• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl sucks, So Cal Melee Unite!

Sleepy

Smash Ace
Recently I've been discussing with my friends, how big brawl is and how much I hate it. I mean, the game misses the mark on competitive aspects (as intended by sakurai). I know melee is dead to lots, but there are still many who seek refuge in melee. So I say, whoever is still up to play, let's do it! Maybe we could fail and not be able to bring melee back to it's former glory, but I loved melee for the game it stood for and how it was played. Brawl at this point looks to be half ***** and can't possibly spark my interest. Lack of edgeguards, technical plays, mindgames, campy style play. I want to bring melee back to play competitively even if it means no possible cash! Of course, if we got enough of a following we could put the money back in melee. But I'll aim this tread at reuniting those who still are hungry for melee and want to play. Post if you agree or disagree, and if you agree, please let us know, to show we still can possibly put some fire into an old game.

PandaX

Smash Lord
The more I wish it was more like Melee. Honestly, this game fails in too much. It made a great single player game, has tons of unlockables, has online, has all these amazing things, but it fails in so many levels.

Sakurai wanted to make this game perfect for "everyone" that he excluded the tournament players. In melee, it was perfect for the pure reason that you had your sub groups. Your party players, your tournament players, your FFA players, etc. The game will continue to play competitively, but due to it's lack of advanced techs (even tho it's on the havoc engine, it could have still been used) the competitive scene is only a wall of camping.

This game to me, will die out by the mid of next year. It's now just a Mario party to me. It doesn't have the depth of Smash 64 or Melee. It's just a "Make all happy" game. Sakurai, Nintendo, you have failed me. Tho it may be your fastest selling game in history, you have excluded us, just like how the whites in the United States have excluded the African-Americans for so many years.

Yours in anger,
Panda

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
LOL Panda kind of a far fetched analogy but sure I'll bite

Look at him all smug, oppressing our rights... :mad: GRRRR

Hopefully we'll get a civil rights movement :laugh:

I all seriousness though, Brawl is fun (a lot of fun) but I agree that many (most) of us melee players can't help but feel shafted. Brawl's a great game and woulda been an awesome follow up to SSB64, but it falls short when it has melee preceding it :dizzy:

Edit: I realize that I shouldn't be feeding spam, but Panda posted and c'mon.... it's Panda

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
The more I wish it was more like Melee. Honestly, this game fails in too much. It made a great single player game, has tons of unlockables, has online, has all these amazing things, but it fails in so many levels.

Sakurai wanted to make this game perfect for "everyone" that he excluded the tournament players. In melee, it was perfect for the pure reason that you had your sub groups. Your party players, your tournament players, your FFA players, etc. The game will continue to play competitively, but due to it's lack of advanced techs (even tho it's on the havoc engine, it could have still been used) the competitive scene is only a wall of camping.

This game to me, will die out by the mid of next year. It's now just a Mario party to me. It doesn't have the depth of Smash 64 or Melee. It's just a "Make all happy" game. Sakurai, Nintendo, you have failed me. Tho it may be your fastest selling game in history, you have excluded us, just like how the whites in the United States have excluded the African-Americans for so many years.

Yours in anger,
Panda
It's amazing how Panda posts in a forum where not ONLY do people not know WHO he is (let alone how bad he is at any version of smash), but he thinks we actually CARE what he says.

I ***** your sh*t in Guitar Hero. Can't wait to **** you again.

Let's go get some Papa Johns Pizza with Fabian to see if he gets ***** by an old lady again.

Pat: You suck at brawl. CAAAAAAAAAAAAALM DOWN

PandaX

Smash Lord
LMFAO this **** Mike Y totally sucked *** while playing GH3. He thought he could **** me when I was drunk, and I ***** his face. Btw, My GW is still claimed god over your link.

Lep LOL that ****'s too funny.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
I agree that Brawl so far isn't near the level Melee was, and I am not a big fan of alot of the new gameplay mechanics. I don't see why everyone has been so quick to throw down an amazing game that has entertained us for years for the shiny new one. Sure, I like Brawl, its mad fun on 4v4 with Final Smashes and such, but it seems to be failing to deliver on the competitive side. I'm not whining, I'm just pointing out facts here, at this point in time competitive Melee is far superior to competitive Brawl. I've been playing the SSB series since SSB64's launch and I had extremely high hopes for competitive Brawl, even shooting those down who were criticizing Brawl's competitiveness before the launch. Now though, well, its going somewhere that I'm not sure I want to go.
Anyway, lets keep playing Melee, I'm sure many of you agree that its too great a game to abandon at this point.

EDIT: haha the mod edited my post, good times ^ ^;;

Boolossus

Smash Ace
LOL you are one funny guy. Your sig is also all sorts of amazingness.

/sarcasm (for those who didn't know)

You like the ghost houses in my sig too? I think it's real neat how they actually move around the house, instead of just sitting there like most sigs do. It's alot like yours, with big fancy flashing letters.

Oh, and if you want to enter special text, you usually have to put your text inside of parenthesis, like this:

[/sarcasm]

Instead of just '/sarcasm' like you did. That could be why your text still looks ordinary, in case you were wondering.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Recently I've been discussing with my friends, how big Brawl is and how much I hate it.
Ummm, I hope B-RAWL has been changed to M-ELEE or these posts make no sense o_O;

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
Meh...I cant help but agree with Panda and Sleepy...
Brawl is FUN but its not competitive...The big reason we kept interest in Melee. But, sad enough as it is, i dont think we have enough people who care about playing melee anymore because they are too focused on the new "shiny" brawl. I kinda think this is a lost cause >.>

maximus

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if it's a public event, but there's gonna be a smashstravaganza (Brawl, Melee, N64) at Loyola Marymount University on the 19th. I'll ask El Resident Advisor before I get your hopes up...

Sleepy

Smash Ace
Meh...I cant help but agree with Panda and Sleepy...
Brawl is FUN but its not competitive...The big reason we kept interest in Melee. But, sad enough as it is, i dont think we have enough people who care about playing melee anymore because they are too focused on the new "shiny" brawl. I kinda think this is a lost cause >.>
I know I probably shouldn't double post but oh well. The thing is I started this tread with the intention of mustering up the little people not swayed by brawl, so I can play people and keep playing melee. So thank you for putting in your post, that's the goal of this tread to unite those who are still willing to play melee, before the flash and glitter of brawl.

channlsrfr

Smash Apprentice
Brawl is a great casual game. Competitively, it's an unfulfilling piece of poop. Count me in on your Melee club. We'll stand in the corner and give everyone else a collective middle finger.

Top Bottom