• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Reskins: Custom Alt Colors (No burning needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Okay thankx for clearing that up. The hombrew community sure is growing fast. I've been looking into it and it looks like no AR for Wii will come out. :( But there is another way for codes. Maybe through this method, we could mess with the models. But for now, I'm gonna wait for this guide.
d(^-^d)

4Serial

Smash Lord
So I was wondering if you were serious about trying out my idea...
Of naked Zamus :p And please feel free to post screenshots of your progress. LOL

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
This is amazing, I have a question though, once you (as in textures you or Wolf Pup Tk edit) finish editing texture files and have a new alt., will you release those in a pack so we can compress them directly into the iso/burn the disc?

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Okay thankx for clearing that up. The hombrew community sure is growing fast. I've been looking into it and it looks like no AR for Wii will come out. :( But there is another way for codes. Maybe through this method, we could mess with the models. But for now, I'm gonna wait for this guide.
d(^-^d)
Guide is posted. ;)

This is amazing, I have a question though, once you (as in textures you or Wolf Pup Tk edit) finish editing texture files and have a new alt., will you release those in a pack so we can compress them directly into the iso/burn the disc?
I plan to release any future textures I do on my own, though I probably won't ever publically upload the original Pikachu. If it's a joint project (like with Wolf Pup) I will release it if the other person wants it released. If/when I do, it probably would be in a pack and would also have a few other things such as an edited character select screen.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Guide is posted. ;)

I plan to release any future textures I do on my own, though I probably won't ever publically upload the original Pikachu. If it's a joint project (like with Wolf Pup) I will release it if the other person wants it released. If/when I do, it probably would be in a pack and would also have a few other things such as an edited character select screen.
I would LOVE to "officially" release a character edit pack with you, Pharrox. I want to make one edit per character and will continue to work on edits as time allows. I need to get an ISO so I can stop bugging Pharrox for textures every time I need more, lol.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I have a question. Pika's and Jiggly's alt. have individual models. I was wondering if the model is part of the file for the costume. Cause if it is, then I had an idea. But I need to know first.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Okay slight prob, I found Shadow the Hedgehog's file. But when I put it into SSB_Extract, nothing happens. It blinks, and then just goes away.

SilverXy3

Smash Rookie
Guide is posted. ;)

Yo Pharrox I don't have the staffed to add the textures to the game,but can you make replayes of all the custom alt colors you make for download so I can see them?

P.S. can you make this to the game(it's really easiez)
Super Mario from SMBZ
http://starshadow76.deviantart.com/art/Super-Mario-86028800

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Maybe a small favour to ask, but could anyone check if the game would load faster with everything unpacked? Even the stages? The stages will be a ***** to extract, though, since the LZ77 decompresser doesn't work on Vista at the moment, and I have no ****ing clue on how to fix it.
Well I just figured out that if you run the lz77 extractor in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 2) it works fine. I feel stupid for not trying that sooner.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, SSBExtract + Windows XP = problems. :(

Also, if I don't respond to requests it isn't because I don't see them or won't attempt them, just that I'm busy with other things at the moment.

I have a question. Pika's and Jiggly's alt. have individual models. I was wondering if the model is part of the file for the costume. Cause if it is, then I had an idea. But I need to know first.
Yeah, the model is part of the costume file. Obviously you can't edit it, but you could place it over another costume to say, get two goggle Pikachus.

Yo Pharrox I don't have the staffed to add the textures to the game,but can you make replayes of all the custom alt colors you make for download so I can see them?

P.S. can you make this to the game(it's really easiez)
Super Mario from SMBZ
http://starshadow76.deviantart.com/art/Super-Mario-86028800
I do plan on making videos eventually, but it isn'y as simple as just making replays and putting them up for download. Since all replays do is recreate the match on whatever Wii it plays on, if you don't have the modified files as well they will just appear like their normal costumes. I'm going to have to use my capture card (which isn't configured yet) to capture it directly from my Wii or a tape.

That Mario would probably be pretty easy to do. However both Wolf Pup and I have a lot of other projects we're working on right now. So if it's attempted it probably won't be for a while.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Okay I tried switching to all available compatibility modes. I couldn't get it working STILL. What should I do.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Where are the pictures, guys?

*Waiting for Naked Zamus*
Feel like Modding your Wii? Good at Photoshop? Don't mind Gecko? Then do it yourself!
Yes by voiding your warranty, you too can see Zamus naked from any angle!

-In hyper fast voice- Note, by being good at photoshop may not allow you to be good at using photoshop. If Gecko is applied to face or mouth please wash with soap and seek a doctor. After modding, your Wii may become temperamental and may try and strangle you with your gamecube controller, please avoid using gamecube controllers even thought they are superior. Only play with items on full and keep the starman and smash balls on at all time even when playing against Sonic.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Okay, another question: For G&W, he is a normal 3-D model that is compressed to appear flat, like what happens on Hanenbow or Flat Zone. Is that part of his costume like the pokemon, or is it part of his character file? This is part of my idea I wanted to do, but again I need this part first.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Birthday suit Samus...LOL. I'd like to see that. :p Anyway, still can't get ssbextract to work. Help please.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Okay, another question: For G&W, he is a normal 3-D model that is compressed to appear flat, like what happens on Hanenbow or Flat Zone. Is that part of his costume like the pokemon, or is it part of his character file? This is part of my idea I wanted to do, but again I need this part first.
Uh...I honestly don't know. I would assume it is just a regular 3d model with no depth. As of right now I would say it's no different than any other character model. Without knowing what you want to do I can't say for sure, but if it can't be done with any other characters I don't think it could be done with him.

Birthday suit Samus...LOL. I'd like to see that. :p Anyway, still can't get ssbextract to work. Help please.
And you're on Vista? That's odd. What version of Vista is it? Are you running it from an administrator account? Also, what file are you trying to decompress? Have you tried running it from the command prompt?

The only suggestion I can think of is to install .NET framework 3.5 (and maybe 1.1 and 2.0). I just had to do a reformat and I used it almost immediatly after. The only thing I did before using it was installing Visual Studio 2008, which also installs .NET framework 3.5.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Thankx I'll try that. Actaually I'm using a special form of Vista, so it's just the look. So technically it's still XP. Should installing Visual Studio still fix it?

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
No, I've tried Visual Studio on Xp before, it still doesn't work. And if all you have is a skin, it's still Xp that is handling all the files. If Xp couldn't run it before, it still can't. From my experience SSBExtract will only work with Vista. However, the person who wrote it (Heinermann) is working on a completely new version with more features. Maybe that will work with XP?

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Pharrox and I are working on a script to extract everything, so we may release a pack with all character textures. Be patient though, cause we're both kinda busy with other stuff. ^^;

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: reread Wolf Pup's post.

Just to be clear, the script he's working on won't allow you extract the textures if you can't already. It will just allow for extract everything a lot quicker if you're already able to. As he said, after that I will probably post all the textures.

I have Wolf Pup's Peach texture and will be working on that shortly. My other project is studying the game's structure to see how it handles characters/stages/etc.. I don't really expect to find anything though.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Practically everything in the game can be accessed and modified in a similar manner. From the characters to the menu screens.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
So we can get the FS, assist trophies, and basically anything?
O.O I just thought of something. This might be hard, and might sound wrong, but a Megaman costume for Samus. Like I said I know it sounds wrong, but who else could we change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom