• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Skin SWF Mock-up. White+Black!!!

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
I made a mock-up of SWF since people often mention how drab this place looks.

Things to note:

I had to basically recreate all the things you see there from the DOJO. I couldnt just copy and edit. I had to recreate all of it. (Either im a n00b at the program I have or it has huge limits) The only thing I didnt do in these two pages are Reggie, the Green Ad, Bowser, and Language flags. I even had to DRAW the SBBB font. I couldnt find any font like the one from the Dojo. (not the blue font though)

The dividers you see are supposed to be from the Brawl Character select screen. Of course its tweaked.

The Japanese words (I think) are supposed to say things related to smash bros.

Some things I took time on, some I didnt. So please don't bother me with posts about things the mock up is missing, or things I goofed on.

Its just supposed to be an example.

I was going to go further with the mockup, tighten it up, create more pages (threads, posts, profile pages ect) but it would be a waste of my time since whoevers running this site probably wont want to change it. And even if you he/she did, I dont know how to "build a site from scratch" all I do is draw......:embarrass (I imagine it cant be THAT hard)

But if asked I would try.:)

Anyway enough writing. On to the MOCKUPS!

btw, sorry about the watermarks. I didnt know It was going to be so small. I couldnt find a good uploader.

And also, would you prefer either over the one we have now. And if so, which one. Black or White?

--

--

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
both of them look really sweet man, good work! =D the black one would definitely suit this place, although the white one goes more hand in hand with brawl's new menus. great work!

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
May I say these look kick-arse, even though they might be hard to implement without proper coding?

Betaz

Smash Ace
i really like the black one more you can see the bacground images better...or w/e... but ya GREAT JOB!!!! *thumbs up*

Florida

イーグランツ
Holy crap! They're beautiful! Hurry, someone! Go get Gideon! >.>

No, really, great job. I'd definitely like to see the white skin be a new theme for SWF.
+22 prop points for you.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
They're both great, but the white is definitely my favourite, and Brawl's menus seem to have brighter backgrounds, so that would go very well having it on these forums, I think these forums really could use a new look, it's nice for a while but it's getting old.

And not only would it be new, but like I said before, it's great, love the colors, and like that you used Bowser over some other character (Charizard would've been another good one, but in this case, I think Bowser is probably the best choice, even though in Brawl itself I'll use Charizard more).

Chaosteil

Smash Rookie
The white one is really awesome, I would really enjoy browsing the forums in that one!
There's just one exception..
Why didn't you make the gamecube controller purple? The pink doesn't really fit in my opinion..
But otherwise.. Nice work!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Wow I really like the white one(the black is very nice too) it makes everything look clear and fresh.

These should be availible for use in swf! :grin:

Revven

FrankerZ
DO WANT.

Seriously, awesome work! It'd be even cooler if we could choose who we wanted at the top of the banner (as in, a different layout per character). It'd be awesome!

Even if that isn't done, it still looks epic!

xenogears23

Smash Apprentice
HAHA that white layout looks amazing! thanks a lot japanese monk! i'm glad i inspired this ---i don't know how admin works around here but you should submit something if you can. it all looks really awesome

PaperDream

Smash Apprentice
=O Supreme Job!!!!!

It'd be nice to have either one of these, especially the white one. REALLY nice.

<3

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Whoa! Thanks for all the comments. Im glad you guys like it.

Im also leaning towards the white one. If an admin contacts me I guess I could work with them. I dont know how to code...I just design. I dont know how long it would take me, seeing as certain things are coming up but I would def. work on it.

I have some very interesting ideas id love to see implemented.

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
They should make it an option between SWF classic and these two new colors. Maybe even make another set for premium members.

pirkid

Smash Lord
Anre any of the mods actually looking at this? :p They look amazing!

DO WANT!

It would be a nice transition to Brawl, that white background, it would, white ground, with le Darento, oh.

Top Bottom