense, as the problem only recently arose).

My issue is- how do I default a CSP to the Brawl original?

I know I could find an identical portrait online and import it, but wouldn't that still add KBs? That is, I'd still be adding files to the game, right?

I would use the "Delete" function, but I thought that would just remove the CSP entirely (that is, I'd have a blank CSP in-game).

MYM'r

Smash Cadet
1. When I open BrawlBox, and go to tools even if I check one , It says there is an exception error or something and I want edit models and stuff : (

hinkage

Smash Apprentice
I just changed all the character's names using BrawlBox. I used the sc_selcharacter_en.pac, in MiscData[30], and then placed it in the pfmenu2 folder on my SD Card, but on Brawl it just shows the regular names.

Any ideas...?

EDIT: Nothing works; even deleting the whole file for a name doesn't change anything.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I just changed all the character's names using BrawlBox. I used the sc_selcharacter_en.pac, in MiscData[30], and then placed it in the pfmenu2 folder on my SD Card, but on Brawl it just shows the regular names.

Any ideas...?

EDIT: Nothing works; even deleting the whole file for a name doesn't change anything.
save it as sc_selcharacter.pac and if that doesn't work try putting it in pf/menu2

hinkage

Smash Apprentice
One last question, where would I add that? >_>

EDIT: I got it. Thank you for your help.

hinkage

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to double post but this does not fix it. I even used Code Manager to make sure it was enabled.

Kati

Smash Lord
How does one remove the critters in the background in Smashville?

Kati

Smash Lord
I see.

hmm... what about the car? I found the texture data, but deleting it didn't get rid of the model (not a surprise)

mmm.....

can one change Game&watches colours with brawlbox? I have a Fitgameandwatch00.pac file, but I can't find the colours on it. The file changes every one of hit outfits, but I just wish to change the default one affecting 00.

PandaFu

Smash Rookie
Hey there! I need some help. I changed some animations to Zero Suit Samus. All the attack animations work, but the running animation isn't working. When I run in the game it will show the animation of it, but Zero Suit Samus is still standing in the same place. Samus will not move. Any Ideas on how I can fix that?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
can one change Game&watches colours with brawlbox? I have a Fitgameandwatch00.pac file, but I can't find the colours on it. The file changes every one of hit outfits, but I just wish to change the default one affecting 00.
Look inside AnimationData[0]. Each one contains a CLR file which controls each of his 6 colors. You should be able to figure out which is which when you're actually looking at them.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Hey I now have a Smashville working on my Wifi-Stage. I used the .rel methode, so I can just rename any Smashville Stage with STGONLINETRAINING.pac :)
(When I now go Wifi I play on Smashville while waiting :D).

But now my problem/request:
How to get the Sandbag there?

I think I'm correct here, if not, where to go D: ?

pls dont ignore me, I'm 100% sure someone knows how to (And its very easy I think)

Edit:

What would be very cool as well, if some Bananas would spawn on the stage.

Then I could truely train while waiting.

(Moving Platform for Platform Cancel)
(Sandbag for Random Stuff)
(Bananes for Glide Tossing)

PandaFu

Smash Rookie
Never-mind I got it to work lol I was dumb. I used the HipN bone instead of TransN. Haha. Wow. Anyway I got it to work so thank you much! :)

MnM

Smash Journeyman
A simple issue...

My game freezes when I try to enter the CSS screen, which I have heard is a result of having too many CSPs. I've narrowed the possible causes down to that, or the CSS codes (which wouldn't make sense, as the problem only recently arose).

My issue is- how do I default a CSP to the Brawl original?

I know I could find an identical portrait online and import it, but wouldn't that still add KBs? That is, I'd still be adding files to the game, right?

I would use the "Delete" function, but I thought that would just remove the CSP entirely (that is, I'd have a blank CSP in-game).
this. anyone?

brawlpwnage

Smash Rookie
How do you load multiple textures such as naruto and cloud for ike and have the option to play as either or?

Fl@me

Smash Cadet
how come my animations wont loop in game but they loop in brawlbox? like the animation will play once then they just stop moving

Fl@me

Smash Cadet
How do you make animations play in a specific order? say like i have some pokemon model i have 4 chr files and i want two of them to play then have like a waiting animation then have the last animation play then repeat. i hope this makes sense lol

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
didnt know where to post so im posting here - Is there any other method to make BRSTM's aside from the method DarkSamus77 uses?

mario6420072

Smash Cadet
Is there a way to link (merge) 2 different animations? I mean, I have Mario's Wait1 animation and WalkMiddle animation and I want to make an animation in which Mario waits and then repeat the WalkMiddle 4 times (for example), is it possible? Thanks in advance.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
you it's possible you just have to use the copy the frames from the other animation and paste it into the wait1
you're going to have to use copy and paste under transform all and add more frames

highfive

Smash Lord
I'm trying to learn how to PSA and I've decided to PSA so I ported King Boo over in to Brawl. Besides the enormous size he's facing the wrong way as well. I don't need help with the resizing (yet) but I do need help with the way he's facing. Help please?

Top Bottom