• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl proves Evolution!

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
Play a 15-minute brawl using the Jiggs under the stage strategy (in which you fly under the stage back and forth), and you'll observe evolution!

Stress: Characters kill themselves by jumping out after you die because they have no recovery moves.

Stress Favours: Green Alloy, who has multiple jumps and thus doesn't die in this fashion as often.

Result: Eventually, Green Alloys become the predominant Alloy type remaining.

Now, it's not perfect (because there is no breeding, but random generation of alloys), but the fundamental concepts for Evolution are there: selective pressure + change in population.

I hope this lighthearted observation is a nice diversion from all the competitive brawl topics... lol

baheffron

Smash Apprentice
hahahah, nice. Believe it or not, I was actually thinking about how the greens would eventually be the only ones left when I was doing something similar.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
But wouldn't the green alloys have to have to mutate according to their environment and slowly start growing wings. Nothing is becoming more complex from a less complex state, so therefore:

this proves natural selection, a very different thing from evolution

but thanks for the topic thats not melee vs. brawl

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
This is so true it is unbelievable. That's basically what happened with my cruel brawl challenge. Even worse, their nair (which is pretty much all they use) will hit you if you're anywhere near it. So they are also the ones most likely to kill you if you use the jiggs stage (independent of the fact that they will be the only alloys left).

hario.hige

Smash Cadet
Only Stratocaster took Biology classes in high school, apparently. This is natural selection, not evolution.

nviv

Smash Cadet
hahaha, no matter if it is evolution or natural selection or whatever.

Great job, nice to see some humor on here even if it is rare.

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
Nice. Natural selection becomes evolution BTW it's simply the process...

But anyway...nice

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
This is more like natural selection, which is a bit of a precurser to evolution.... Though it's cool nonetheless.

Top Bottom