• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Thread: Custom Stage Discussion

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Alright, sorry about the lack of updates or responses as of late. GHNeko has been busying himself with other personal projects while I tackle the joys of 18 credits of school in the final two weeks of a college semester.

Teronist09, basically what we'd love to see from you are ideas for designs for a project logo. Unfortunately, we have yet to finalize on a project name. We have two possible names for the projects:

A.) "Brawl Community Stage Packs"
B.) "Smash Community Stage Packs"

Which do you guys think sounds better/is more appropriate?

As for Pizzaboy and his ability to stretch stage pieces in unconventional ways (seriously, he's a contortionist among stage builders), it's fully revived. Worry not about that. To achieve the stretching he uses a USBGecko and modifies values as he's building to my knowledge.

With his help we are recreating past stages in ways that cannot be achieved without stretching. Our Hyrule Castle stage, for example, ***** every other Hyrule castle remake ever, as you'll see in not too long.

Currently, we are play testing the finalized layouts for the 5 stages that'll be in the first stage pack--making slight adjustments, and moving in to make final aesthetic touches for these stages.

Once again, we are ignoring submissions at the moment. Once the first stage pack is released the project will be opened up to the community.

To clarify on Zodac's advice, I'd point out that in any stage building attempt for this project you should attempt to space the main platform of the stage (generally the largest part) 5 units from the ceiling. This will give it the exact same ceiling as Battlefield, Final Destination, and plenty of other stages for Brawl. It is the standard ceiling height. You can test this with jigglypuff in vanilla Brawl. Go to training mode against Bowser, and set Bowser's damage at 74%. Hit him with rest while he is standing on the main platform. He just barely won't die. Now set his damage at 75%, that once percent makes the difference and Bowser will die off the ceiling. I like to call this the 75% Rest Test, and with it you can confirm that most of Brawl's stages (especially the neutrals) have the exact same ceiling height.
We could make it more realistic and assign a MK player to spam tornado! :p

In all seriousness though, I cannot wait for this release.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
We made a beta Dreamland that's semi-slippery. We're working on Peach's Castle (Melee) and (64) and we have a near perfect Hyrule (64) that ***** any remake you've seen.

:3

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
I'd correct you in that it's the beta Fountain of Dreams that's semi slippery.

Dreamland 64 is done as far as layout goes, all that must follow is prettying it up.

New discoveries here and there are making these stages something never before done among Brawl custom stages. I'll be all mysterious about it until the stages get more finalized (which should happen following my last final, next Wednesday).

Expect a Beta Release of the Starter Pack on May 24th.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
That sounds interesting! Are you guys making remakes of older stages (Fourside, some other things, etc.)

I can't wait until we get these.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'd correct you in that it's the beta Fountain of Dreams that's semi slippery.

Dreamland 64 is done as far as layout goes, all that must follow is prettying it up.

New discoveries here and there are making these stages something never before done among Brawl custom stages. I'll be all mysterious about it until the stages get more finalized (which should happen following my last final, next Wednesday).

Expect a Beta Release of the Starter Pack on May 24th.

ffffffffffff I need it before then rofl.

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
By any chance could you guys give us a teasing screenshot or something like that? xD

Sterowent

Smash Ace
...i love and hate your *****.

i shall be your love servant soon enough.

but, first...there needs to be someone assigned to texture hacking these stages as soon as possible!
is that even an option though...? i'm sure you can't add the water effect to FoD.

and the lighting would be crazy difficult too...someday, that'll change, and minds will be blown kamehameha style.

until then...i ache for these packs, guys. pizzaboy, i shall deliver for you until the end of time.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
The Community Stage Pack project will not require any hacks to run any of its stage packs.

Texture hacks would have to apply to all the custom stages that use the theme hacked (there are three themes, of course). We can't specifically alter any particular stage, much as we'd love to. If someone comes up with better textures than those provided by default that's all fine and dandy, but it doesn't fit with this project's goals. For now, don't expect any texture hacks. :ohwell:

Let me fill you guys in on a few details regarding the project.

The primary goal of this project is to provide tournament friendly custom stages (read neutral and counterpick) in groups (packs) that can be easily added and removed from an SD card to adjust for tournament play and personal preferences. By providing attractive stages in an easy to use and modular format we hope these packs can be included in tournaments to increase stage options for players, which is always a good thing.

We will include stages submitted by people like you, which will then be tweaked to perfection and made to look all fancy looking to be included in future stage packs. The first stage pack to be released, however, is being developed internally by GHNeko, Pizzaboy, and I. This is the Starter Pack. It aims to be the "no brainer" pack for tournament use, with neutral stages such as a Final Destination remake that doesn't have sucky edges and a Dreamland 64 remake. The release of this pack will be accompanied by an official topic for the project which will be the place for you to send your stage submissions.

For those wondering about the sweet stage remakes from Smash games of yore, they will be bunched together in the next stage pack to be released. This will be the first pack to potentially include community submitted stages or ideas. While I'd admit we already have the majority of these stages finished, we'd love to see your submissions, ideas, or requests...but please save this for when the official topic is created.

The project logo has been created. We no longer need help from others on that.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for putting up the vid GHNeko.

And yes, cookieMONster, the beta release of the pack is on track to be released on Sunday, but you just might get it on Saturday if I'm especially motivated.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Sounds good! I can't wait till i try these out! ^.^

These out... today plz??? ^(^.^)^ ---> ^(^.^)>

dancin kirby is win!

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
It's already been done, there's a code for it, but both players need to play the Custom Stage offline first before going online. And, you can only play on that Custom Stage, to play on any other, you have to go back offline and play another one (make sure your opponents do as well) and then go back on and select "Random" get the custom stage.

There are tons of YT videos of it in action if you wish to see how it works.
THAT sounds like quite a process.

PizzaBoy

Smash Cadet
Which is why I want to figure out how possible it is for online to enable the custom stage select screen.
I had a crack at this once, got the custom stage screen to appear but it didn't load any levels. That's when I looked for another way and discovered that a loaded stage remains in memory, so you can force the game to go to that stage with the code I made (which is why both players must play it ahead of time).

Top Bottom