• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Is there a "st_exploit.bin" in sd:\private\wii\app\RSBE\st\ ?

If so, delete it.

iLink

Smash Champion
I keep getting freezes in the stage select screen for sometime now.

Everytime i play vBrawl(and vBrawl with texture + music aka file patch code) with my SD card in my Wii, the game freezes everytime i go to the stage select screen. The freeze occurs in 2 seconds. Now i'm having this problem in Brawl+ 7.0 Gold. I didn't had this problem back in Near Gold for some reason. Anyone know the problem?

And looks like other freezes in 7.0 are being known O_o. I know they are getting fixed though
Yah I'm getting the same problem. I'm trying what Bionic just said though.

EDIT: It stopped freezing on the SSS but when I try to pick FD, it does that buzzy noise and freezes.

EDIT EDIT: Same with Halberd and Distant Planet.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: No noticeable changes to Sumit or Porktown, Pictochat and Port Town seem to work how they should though.

I'm still using the Gecko method instead of the Riivolution if that makes any difference.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So I've said this twice before (way back) and was ignored. Why hasn't the wall jumping code been switched back to scar jumping but with a delay (60 frames makes more sense than 64, too)? The current code makes it no different than vBrawl's wall-jump (except for wall-clingers), since you can't wall jump off the same wall again (even after using a double jump)...
Don't tell me that was the point...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I tried using the Homebrew Updatifier and it said it couldn't download the file...What gives?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I thought we'd be using the new SSS code(PWs version) to just include WWR on the stage selection screen rather than have it replace something.

proteininja

Smash Journeyman
Are those fixes going to be released some time today? Because it sounds like there are a lot of freezing issues.

Veril

Frame Savant
We will, once we get all of these issues fixed.
OMG tornados!

Few things I really noticed:

1. Rumble Falls+ was intended to be included, so that was an oversight that is easily fixable.
2. WWR was supposed to replace Flatzone
3. The below quote. Everything in it is true.

Well, I know why The Summit is doing that, now that I took a closer look at the Level Freezer code.

Okay, so the current Level Freezer code is WAY out of date...

From top to bottom here are the changes that needs to be made...

Blue are lines that needs to be added, red are lines that need to be taken out immediately, and orange are lines that should be taken out, since they serve no real purpose, and will eventually need to be taken out, anyway.

Level Freezer
42000000 90000000
0416A904 00000000
2A180F3A 00000015

2A180F3A 00000017 Summit needs to be frozen to not have it tilt! (Yes, it's because of this.)

0416A904 3E4CCCCC Luigi's Mansion slowdown needs to be removed, since it's no
2A180F3A 00000004 longer necessary to slow it down due to the fix.
0416A904 3F000000 Not as important to remove right now, but Mushroomy Kingdom should be while
2A180F3A 00000005 you're at it, since a fix is in development that doesn't need the slowdown.

0416A904 3F2AAAAB
2A180F3A 00000024 Should definitely be removed, due to the fixed Pictochat.
2A180F3A 0000002D
2A180F3A 00000031 Big Blue's slowdown wasn't effective, and Big Blue is being worked on, anyway.
0416A904 BF800000
2A180F3A 00000014
2A180F3A 0000001C
2A180F3A 00000020 Add this, since New Pork City needs to be reverse with the current .pac.
0416A904 3F800000
E0000000 80008000

And correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there talk about freezing Castle Seige?

proteininja

Smash Journeyman
The reason I asked is because I don't want to make all of those freezer fixes myself if you guys are just going to do it for me. So, are the easy fixes going to be applied some time today?

Veril

Frame Savant
The reason I asked is because I don't want to make all of those freezer fixes myself if you guys are just going to do it for me. So, are the easy fixes going to be applied some time today?
Yes, of course. We ran into a lot of issues yesterday because the formatting of the text file I had sent out initially had gotten f***ed up, and because I couldn't get in touch with Corey to ask about the level freezer code. Everything Wave posted about that code was correct, I'm just not savvy enough with that, Blind was exhausted and working on a pretty crucial code with Kirk at the time, and couldn't contact Corey due to those pesky tornados.

I've got to work in the lab until around 2, than I have class at 4, and against at 6. I'll probably end up working on this between and during class.

Corey, Blind, Bio, all need to contact me at some point after 2 pm, I'll try and sneak onto the IRC at that time.

The buggy stuff will be addressed asap.

The changelist was stalled due to several of the people involved with that portion of the project flaking out (redeem yo'selves plz), and notably the huge number of sakurai angle changes to include now. There will be a changelist, but as anyone knows (who has attempted to actually make a changelist and keep it updated during a "renovation") these are extremely time consuming and frustrating when people are getting you .pacs without clearly specified changes.

I'm going to hold off on making a new thread for gold until all of this is cleared up.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I can't test it yet. :( I'm haven't been home for 4 days. I might be able to try it out tonight. I hope Charizard has decent enough changes to make me continue playing Brawl+.

shanus

Smash Hero
Yes, of course. We ran into a lot of issues yesterday because the formatting of the text file I had sent out initially had gotten f***ed up, and because I couldn't get in touch with Corey to ask about the level freezer code. Everything Wave posted about that code was correct, I'm just not savvy enough with that, Blind was exhausted and working on a pretty crucial code with Kirk at the time, and couldn't contact Corey due to those pesky tornados.

I've got to work in the lab until around 2, than I have class at 4, and against at 6. I'll probably end up working on this between and during class.

Corey, Blind, Bio, all need to contact me at some point after 2 pm, I'll try and sneak onto the IRC at that time.

The buggy stuff will be addressed asap.

The changelist was stalled due to several of the people involved with that portion of the project flaking out (redeem yo'selves plz), and notably the huge number of sakurai angle changes to include now. There will be a changelist, but as anyone knows (who has attempted to actually make a changelist and keep it updated during a "renovation") these are extremely time consuming and frustrating when people are getting you .pacs without clearly specified changes.

I'm going to hold off on making a new thread for gold until all of this is cleared up.
Your code you had Kirk write is inefficient, uses variables which don't exist (and can probably overwrite random ASM in game and cause crashes), and doesn't hit every injection point.

I already wrote one a while ago which we aren't even using for P:M which should work better than what you have now. I already shared in the WBR that I wrote it, I don't know why you guys didn't contact me about it lol

Alphatron

Smash Champion
With Rivo, PAL players can finally have custom music.

And WWR shouldn't replace anything anymore. I thought MK26 was working on an SSS to simply include it. >_>

money113

Smash Cadet
Will anyone make a changelist anytime in the foreseeable future? Or will this be like 6.0?

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Changelist has been and is still being worked on.

I'll be here all afternoon to help finish up the issues.

And WWR shouldn't replace anything anymore. I thought MK26 was working on an SSS to simply include it. >_>
We just need to finalize a layout and then it will be included with the updated level freezer.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Um, is the filepatch code not included in the GeckoOS GCT? I've downloaded it a couple of times, and none of the character specific changes have been loaded.

I'm using neogamma, if that makes any difference. If I understand it correctly, neogamma works just like GeckoOS, so this can't be the reason...

GolfDude

Smash Rookie
i am using the riivolution method, and it loads the straploader fine (the buffer screen) but doenst load the title screen that says what version of brawl plus it is, just the standard title screen).. all other hacks work, but the title screen seem to be broken

zaf

Smash Lord
You don't need a changelist to play it. Stop complaining about it and let them do their work. If you play your chars and can't notice a difference then :

a- there wasnt a change from the last build
b- you are too suck to actually see the difference in your char.

i was able to find the changes on my chars without a changelist, most of you can if you stop being lazy. then there is chibo ( who is just the worst) who will always ask for a changelist regardless of whats said.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i thought Yeroc sent veril the new GCT i made with him the other day (at least for the summit+ to work right). anyway, its not a hard fix to get it working right. hopefully this will all be straightened out soon and we can enjoy the *****in' new stages.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
i thought Yeroc sent veril the new GCT i made with him the other day (at least for the summit+ to work right). anyway, its not a hard fix to get it working right. hopefully this will all be straightened out soon and we can enjoy the *****in' new stages.
I saw that, Summit+ didn't worked, I facepalmed ^^

the stage is very good, now that the plats were edited it's not a stall fest stage ^^

I guess I need to use your code again ^^

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i think i'll make a test SSS in addition to the WBRs.... either way, we have some plans to make telling what stage is neutral/cp/banned, but as of now its not a really high priority.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
*ahem* Wave? :p
New nickname for Sir Haruhi? :p

By the way...what exactly are the changes to the stages downloaded through the Updater?

Currently I figured:

Pokemon Stadium II: Horizontal boundary changes
The Summit+: When it works will be Frozn's revamp
PictoChat: ??? (is this Frozn's revision too?)
Rumble Falls+: Seems to be the revision that doesn't fix Pokemon Trainer yet?
Yoshi's Island (Brawl): Seems to be some boundary changes too?

The rest IDK about. @_@

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
yeah, picto is mine. i think today i'm going to fix PT's position on RF+. its too annoying watching him run back and forth across air. @_@

VietGeek

Smash Hero
yeah, picto is mine. i think today i'm going to fix PT's position on RF+. its too annoying watching him run back and forth across air. @_@
I already did that I believe (fixing PT). Check the post I made with the Link stabbing PT picture. Should be the second download link. Feel free to polish it if necessary however.

proteininja

Smash Journeyman
I just used the updateifier to download the latest official of brawl+. When my roommate attempts to dash dance with captain falcon the game freezes. It may have nothing to do with either, but I've done two different stages and it froze both times as he attempted to dash dance.

proteininja

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I expected to be buggy, but I didn't expect it to be completely unplayable. I started it up a third time, put it on a stage with no pac, and ordered my roommate to not dash dance. It still froze after about 20 seconds. Are you guys able to play it?

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Okay, I did the auto-installer from Brawl+.net and did the recommended download on to my SD card (option 1). It retextured a bunch of my **** like the wii remote safety screen, Gecko and the brawl start screen, which is fine, but it also retextured all my stages. But to top it off, the game was virtually unplayable. I selected Link vs a CPU DK, I jumped and he floated way up in the air, nothing was auto-canceling, and after 10 seconds the game froze...
Why would they release the version while its still so ****ed up???

Revven

FrankerZ
Again, it is a faulty code, it's already been fixed and among other things are being added that aren't in the thing that has been released. People wanted it out on time and (once again) it was rushed out.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
k I understand, do you have an ETA/EDA of when the final fixed version of Gold will be on brawlplus.net available for download?
I was also having some issues with near gold before, was the aerial lag reduction supposed to be nerfed in that version?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
They're... working on it right now? They only posted about that several times. It's the level freezer.

EDIT: Too... slow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom