• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Ok its not hard importing animations, but i doubt they would have gone through the trouble of doing that. If their positions are all out of whack, then yes they are using other peoples animations, but if they are normal, just with different animations, then you have something to talk about.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Nope, while they're doing the taunts, they look completely normal, not glitchy at all.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I thought moveset swap made the character look glitchy or disproportionate. Tuant swapping doesn't do this at all?

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Really? Oh, because I thought that taunts freeze while using a moveset swap hack.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Not only that but I'm pretty sure you can't stack triple movesets onto one character. I could be wrong though

shukakusand

Smash Rookie
Hey Pharrox,

I know you don't know me but...could I please be a beta tester?

Also, just to say, I won't leak it or show any pictures of the
models to anyone but you at least until I can.

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
They didn't. Notice that the camera changed between every taunt. I'd still like to know how he did what he did though.
It was just some moveswaps. If you look carefully, when they do Falco's taunt, the three swordsmen look slightly shorter and a little more portly. This was uploaded way before people were even dreaming about PSA, and the uploader is a machinimater not a coder.

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
What is his mail?
I sent an email quite a time ago but didn't get any response, so I bet it was the wrong one ^^"

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
He usually doesn't respond instantly.
This ;)

There were some holdups caused by the order in which Brawl loads files (very weird) so I haven't sent anything out. I'm probably not going to respond to any of the request emails until I have something 100% ready.

I can load models if they have (pretty much) the exact same properties as the ones they're replacing, but there are still three bytes that I haven't been able to figure out. Yesterday I used gecko took notes how they're used , so hopefully I can get it from my notes (not too experienced with gecko).

Sorry for the delay. I figured I'd let people request as long as I'm still working, then go through the requests before sending anything out.

Smash Ace
Take your time pharrox, im still finishing up on some models that no one knows about. Except maybe StackSmash and other people, most of them form ESH.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
1. Pharrox, I was wondering if I can be a beta tester. A while back, I helped in finding a few of the texture formats for AIS. If it's not much trouble, just PM me if I can beta test.

2. Anyone who has a roy model, Can you plz post it, or send it to me? thanx

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
1. Pharrox, I was wondering if I can be a beta tester. A while back, I helped in finding a few of the texture formats for AIS. If it's not much trouble, just PM me if I can beta test.

2. Anyone who has a roy model, Can you plz post it, or send it to me? thanx
It even says on this page if you want to try out email him, don't post it here. XD

Kryal

Smash Ace
Pharrox, you're impossible to find! I'm trying to get a model viewer put together, but the polygon definitions are giving me problems. It seems to relate to the 'extra' data in the polygon elements, and it makes the vertices jump out of place. Are there any resources available where I can look at these data structures? I've been looking at other model viewers and they don't seem to help, and I don't feel like spending six months on model formats like you have. ;)

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
I sent you a pm. :)

For anyone else curious about an update, I have two of the bytes figured out and now I'm just stuck on the last three bits of the third. Hopefully I'll have that figured out today.

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm surprised you're stuck on a single byte, of all things. Great work, eagerly anticipating what this tool can do for the customization of Brawl.

Skieth

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone starked working on a Black Shadow model to replace Ganondorf with? I'm just curious... I'm a terrible 3D modeller but I might try and tackle this.

Zephron

Smash Ace
VILE, you appear to be working on many models using 3DS Max and I am very happy to hear that. (Megaman in particular.)

I haven't ever used 3DS Max before and it's really daunting. I am willing to learn, and I want to, but I'm just so confused. Guides can't answer the specific questions I keep wondering.

Could you, or someone else in this topic knowledgeable on 3ds Max help me?

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
helps if you pose a question, besides just randomly posting the phrase "help me"

3dsmax is a deep and complex program, and for beginners it's hard to see past all the useless tools.

but anyway the base concept is the same for all and any 3d program. start with something basic, and keep adding edges to it to define curves and crevices.

by the way here's some quick notes I made for a modding guide for my forum years ago. it might help you.

======================================================
-SECTION 2- [3DMAX]
======================================================
We will be learning the basics of 3d max, and how to create some basic objects

Introduction
I'll cover your basics, what you need, and how to use it. just bare in mind it took me 3years to get past the intimidation that is 3dmax. just remember practice, practice, practice. also make some sticky notes, it'll help speed up your learning, really!
Alright, so now you are asking, what the heck do i need to do this. well A you need 3dmax (3dmax8, 3dmax9, or 3dmax2008)
So you can download 3dmax as a trial, or you can also purchase the product at their main site www.autodesk.com/3dsmax. and please no >> show your support, common. ;)
*Download and Install until you read on to the next step

Orientation of 3Dmax
Now assuming you have 3dmax now installed on your computer. I will overview the UI (user interface) and how you will get around it.
I'll show this through various screenshots, to show the break down of the areas i will be explaining :D

A. - File Menu
this is real simple... you need only pay attention to your save as/save option here. this will save your progress so it is not lost forever! - save often.
merge may also become helpful to you, as you can, you guessed it! ..combine 2 of your saved files into on, big file.
Import/Export are primarily used for trading models from other 3d programs, which comes in handy. it supports a large library of other formats :) More commonly doa will comes as (*.3ds)

B. - MainToolBar

we have 5 tools, the ones i don't know, i labeled with ?? these will not be covered.
Pointer - well it is like a normal pointer finger.. it doesn't do anything but look like a spearhead.. haha you figure that one out.

List Manager - click this will open a new box, which will show you everything you have open in the scene. like the model you have in it, or a light you create, bones, what ever you make it will be listed here.

Mover - This will move your model, or other objects in the scene like cameras, lights, etc and reposition them based on X Y Z. you can see in this diagram how each of the veiwports control each of the XYZ'z

X - Left/Right
Y - Up/Down
Z - Back/Forth
Perspective is cool, it controls these all at once and shows the scene in full 3d!
And while we are on the topic of veiwports, i will show you this other diagram;

by right clicking on the upper left text in the corner of each wiewport, you will have options to change what view you want to have. incase you want to re arrange your setup or you can also toggle on and off wire or shade mode here

Rotator - Again this is simple, instead of moving side to side, up and down, this just rotates, turns whatever objects are in your scene to whatever angle you wish.

Resizer - This will make the things smaller or bigger, really comes in handy :)

C. - Snap Tool

This invention really helps. say you have 2 boxes and you want to bud them right to each other. well this will snap them together, perfectly without a gap. i won't be using this much at all in further tuts, but ever good app has snap, and here is this one.

also right clicking on the snap button will bring up the options for snap, which you can then toggle how snap will work, ok.

D. - Mirror Tool

yet again another tool i probably will not speak of again, but this tool will mirror your work and create a double. good for making models from scratch.

E. - Command Panel
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! this controls everything you want to do or create, everything is done from this side panel.
here we will really need to deal with these 2 Tabs in the panel

The pointer tab is the Creation tab, and the blue bridge is the Modifier tab
Here I'll show a frame frame of each sub tab under the Create tab

I've also highlighted in purple what you would normally use under each subtab when creating that sort of thing.
Now the Modifier Tab this really can't be explained until you have an object/model in you scene. but once you do you will have a drop down with many options.

F. - Navigation Controls
This is what you use to rotate the perspective viewerport around your model to get a better look at things. try it out

There are 3 ones you'll primarily use. Zoom, Pan and Rotate
Alternatively these navi controls can be done with the mouse's scroll button.
Scrolling = Zoom
Hold Scroll+Drag = Pan
hold both Ctrl key + Scroll Button = Rotate.

G. - World Space
It sounds cooler then it really is, this will just display the position in XYZ of an object or model you highlight. also Pressing F12 will bring up a floating window, of the world space display, encase you want to move it around..

H. - Property Menu
Oops forgot to label it in the initial UI diagram.. ok heres another shot of it. you'll get this when you right click on an object or model in any of the viewports.

useful are the hide/unhide commands, these can help you hide cameras or or other models that are cluttering up you scene. freeze also works simular but leaves a grey outline of the object frozen. Also pay attention to the convert to menu you may need this later on, ok.

Smash Ace
Its all gone...

My mom deleted so much ****.

SO MUCH OF MY ****ING STUFF IS GONE, INCLUDING ABOUT 20 MODELS I HAVE MADE. Guys im sorry is there is a huge delay on everything (except megaman, my uncle has a backup of him), but this is really ****en gay, my whole portfolio is gone.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
That really sucks man. Such is the price of sharing computers and it truly sucks. Did she empty everything or will one of those undelete programs help?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Its all gone...

SO MUCH OF MY ****ING STUFF IS GONE, INCLUDING ABOUT 20 MODELS I HAVE MADE. Guys im sorry is there is a huge delay on everything (except megaman, my uncle has a backup of him), but this is really ****en gay, my whole portfolio is gone.
That's terrible.

If you have a windows, you might be able to create a new folder of the same name in the same place, and hit right-click and then Restore previous versions.

Might be Vista specific, but it's worth mentioning.

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
Its all gone...

That sucks so much... Parents just don't appreciate.

If the previous two suggestions don't work, you could try a system restore. That'll definitely get back everything she deleted.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that really sucks.

I really hope you can recover it using one of the methods listed above. The first thing I would say is to try to use a recovery program first, then try some of the restore methods. The fewer things that are done before attempting recovery the better the chance you'll succeed.

At least on my end, I now understand how all the values that were causing me problems work. It's going to be kinda hard to generate, but now that I know what I have to do it should be done fairly quickly.

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
OMG, that really sucks VILE ._.
Why is your mum delting stuff from your PC? WTH?!

@Pharrox: Gratz :) I can't wait!

Zephron

Smash Ace
@mariokart64n

Oh no, I do have specific questions, but the fact you were willing to help me and provide good information made me want to thank you and test those things out.

This isn't a Q & A thread so I'll just PM you any specific questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom