• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Brawl, P:M, Melee, Real Games] East Texas Fight Club 3:... - September 7th, 2013 - Lindale, TX

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
YO DAWG I HEARD YOU LIKE FIGHT CLUB SO I FIGHT CLUBBED YOUR FIGHT CLUB WITH A FIGHT CLUB FIGHT CLUB

OK so we're doing some cool things this fight club but like lets start with the game line-up:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl(singles and dubs)
Super Smash Bros. Melee(Singles or dubs maybe both probs just singles)
Project: Melee 2.6(Singles and dubs)
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Super Street Fighter 4 AE
(probably) Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Persona 4(this is the new one right?)
King of Fighers the newest one I think

OMG SO MANY GAMES IM GONNA DIE

Schedule
so everything except for brawl and PM singles will start at 1:00 I think. We are shutting down registration at 12:30 no excuses(unless you call ahead and like "OMG MY CAT DIED I'LL BE 10 MINUTES LATE" then like it's nbd we'll put your name in or whatever)
Melee Singles, Brawl Doubles, and P:M Doubles will all start at 1, and brawl/P:M singles will start a bit later.
event is happening on Sept 7, you can show up from 10-12:30 which is when we close sign ups
4-5pm we have food break. you can order pizza with our group($5 for half a pizza) or you can drive to like DQ or something but events are resuming/maybe starting at 5 so don't be late!

Place
Lindale Library!
200 E Hubbard, Lindale Tx

rules

Brawl Rule-set:
http://smashboards.com/threads/whob...tx-500-pot-bonus-bomber-vs-tx-1000-mm.336437/ we gettin pretty ready for whobo and stuff YES MK IS BANNED :( I'll just go olimar smd

Melee Rule-set:
http://smashboards.com/threads/tentative-mbr-official-ruleset-for-2012.313252/

P:M rule-set:
http://smashboards.com/threads/low-...-2nd-post-july-27th-28th-grapevine-tx.336709/
this tourney is over ik but it's a good rule-set

other stuff: idk anything about those games probs evo rule-sets or something I'll find out I guess

prices:
$5 venue
each event is $5 to enter(doubles events are $5 per person($10 per team))

other:
OK so we should have T-shirts for sale which is kinda cool
we should also be doing a sponsorship thing where if you win brawl or marvel(i think marvel was one of em) then you get your way paid to Apex 2014 or WHOBO 5 Idk but it's hype(food, housing, and travel NOT included, just venue and singles entry)

if you're traveling a lot and need housing then post here we have people who live places
if you're late let me know 903-521-7233 if you're late for a traditional fighter contact mike O'hara but I guess you can call me too idc

YOYOYO BRING SOME SET-UPS YA DIG WE NEED EM FOR ANY OF THEESE EVENTS IF YOU GOT IT BRING IT ON DOWN
byoc
Mountain Dew will be there

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
I'll conjur up some smash side event too don't worry
I'LL BE THERE AND I'M GOING EITHER ALL PUFF OR ALL OLIMAR IDK YET

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
The notes here are as follows (for those of you that don't like to read facebook):

If you are running late because you are coming from out of town (I'm looking at you Denti), call me because I will be closing registration at 12:30pm on the dot, no exceptions. Unless you are on the premises in-line or have contacted me, Icecream, or Chandra (my wife) beforehand saying specifically that you (or your carpool) are going to be late, you will be denied entry into the tournaments ... which will suck for you and all with you.

Yes, we are having a Melee tournament! Bring complete setups for it and you will get free venue entry!

In regards to sponsorships, we are tentatively planning on doing them but I can't fund the cost out of my own pocket ... so we will be selling t-shirts to raise the funds! If the sponsorship goal is met (I'm gonna say $350 - $400 to be on the safe side and cover all my games), then yes I will pay for winners of the Smash tournaments (both singles and teams for each tournament) to compete at APEX in January. I will be getting with Psychoace and Chandra both to do a t-shirt design, and we should have mockups available for viewing at Fight Club.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
How much are you thinking of charging for shirts?

we are looking at $20 for smaller sizes, $25 for 2XL and above. They will be two color (thinking black and red at this point) and printed on Gildan shirts. I have the option for American Apparel shirts as well, but that will up the price to $25 for smaller sizes and $30 for 2XL and above because I will have to use a different shop for them. I am looking at the option of customization as well for the AA shirts. Before anything is said about price, I looked around various places I have bought some of my personal shirts from (Brokentier and Eighty-Sixed Clothing) and found that I'm about on average with Brokentier and lower than Eighty-Sixed with higher quality shirts.

Oracle

Smash Master
You should just charge a separate venue fee that goes to the sponsorship fund. Shirts help but having both would be a little safer

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
You should just charge a separate venue fee that goes to the sponsorship fund. Shirts help but having both would be a little safer

you know something, that does not sound bad at all. I knew I could count on you! Now hopefully you're coming back for Fight Club ...

Top Bottom