• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Online General Discussion/ Social/ Thing

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I know it's random since wifi's dead and not technically on the topic, but...

:4palutena: She got a widget now! :4pit: approves.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
AP was literally the first person I thought of when I saw Palutena lol.

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
Yeah, star-KO'd at the same time. /2awesome

I'm uploading a few matches with Rick soon and might upload a few of ours, too, if you don't mind.

Cool, cool. Was otherwise gonna resort to some cheap knockoff … like…

GET
LIKE-FUNK'D.

Or something, hah.

Oh yeah… that E3! I must be the only one lazy enough to not watch it and just read up on the announcements the next day. :awesome:

In other news I just tried the hackless method to connect to the new servers about 15 minutes ago… and it worked. Whoa. This is trippy.
Yeah, sure haha, I don't mind. :p

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
ya u sho dem how 2 tee-hee.

Add the face like Xad did if you wanna tee-hee like a real man!

TEE-HEE~! :3
I learned from the "best"!

Ah, pardon me. What was I thinking?

TEE-HEE~! :3

Am I a real man now? :D

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
How about a happy Caturday to liven things up.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Did you get to play Smash 4?
I did not. The mere thought of line lengths makes me want to just wait. One of my friends that went was in line for the entire time when he went, but I'm not sure how late he got there. The nearest Best Buy on board with the Smash 4 demo would already be over an hour commute.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I did not. The mere thought of line lengths makes me want to just wait. One of my friends that went was in line for the entire time when he went, but I'm not sure how late he got there. The nearest Best Buy on board with the Smash 4 demo would already be over an hour commute.
I went about an hour away on Wednesday. The line was a bit less than an hour. Less than 70 people there. They had 3ds demos for the people waiting so I played that a couple times before I played the Wii U one. I went through like 3 times and played the 3ds demo several times.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I went about an hour away on Wednesday. The line was a bit less than an hour. Less than 70 people there. They had 3ds demos for the people waiting so I played that a couple times before I played the Wii U one. I went through like 3 times and played the 3ds demo several times.
I don't own a 3DS. I was looking to go during the Wednesday demo, but figured I'd be too tired by the time I actually made it. Moreover, I had plans for today for writing. Been basically putting it off all week for lack of interesting ideas (or otherwise inspiration). I was also supposed to hang out with a friend today too, hopefully that helps me think of something.

Still, I have to ask, how the **** was it?

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Writing huh? I won't distract you anymore. If you want to know what I thought I made a post in a different thread I could copy and paste on to here later. Its pretty lengthy.

I know that feel of writing a paper and putting it off

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Writing huh? I won't distract you anymore.
I'm on the internet. You're not much of a distraction compared to my other tabs, lol. Besides, I'm still contemplating ideas.

If you want to know what I thought I made a post in a different thread I could copy and paste on to here later. Its pretty lengthy.

Just link to the post. Go to the post, click on its post number, then copy and paste the link.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'm on the internet. You're not much of a distraction compared to my other tabs, lol. Besides, I'm still contemplating ideas.

Just link to the post. Go to the post, click on its post number, then copy and paste the link.
Here you go. http://smashboards.com/threads/what...nd-the-ct-members.357849/page-3#post-16889252

Might as well copy and paste it too. I know you played Samus sometimes in Brawl. Samus was my 3rd best in Melee after Falco and Doc. Everything I say about her is from a Melee stand point.
The game is pretty good overall. I kept thinking that the physics of the game were closer to Melee. The tech skill is definitely Brawl's though. Fast falling is much better than Brawl.

There's quite a bit of info here so check it out.

*Samus:
Missile canceling is gone. Charge shot is very fast. I only played her in Smash run but I didn't think she was too good. She can run pretty fast but I used her in Smash run so speed may have been adjusted when I tried to see her dash but I'm pretty sure she can run quickly regardless. Nair is nerfed I'd say. You can't hold it out like in Melee. It is a front then back kick. Dair comes out quickly iirc. Her new colors are way better than Brawl. Theres a Silver one that has red lines on it that looks great. All the others are just improved from Brawl. I can't really remember any others.

Rosalina:
She's not my play style at all. She's going to take practice for someone to be good with her. I was not good with her in the FFA I was in. I tried summoning a Luma after my other one disappeared and it didn't show up. It appeared after a few seconds of losing it. I don't exactly remember how it worked. Theres pink, gold, and green colors for her and they don't change the lumas color. Luma changes depending on the amount of damage he has taken (or at least that was my impression). She seems kinda weak imo. Good 1v1 character I'm sure

Zero Suit Samus:
Too stronk. She's pretty good. She's fast. Spacing with fast fall back airs was good to me. Brawl players of ZSS would like her a lot (since I was one). All of her d-smash combos remain in tact (as far as I could tell) I used her in a FFA. Red replaces the pink color and theres also a black color.

*Zelda:
meh. I used her in Smash run and I really couldn't tell much from that. Her up B is very quick like P:M. Down B is weird. You kinda need to charge it a second before it can work. The Phantom's don't go down slopes. They just stay in front of you. Over B was really nerfed in terms of spamming and theres a delay from when you release the over B to the explosion happening like Melee. Side B isn't a very good move anymore imo. The distance travels further than when you let go of b as well. So it will travel more distance after it disappears and then reappears for the attack. This could be good for mind games though. New up taunt thats pretty similar to the last one. She doesn't have that white hair color and the blonde hair looks a little greenish.

*Pit:
He's pretty good imo. I used him in Smash run so I couldn't get a good grip on his combo ability and such. I like how up B works though its not as far as I thought it would be and there's no freedom of control once you do it in a direction. Arrows are slower and travel a shorter distance. I guess that makes sense since thats how it was in KI:U. He doesn't run very fast IMO.

*Kirby:
Kirby's new voice is amazing. Bye sounds great and the side taunt makes the sounds like it does in P:M but re recorded. Kirby seems ok. I could only use him in Smash run. His over B in the air comes out twice but very slowly and it doesn't do anything to your momentum. It can still be charged in the air as well.

*Wii fit trainer:
She's good if you learn her. The deep breathing gives you health if you do it twice (I think maybe once too). It is pretty hard to pull of. You can do it once and it takes a little to get. The second time you do deep breathing it takes a SUPER LONG TIME TO DO. The only colors that were available were Male and Female in green and blue.

*Marth:
I really don't play Marth too much in Smash. His d-tilt didn't kill ZSS in a sudden death. All I tried to do was space with fairs. That is really difficult in the 3ds version. I think they added some lag to his arials.

*=Smash Run.

Smash run
When I played Smash Run I tried to focus mostly on getting a feel of the characters than actually playing Smash Run.

Smash run really sucks imo. Its not fun to me. The first time I did it it was like... SSE but you had to get power ups. I was happy about the pokemon I saw. Ghastly, Haunter, Chandelure, and Koffing for a good ol' 64 throwback. I mean they had us play with comps so... The bottom screen items were forgettable. I almost never remembered to use them but they were pretty helpful. Events were hard to notice. I just went with it when all my stats were maxed out or other random stuff. It tells you but theres so much going on you can't really pay attention to it. I'm sure people will have a lot of fun with this mode when there are 4 real people involved. Ornes killed me 2 or 3 times. I just ran into one while jumping left. I couldn't see it show up so I was out of luck when it killed me that time. They are difficult to avoid unless they are on your mind. I didn't know if music played when they appeared. 3d isn't very good in this mode.

3d is good in this game. It really added depth.

Stages
The stages are fun. If Palutena's temple turns out to be too big I think the FE stage can replace it. Its the perfect size. As long as people don't camp the sides I think its fun. Town and City has crazy platforms. They can kill you if you aren't careful because they will fly off the stage and go away at some points. Spirit tracks is amazing simply because its spirit tracks. Theres not much I can say about it that isn't obvious. Sometimes the train will go to the very right of the stage to pick up another cart so that can kill you. The NSMB stage for 3ds is very nice. Getting 100 coins is easy and you turn into something ridiculously OP.

General stuff
The visuals for both games are REALLY GOOD. The 3ds screen pics don't give it justice. The game really does look good. The game play is SOOO SMOOTH none of that Brawl stuff where you can see all the weird frames like with Fox's jab.

Gameplay is very nice. It takes more from Melee's physics and Brawl's tech skill. B reversals are in. L and R cycle colors in the 3ds version. Dash dancing is hard and garbage.

L is grab and R is shield for 3ds. The pro controller takes getting used to. The flow is off when doing an arial instead of having the thumb go from top to bottom with the c stick (with the gc controller) the flow goes like neutral to up. It is kinda uncomfortable. You can charge smashes with the c stick.

The new ledge mechanics feel strange. Force of habit got to me and I tried to ledge hog someone. It puts you at a disadvantage to do that. You fly off up and backwards from the ledge. It feels unnatural but mostly because it caught me off guard when it happened.

The matches were fun Arceus showed up frequently. Toonlink doesn't have his brown hair color. All the colors for characters are much more solid colors. ZSS's pink outfit is red and Samus' blue outfit is more solid. The colors for this game are really good.

I got to play the demo quite a few times in very short instances. I may misremember somethings. If you have any questions just let me know!! :grin:

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
>Samus
>Missile canceling is gone
>Nair is a kick in the front then behind

I am genuinely worried for my love. What about z-air?

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I didn't really try it... sorry. All I did was try out moves I thought of. I didn't think to do that one. I'm not sure if there's lag on it or not. I know her grab reels in really quickly but thats just from footage.

I hope Sakurai was right when he said she was the best in the game.

Last edited:

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
(Not trying to advertise or post-pump or anything =P)

Brawl project I've been working on... Took more than a week to put together and edit. I'd even stay up until like 3 AM some days, just to work on this... Enjoy! =P
Ness Combo/Wi-Fi Highlights Video!

And I had SO many video files to go through.

6 Replays from 2012.
5 Replays from 2013.
96 Replays from 2014. (16 parts, each having 6 replays)
And this isn't even counting the replays I've already put on my channel.

Over 11 hours of matches. So worth it though! :p

Last edited:

kaazers

Smash Master
I knew it wouldn't be a tumbleweed gif!

I was prepared to say I expected it not to be a tumbleweed gif in case it wasn't though.
Cue tumbleweed gif (again)!

I come back in the nick of time to see this thread has been revived!

Somewhat....

Count Bleck is somewhat disappoint.
Haha, yeahhhh, this thread's pretty much on life support now.

BREATHE, THREAD, BREATHE, DAMMIT.

(Not trying to advertise or post-pump or anything =P)

Brawl project I've been working on... Took more than a week to put together and edit. I'd even stay up until like 3 AM some days, just to work on this... Enjoy! =P
Ness Combo/Wi-Fi Highlights Video!

And I had SO many video files to go through.

6 Replays from 2012.
5 Replays from 2013.
96 Replays from 2014. (16 parts, each having 6 replays)
And this isn't even counting the replays I've already put on my channel.

Over 11 hours of matches. So worth it though! :p
11 hours? Shoooooot.

Awesome vid, though... Dat Ness.

Can't figure out Nesses. They are one of maaaaany the bane of my existence

Last edited:

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Cue tumbleweed gif (again)!

Haha, yeahhhh, this thread's pretty much on life support now.

BREATHE, THREAD, BREATHE, DAMMIT.

11 hours? Shoooooot.

Awesome vid, though... Dat Ness.

Can't figure out Nesses. They are one of maaaaany the bane of my existence
Get on. Now.
wh0re

Last edited:

kaazers

Smash Master
Activity on the thread?
My, my.

This thread is really in need of life support right about now.

^This

Skype literally killed this thread. Y'alls need to stahp Skype.
Skype is pretty cool, though. Just wish everyone would post on the thread, too from time to time. I feel like the only one on Skype who still likes to post here, haha.

More than 5 posts in a 48 hour time span? We're on a roll.

Last edited:
Top Bottom