• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Roster Overview

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
All in all,I'm not THAT disappointed at the roster,but I hope they don't have clones any more,and the fact that Krystal and Ridley aren't in bums me out,but I'm HAPPY that R.O.B. is in.

All in all,not too bad. But think about it,haters: Fact it, until the 35 character roster was revealed,you thought everything was going GREAT,and you'll still buy the game, because you have to fill that void in your lives somehow.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
im still buying it, but it would have been nice to have half of the unique new characters...I would have been happy to have one of my wanted ones...one.

hint: I wanted: Ridley, krystal, megaman, ray01, and isaac. got none of them...

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
The roster does not bug me anymore what really gets on my nerves is that we have 3 fox clones

Zevox

Smash Lord
but I hope they don't have clones any more,
Prepare for disappointment, then. From the videos and images we have, Toon Link is a pure clone (very little different from Melee's Young Link), Falco and Wolf are both Fox clones with perhaps some minor differences (someone saw Falco throw his deflector), Ness and Lucas are Luigified clones (pretty different A moves, one different special), and even Ganondorf still has Captain Falcon's A moves (his up-B is new, so theres still some hope his specials are different).

Zevox

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Prepare for disappointment, then. From the videos and images we have, Toon Link is a pure clone (very little different from Melee's Young Link), Falco and Wolf are both Fox clones with perhaps some minor differences (someone saw Falco throw his deflector), Ness and Lucas are Luigified clones (pretty different A moves, one different special), and even Ganondorf still has Captain Falcon's A moves (his up-B is new, so theres still some hope his specials are different).

Zevox
Bummer dude. Oh well, who's up for Brawl 4?

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
The roster isn't bad. Not bad at all. Except for one character. The final character honestly makes me mad.

Wolf...is a SECOND clone of Fox, has the same final smash as Fox AND Falco, and quite frankly...sucks. I honestly would've rather the roster have been 34 characters than to put this waste of space in the game. Like WW Link he could've had a moveset that involves him using heavier weapons and given a different final smash, like an ambush from Star Wolf squad or something...or better yet, included Krystal and idiot proof your character creating abilities by making a character who couldn't possibly be copied. At least Mario kind of deserved two clones.

Needless to say, I'm not going to try very hard to unlock wolf, the roster looks better without him.

Either way, I'm still going to play Brawl and I'm probably still going to love it. I might be jumping ship to prevent myself from looking at SSE spoilers til I get the game....if I do, see you guys in march :p

WR3K

Smash Ace
you guys have to remember youve been very pampered, think of it this way:

there are no dojo updates, no leaks, or anything

SUPRISE, you dont know anything about brawl's roster but guess what

SNAKE AND SONIC ARE IN, THATS RIGHT, 3rd PARTY CHARACTERS

and guess what. WW LINK AND TP GANONDORF OMG

not too mention pokemon trainer, lucario, WOLF, dedede, and omg wario was a shoe in

AND META KNIGHT MY ******* IS BLEEDING ALONG WITH IKES ARRIVAL

pit?, PIT? ARE YOU ****ING SERIOUS HE LOOKS SO COOL!

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
The roster does not bug me anymore what really gets on my nerves is that we have 3 fox clones
Yup...agreed...Indeed, gotcha, yeah dude, additional affirmative phrases, etc

I don't mind having Falco in the game, I don't mind having Wolf in the game...

I DO MIND HAVING BOTH LAME ***** IN THIS GAME!

:bee:

:mad:

...this is worse than finding or Santa is not real... and Jesus too...on your Birthday, told that you where in fact adopted. :ohwell:

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
Though it is pretty disappointing to see clone characters survive in Brawl this IS a great roster. People just got angry because the Dojo revealed so many new characters through the site that there have only been 4 new leaked characters (that would be Wolf, Toon Link, Lucario, and ROB). But looking at everything as a whole there are really 16 brand new characters (I am count Pokemon Trainer as 3). That's pretty nice!

I like playing with all characters in Melee. Really, if this list was much bigger I would have a hard time getting everyone's movesets down.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I'm happy with the roster my main problem is that they revealed everything on the official site 4 new character weren't revealed on the site thats it we knew all the other new characters I'm pretty sure everyone as of the mind set oh man if they've revealed this many new characters on the official site then how many secret characters are there in the game . And the disappointing answer is not many the problem is they revealed too much so when the roster was finally revealed we knew all of the new characters except maybe 4.

Necrochild313

Smash Apprentice
Way less clones than Melee, any way you look at it. Sorry your favorite video game character wasn't in.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
since where was it stated Wolf was a clone?
sure they have the same Final smash, but people haven't even seen him attack yet

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
From what I have seen, Fox, Falco, and Wolf are all original characters. Even though they have the same Final Smash, they all play differently.

From what I have seen of Ganondorf, has a very similar play style from Melee so the Ganondorf players like me don't have to completely relearn a new move set.
Almost all of Ganondorf's moves are his own now, such as his forwards air from Melee, or some of his new moves appearing in Brawl. His up B is similar to Melee's but has been tweaked to be his own. We still don't know his new Over B or his new Down B.

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
I'm satisfied with the roster, I'm not a huge fan of a few of the choices, but I don't think it';s possible to make a roster everyone would be fully satisfied with.

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
Wolf has a pistol as well, but his shots are blue instead of red (wow!)
And he has some sort of reflector/shield, but guess what, it's purple instead of blue!

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
I have to say I like it, maybe not Toon Link, but hey, can't get everything you want. Especially if his name reminds you of Toon World from Yu-gi-oh. R.O.B. Was truely a suprise, especially since we all thought he was deconfirmed before. Sakurai's Roster gets a 10/10.

And I don't see why you're all claiming the Wolf is a Fox clone. I saw a gameplay video of Wolf and he seemed pretty diffrent.

Arteen

Smash Lord

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
Prepare for disappointment, then. From the videos and images we have, Toon Link is a pure clone (very little different from Melee's Young Link),
Has anyone tested if he can glide with a deku leaf? I think that would be awesome.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
personally i like the roster and i love what they've done with the game the big complaint is because we knew everything and all the new character there was no big reveal no omg i cant believe such and such is in it. OUtside toon link, Lucario, wolf, and rob we knew the rest of the characters if they had left us in the dark the whole time people would be singing a different tune today it would OMFG dedede's in it or HA TOLD YA sonic's in it or HOLY CRAP SNAKE WTF

But, we already knew so there was nothing left to reveal and what was revealed wasn't the great now some people are happy with rob and lucario and i think lucario looks pretty sweet. So everyone felt gipped when the roster was revealed but looking at the videos wolf, falco, and fox all look pretty similar now they may have small differences but it's the Mario/luigi situation they're different enough not to be called clones but not that different. Same goes fro Toon Link/Link and from the one video Gannondorf/C.Falcon. So while the game may be fantastic people feel gipped by the roster because we knew most the new characters already so there was not a lot new to learn.

Top Bottom