• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Will Be Playable to the Public On October 18th

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Not only will it be playable, but apparently they'll be holding Brawl tournaments every day at the event. If it's the full version, we'll at least know the entire starting roster and probably some of the hidden characters(if anyone unlocks them).

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
Wow really!!! I live near LA! Haha yeah!:laugh: should i go though? probably crowded, 3hr lines or something. I've never been to a videogame get together-meeting thing.

Edit: what the...? I just checked the E for All website. So expensive $45 Thurs/Fri, $65 Sat/Sun(alot more than anime expo) and that money I need to buy Brawl!! not to mention i also want Guitar Hero and Mario Kart Wii (whenever that comes out which i hope is soon)!! I guess not and probably super crowded. darn.

So all the rest of you guys willing to spend that much?
Any of you guys feel this way? Should I go?
You! drop everything and get your a** to E for all NOW!

Tape everything and take many pictures.

Make sure to answer these key questions.

1. Can you turn off Smash balls?
2. Is the c stick still useable?
3. Is the Footstool Jump as broken as it sounds?
4. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD is wavedashing in or out?
5. Are all the other advance techs in or out?
6. How good is fox now?
7. Ike's Aether special? Can its semi-invincibility protect you against a direct hit form a Final smash? Such as Mario Finale, Volt tackle, Zero Laser, Landmaster's cannon and other beam type FS's.
8. What other characters have a move with the similar effect of Aether?
9. What happens to the other players when link uses his Final smash, does time stop or something?

This goes for everyone going to LA, I've been wanting to know these answers for forever.

I hate living in Florida right about now. >.<
So true T.T

Curse you sunshine state!

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
1. Can you turn off Smash balls?
2. Is the c stick still useable?
3. Is the Footstool Jump as broken as it sounds?
4. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD is wavedashing in or out?
5. Are all the other advance techs in or out?
6. How good is fox now?
7. Ike's Aether special? Can its semi-invincibility protect you against a direct hit form a Final smash? Such as Mario Finale, Volt tackle, Zero Laser, Landmaster's cannon and other beam type FS's.
8. What other characters have a move with the similar effect of Aether?
9. What happens to the other players when link uses his Final smash, does time stop or something?
Doubt that all those question will be answered there. BTW, how long will E for All be? 3 days?

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
My worst nightmare would be someone comes back from the confrence and says "There's still wavedashing, L canceling, and most other techs, but they took out fast falling to make air combat better".

I'd rather have Sakurai take the biggest dump in my mouth then take out my eye balls with a pitchfork and piss in my sockets... than have there be no fast falling.

Sakurai don't fail me.

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
You people worry to much. Brawl isn't going to get rid of the deep, advanced techniques. They are going to build upon or replace them. It's not rocket surgery or brain science.

Anyway, this is going to rock my socks. I can't wait for the convention for all the juicy info and amazing gameplay footage.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
WTB Plane Ticket, 19th is my birthday haha
the 19th is my bday as well... to bad i live all the way in god **** Nebraska... Only 9 days till we find out if wavedashing and l canceling is in fact in the game... finally

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
This pisses me off more than anything. My dad LIVES 20 minutes from LA. My BIRTHDAY is the 20th. Plane tickets to my dad's house would be easy to get, money's not an issue. In fact, school isn't either since I could easily get that Thursday/Friday off, since I'm a good stdent, and my birthday and all...

BUT, my dad decides to fly to OUR house to see me on my birthday, so I have to stay here because he's already postponed his business trip to Atlanta just for my birthday. Why does that ******* have to love me so much ;_____;

Salaad

Smash Ace
Not only will it be playable, but apparently they'll be holding Brawl tournaments every day at the event. If it's the full version, we'll at least know the entire starting roster and probably some of the hidden characters(if anyone unlocks them).
NO FAHKING WAI!!!11

Ztevieman7

Smash Cadet
Its about time the game will be playable. The moment we've all been waiting for.
Well said, Sakurai lost his mind?
Nintendo make good games, marketing is superior too but some how they always dissapoint fans in a way which should be easily be dodged.

SSBB epic game, good work on all the physcics and stuffs. After 25 years game industry EU is still always left behind with release dates (incl. promo's, extra's etc)
Don't even mind the release date now, but WHAT ^@%#&@ they gonna let the first hand play on for people who just live nearby for such a game we all been waitting for....

I rather have 5 months delay in the EU then let anyone play on Oct the 18th

littlewolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
littlewolf128
Dang I live in cali but like 4 hours from LA I hope I can still go though. But everyone who goes needs to take as many videos as possible. :D

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
I rather have 5 months delay in the EU then let anyone play on Oct the 18th
Thats a really selfish thing to say...

We all should be happy that some people will get to play Brawl first hand, more confirmed info for us and less stupid rumors. That and all of those dang WD threads will disappear (hopefully).

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
If I didn't live in Georgia, this would be the coolest thing about Brawl I have ever heard (next to the announcement of a bigger Adventure Mode and the inclusion of 3rd-party characters).

****! Someone better get pictures of the Brawl booth!

I also heard Sony and Microsoft won't be showing off their stuff at E for All. Stage fright?

Ztevieman7

Smash Cadet
Thats a really selfish thing to say...

We all should be happy that some people will get to play Brawl first hand, more confirmed info for us and less stupid rumors. That and all of those dang WD threads will disappear (hopefully).
Selfish? Out of a sudden they announced to be playable (for random people, what I mean is not all people are there for Brawl..) before the official announced date December the 3th.
I live in Europe, already swallowed the hatred we get it afterwards but I am happy for the real Smash fans who go and buy the game, rather then some random guy and see SSBB demo to get his finger on it first.

About the rumors, same experience/happening people will explain differently. You also have those brats who just want to fool us.

I say, release the epic game on December the 3th, end.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
Selfish? Out of a sudden they announced to be playable (for random people, what I mean is not all people are there for Brawl..) before the official announced date December the 3th.
I live in Europe, already swallowed the hatred we get it afterwards but I am happy for the real Smash fans who go and buy the game, rather then some random guy and see SSBB demo to get his finger on it first.

About the rumors, same experience/happening people will explain differently. You also have those brats who just want to fool us.

I say, release the epic game on December the 3th, end.

Well you're entitled to your opinion i guess.

I'm just happy that some of the questions on my mind (see my first post in this thread) will be answered.
As for the rumors, of course, there will always be idiots that want to get people worked up over their lies just for attention, but with information form a demo at lest some rumors will die/ be prevented.

All in all, the demo will bring lots of real information to the table, so even though i won't be able to play it, I'm happy I'll be able to learn from it.

Salaad

Smash Ace
If anyone can give me more info. on E4A please do so. I don't understand, I can just sign up and go? their site doesn't really elaborate. If I do go I will record the whole thing.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Erg, the 18th in school is going to be miserable!

If anyone so much as wise-cracks me, I'll pro'lly smack them up. That's how ****y I'll be that E for all isn't anywhere near me!

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Good job Chibosempai, thanks for the information. I hope this means Sakurai will start revealing info about characters and such soon (so he can be the one to unveil info). I just want to see the brawl selection sceen. With that I can deduct who will the final roster number and by correlation of characters the roster possibilities.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
If you do take videos, NOT YOUTUBE. Give me high quality footage. I also hate everyone in the LA area. God I want to go so badly. Come on Nintendo, something in Vancouver :(

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
All I know is, we're going to be getting the real character select screen!!!!!

Unless of course he makes it so that there aren't any blocks for characters not unlocked (MvC2), which wouls suck a lot, because then we still wouldn't be able to tell the number of characters in Brawl.

Every aspiration just inspires more questions...........

Youkai Master

Smash Apprentice
Someone should make a thread in the Smash Tournaments section to advertise this Brawl tournaments more! I mean there's going to be one every day for 4 days, that's just too good...

I think Isai lives in California, someone force him to go lol.

Metalknux

Smash Ace
All I know is, we're going to be getting the real character select screen!!!!!

Unless of course he makes it so that there aren't any blocks for characters not unlocked (MvC2), which wouls suck a lot, because then we still wouldn't be able to tell the number of characters in Brawl.

Every aspiration just inspires more questions...........
In melee, some characters had question mark boxes and some filled up empty spaces. If they do that with the demo, at least we'll be able to count the boxes and know "There are over [insert number here] characters."

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
**** you got to be kiddin me i wanted to play it when it got out. But aperently its goin out for a pre-release date. **** AND I LIVE IN LOUSIANA TO.........AUGGGGGGG.........please give us inside information on whats coming our way that the site wont give us till its real date on december 3rd.

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
I hope like a week later, Gamestop gets a smash demo for their Wii's. I wanna play then!
That booth will be crowded as hell.
CA FTW!!
WA SUX!!

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Louisiana sucks, doesn't it? Soon, we'll have Nintendo reps coming... the BR's building up.

Anyway, just gimme some info! If I could just sleep school away, oh GOD, I would!

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
Dear sweet Jebus, this is going to be epic

Not only will the Smash Boards crash form the hundreds of people saying things like "ZeLDEr aint le sHIEk!!!"

But youtube wull be blown to hell with all the videos, with there crappy camera angles and bad Quality

Im hoppin this won't be to much of a spoiler XD

Edit:

yes, Louisiana doe suck, we never get any fun >.<

**** YOU SAINTS!!! XD

Suna

Smash Journeyman
Dear sweet Jebus, this is going to be epic

Not only will the Smash Boards crash form the hundreds of people saying things like "ZeLDEr aint le sHIEk!!!"

But youtube wull be blown to hell with all the videos, with there crappy camera angles and bad Quality

Im hoppin this won't be to much of a spoiler XD
lol Thats what will happen too well most likely.

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
So, is this some sort of confirence or something

What I mean by that is, is there going to have all kinds of reporters walking around, along with the public, or is a E3 replay, and no public

Becuase that really was dreadful X[

RapeFalcon

Smash Apprentice
Holy s*** please record vids for this thread!! and great job finding this

**thinking about how brawl will be played the same as SSBM but with better graphics, new chars, and stages. . . Subscribes to thread**

Edit: why am i in FL and not California!!!

Top Bottom