• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I wouldn't be surprised if there were several ALR nerfs in Near Gold (since there was a huge blanket ALR nerf to get moves to have a minimum of 7 frame of landing lag in GSH1 or 2 I don't remember).

Also setting up a time would sorta cause the same thing to go down that caused "this mess" to begin with. Best you just sit and wait so all the kinks can be worked out in one fell swoop.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
k I understand, do you have an ETA/EDA of when the final fixed version of Gold will be on brawlplus.net available for download?
I was also having some issues with near gold before, was the aerial lag reduction supposed to be nerfed in that version?
Where is the GCT placed? I've had this issue before with some codes, but it's only a matter of where the GCT is.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Some ALRs seemed to be changed around again in this version. Therefore I wouldn't be surprised if there were several ALR nerfs in Near Gold (since there was a huge blanket ALR nerf to get moves to have a minimum of 7 frame of landing lag in GSH1 or 2 I don't remember).

Also setting up a time would sorta cause the same thing to go down that caused "this mess" to begin with. Best you just sit and wait so all the kinks can be worked out in one fell swoop.
alright cool, in the mean time I'm okay with near gold, but I'm not down with the ALR nerfs.
Dairs in particular don't cancel nearly as much as before, and on a side note, Falco's reflector didn't pop opponents into the air, it just shocked them the way it does in vBrawl.

Where is the GCT placed? I've had this issue before with some codes, but it's only a matter of where the GCT is.
I always put my GCT's in the codes folder.

Revven

FrankerZ
Sounds like the .pac didn't download dude (as far as Falco's reflector goes). Anytime something seems vBrawlish means the .pac didn't download.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Actually I'm not sure about any of the ALRs right now. No one has a fully 'functional' set at this point so it's best to just reserve final opinions on really anything now. <_<

I believe your .pacs are corrupted...or rather you may not be using the .pacs at all? o_O

iLink

Smash Champion
I haven't experienced any freezing while actually playing. I just can't load FD, Halberd and Distant Planet without it freezing.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I believe your .pacs are corrupted...or rather you may not be using the .pacs at all? o_O
yes, I wasn't using the pac's, cuz my friend actually did the recommended download on to his SD card, and I copied the main GCT into my card's codes folder, so that would explain it.
But currently I moved the Gold GCT into a folder on my desktop, and the near Gold GCT back into my codes folder. So I currently have that along with anything else associated with Gold, including the .pacs that came with the recommended download from bp.net

In any case, once the developers finish removing the kinks, I'll just download everything again.

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone tell me how to load B+ with the sd loader using riivolution? Everytime I boot it up it tells me to insert disc then brings me back to the homebrew channel when I press a button.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Just in case, put a copy of the GCT in data/GeckOS/codes/. For me, ALR and momentum among other things won't work sometimes if I don't have a GCT there.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Just in case, put a copy of the GCT in data/GeckOS/codes/. For me, ALR and momentum among other things won't work sometimes if I don't have a GCT there.
umm.... I have an apps folder with a Gecko1901 folder inside, and inside that is a boot.elf, but there's only a codes folder in the root of the SD card.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
will wifi waiting room be removed?

I just updated and I'm getting marth and wolf and STGJungle.pac

why did they updated marth and wolf once again, I updated at noon, and now and I got those updates

1 - what are the changes for marth?

2 - what are the changes for wolf?

3 - where is wifi waiting room now?

4 - what is with rumble falls+?

Edit*

rumble fallz freeze :s

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Wow...How are all of these people having bugs? Mine is working perfectly now...Did something happen? o.o

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
will wifi waiting room be removed?

I just updated and I'm getting marth and wolf and STGJungle.pac

why did they updated marth and wolf once again, I updated at noon, and now and I got those updates

1 - what are the changes for marth?

2 - what are the changes for wolf?

3 - where is wifi waiting room now?

4 - what is with rumble falls+?
1. Marth is getting new physics, and a redone fair.

4. Think of Battlefield and then reverse the platforms with the 2 on top and 1 on the bottom.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
1. marth's final gold fair changes and air stopping mobility tweaks weren't implemented previously. now they are.

2. Wolf's Reflector has been fixed to have reflection on frame 1 while keeping Super Armor. In previous builds you may have noticed aerial Reflector had invincibility on frame 3. This was an oversight and is now gone.

3. *shrug* what's that? <_< >_>

4. RF+ is a pretty cool stage (especially for doubles although horizontal boundaries might be too small). Just try it out. Provide feedback to all our hardworking stage modders.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
what happened O.o

when I used the updatifier at noon it worked perfectly but rumblefallz+ wasn't there

and now that I update, luigi crashes upon dashing and mario can't jump nd if he does floats forever :s

I'll delete the fighter folder and redownload everything

and RumbleFallz+ just freezed :O

Rikana

Smash Champion
Many people are experiencing the freezes. Just wait for the announcement when they sort things out.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Pretty good. My Mario has been nerfed in the way I used to use him, but... I dunno, he just works better now, except against Luigi. I feel I can use this Mario for more combos, and actually got a great Fair kill with this new codeset. However, there are a few problems...

Downloading off the site, my title screen displays 6.0 codeset, not 7.0. Furthermore, Summit+ is... Tilted. I'll provide a picture if need be, but it's at a 30 degree angle and really weird. It's actually kind of annoying. Looks bad too. Now, I'm not reading through 90 pages of varied discussion, and I went back a couple already. Long story short, I just did my downloading about a half an hour ago, experiencing minor problems, and worried my codeset is not what it should be.

Furthermore, is there anyway to change the text on the main screens? I get the humor, but it's a bit more annoying than anything. I love the color schemes, so I don't want to get rid of it.

Oh, and Distant Planet's rain becomes static and doesn't disappear. I'm seriously thinking I've got some clashing issues. I used your Pre-made SD Card download.

El Raspa

Smash Apprentice
Please people be patient, they are fixing things, We have not to rush the team this time too

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
the problem with summit+ is a line is missing from the level freezer code. i'm going to quote this and add a tally mark for every person that comes in here complaining about it.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
My title screen also displays 6.0 Gold FINAL, but its not a big deal.
Does anyone know where I can obtain the near Gold pacs? I only see the Gold download on bplus.net.

Wanky

Smash Rookie
I ran the Updater and downloaded all of the files, went to Training and selected Captain Falcon, and upon dashing the game froze. :S

Lucina Clash

Smash Apprentice
The game is freezing at complete random now. People have been saying similar things, but here are two instances in which the game froze for no reason:

- Marth and Snake on Smashville. Marth got hit by a grenade, hit the ground. The game froze.

- Ness and Lucas on Frigate Orpheon. Ness knocks out Lucas and dashes to the left. The game froze.

I am just pointing these things out. I am not rushing you guys. Take your time with this. I wanted to just point these out so that when you fix the freezes, you have some more feedback from players who experience freezes. Good luck, guys. :-)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
how about you people chill the **** out. we said we'd have a fix for you *** holes in a little while. wait a god ****ed minute so we can fix tis ****. we know there are problems. everyone knows there are problems. stop *****ing, read the rest of the god ****ed topic, and shut the **** up.

proteininja

Smash Journeyman
Classy Hobo classy.

I think people wouldn't ***** and moan as much if We didn't wait for three months for a few updates to near gold, and when we finally got it it wasn't a little bit off. It was completely unplayable.

Now before your head explodes let me say as a programmer I understand. When someone individual parts are thrown together bugs are inevitable. I'm just trying to help you understand why the non programmers are so surprised.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
its fine for the non-programmers to be surprised/pissed. but none of them are reading the topic. we've had several pages now fo the same complaints, almost word for word. if they would just read then people might actually understand whats going on and just wait for the patch.

Wanky

Smash Rookie
I'm not *****ing or complaining, and there's no need to rage. But you as programmers should realize that there will be confusion, idiocy, and QQ when a product you push out has issues and problems.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
*****ing and demanding fixes in a program when the errors are already known is acceptable when the customer in question is paying for the product. When its done by a bunch of guys and girls out of their spare time for free then your *****ing becomes a display of your appreciation for things given to you.

Long story shot, don't ***** about the color of a cake when its given to you for free.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
To be completely honest, people don't wanna have to take the time to sift through pages, checking to see if someone has raised a similar issue. Human nature is to do the easier thing, just post the question.
*edit* If the question has been posed in the last 2 or 3 pages, then you have a point.
And I do agree with the non-programmer thing. It'd be different if there were just a few minor bugs, as the disclaimer did state, but the game is virtually unplayable. Seeing as it is, yall should've just told us to sit tight and gotten it perfect.

OceanBlue

Smash Apprentice
Rather, if I remember correctly, Captain Falcon was used many times in the stream. Why was everything working fine in the debut stream? Considering that the problems didn't show up on the stream, it makes sense that no one caught these before this was released.

Revven

FrankerZ
Because it wasn't the final build, it was a pre-final build of the final build, which lacked the code that is causing all of these issues. Once again, I kindly ask that this discussion stops here and you all just wait like you usually do.

LaserCatz

Smash Rookie
I downloaded the updater loaded gecko loaded brawl plus gold went to training tried to play c. falcon on final destination started to move and the game froze...i tried on battlefield and the same thing happened,is this happening to other people? redownloaded the updater with the same results,any idea how to fix this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom