• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

brawl online - second thoughts!

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
Will brawl be online?? I recently heard that brawl might not be online, although i don't believe it for a sec. What if it ISN'T!!!

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Where did you hear these lies and slander?

:O

If this is true I don't know what I would do... Probably send an angry e-mail saying Rawr.

Krystal for Online Smashing!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Nobody knows.

All we can do is wait.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
They announced online play over a year ago, but since people are getting worried that online play wasn't mentioned in E3, Wiseguy made a thread for a petition so they can get their attention so he can be sure. Anyway, it's going to be online. If it wasn't, the feedback wouldn't be good for Nintendo.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
but the fact that it wasn't announced at E3 is a very good reason to think that maybe it was removed.

Sakurai would be hated forever if he didn't make this game online, though. Online's not a big deal to me, but after seeing how some people reacted to other features of the game, people would go crazy if online wasn't in as well.

WhiteZER0

Smash Apprentice
Online would be another enjoyable feature, but it's not THE WHOLE BLOODY WORLD to me. If Sakurai doesn't add it, I'll still think he's a genius XD As long as the game itself is good (and i know it will be amazing), I will be content, if not absolutely thrilled XD

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
but the fact that it wasn't announced at E3 is a very good reason to think that maybe it was removed.

Sakurai would be hated forever if he didn't make this game online, though. Online's not a big deal to me, but after seeing how some people reacted to other features of the game, people would go crazy if online wasn't in as well.
I'm sure he knows that already.

Dark Yoshi77

Smash Journeyman
Brawl will be online, because I don't think Sakurai wants thousands of enraged gamers with pitchforks surrounding his appartment.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
This game better be freaken online, I will play 10 hours a day untill im good wnough to go pro
without it I dout that i will go around the world to play different players

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
i was reading the thread with the petition earlier, that and no mention of brawl being online at this year's e3 got me super worried. well i was reading the wikipedia for ssbb and they said that even tho they probably will have online play, its really unlikely for them to have an online scoreboard. which kinda rele suks in my opinion!

lollerskater

Smash Cadet
In a recent IGN podcast, one of the editors confirmed that he had heard months ago that they were at least working on an online mode for the game. So the only reason why the final game wouldn't have an online mode would be because their attempts at making it work failed.

But you can at least rest assured that the creators of smash realize that an online mode is important and haven't disregarded the idea without trying their hardest to implement it.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
It's probably Sakurai's last game anyway, so he doesn't care if he's hated. :p

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
i was reading the thread with the petition earlier, that and no mention of brawl being online at this year's e3 got me super worried. well i was reading the wikipedia for ssbb and they said that even tho they probably will have online play, its really unlikely for them to have an online scoreboard. which kinda rele suks in my opinion!
Anything can be said on Wikipedia.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm pretty sure it's at least possible to have an online mode. It's just whether it can be perfected or not.

As stated in that other topic, if they can't perfect it in the time, they should delay it. That might make fans mad, but it would make less mad in the long run. XD

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
i dont know man, remember the lags, i mean, imagine that u are plaing with someone that is from japan, what owud u do, of course, i wish taht they put latinamerica server, north america server, japan server, things like that.. it would be nice..

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
i dont know man, remember the lags, i mean, imagine that u are plaing with someone that is from japan, what owud u do, of course, i wish taht they put latinamerica server, north america server, japan server, things like that.. it would be nice..

They might, I sure hope so, lag and DCs suck, Im not worried about intentional Dcers though, if you are seen to be one here then you will be shunned...

SHUNNED

They say super mario strikers, which is online for the wii, works really well with almost no lag.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Yeah, dude dats somethin i'm worri-en bout. but still can't u choose who u wanna play from our wii#s.

Dr. UnKnown

Smash Apprentice
the main thing im hoping for is the release of a headset attachment, although brawl may not require tactical communication online, its always good to talk to someone while playing

brawlpro

Smash Master
the main thing im hoping for is the release of a headset attachment, although brawl may not require tactical communication online, its always good to talk to someone while playing
that would b pretty sweet, sry if i'm wrong cause i've never played online while wearing one ,but wouldn't u have to talk really loud so someone can hear u if ur playing against someone in another country or all the way across states. i dunno and how much do u guys think it'l prolly cost?:)

Dr. UnKnown

Smash Apprentice
nahhhh its the same reception anywhere, in games like socom, you just had to hold O to talk to everyone in the game, that wouldnt really work here though....since all the buttons are gonna be in use, the mic would probably just be on the whole time

AAbatterie

Smash Apprentice
If there is a headset, (which I hope), it would probably cost 20 bucks. But I don't know if Nintendo wants to do that because they don't want people cussing over the mic to a little kid. But I still want one so I can talk to my friends while playing them.

brawlpro

Smash Master
But I don't know if Nintendo wants to do that because they don't want people cussing over the mic to a little kid.
HAAAAA,lol.
But yeah, there go a reason i didn't think about, still, to talk on the mic with someone, the other person has to have the mic too, and i don't rele think that lil kids would like to talk to strangers. so i kinda doubt they'll ask mama and dada for one.

brawlpro

Smash Master
nahhhh its the same reception anywhere, in games like socom, you just had to hold O to talk to everyone in the game, that wouldnt really work here though....since all the buttons are gonna be in use, the mic would probably just be on the whole time
Now that u mention that, i rele want them to make a headset mic. man, most of my money will prolly b spent on enhancing my brawl experience rather than other games, u know, by enhancing meaning gettin all sorts o controllers for my friends and gettin the headset(if they make one). The only reason that i stopped playing melee to play another game was cause i didn't have any human to play against, the computers suck. but with brawl being online and all(hopefully), u'll always have someone to play against. Hey i bet u that half the ppl won't even bother with 1-p modes cause they'll have too much fun online.:laugh:

Hey edge, guess our conversation turned into a hot thread, well maybe its not hot now but i bet it will be.....peace.

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
like i said when we were talking tat ne one who bougt the wii bought it for brawl, and they bought brawl bc everyone thinks its online. I wanted to know how people would react if it was otherwise.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Now that u mention that, i rele want them to make a headset mic. man, most of my money will prolly b spent on enhancing my brawl experience rather than other games, u know, by enhancing meaning gettin all sorts o controllers for my friends and gettin the headset(if they make one). The only reason that i stopped playing melee to play another game was cause i didn't have any human to play against, the computers suck. but with brawl being online and all(hopefully), u'll always have someone to play against. Hey i bet u that half the ppl won't even bother with 1-p modes cause they'll have too much fun online.:laugh:

Hey edge, guess our conversation turned into a hot thread, well maybe its not hot now but i bet it will be.....peace.
http://www.wiiloaded.com/wii-news-Wii-Microscope----From-a-Nintendo-employee-a-9277 I showed this to Wiseguy at the online petition thread, so I decided to show this to you guys to see what you think.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Wow, thanks for showing Takeshi:). but do u think that the mic will come out by the time brawl is out, do u even think that brawl will be compatible with this, i dunno.:confused:
I'm sure it will. Remember, they still have time left to tweak and polish it, guys.

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
there probably is a head set, x box 360 and ps3 have em. i used them pretty nice. Why would wii be left behind.

Top Bottom