• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
It's been about 7 months since I've been last on this site, and zomfg you guys have been busy. This is crazy O:

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Well I finally got access to a copy of Max, so hopefully I'll be able to help a bit more with that soon.

The first conversion will just be putting an extracted model back into the game with no changes. When I do get the first new model hack I will release it.

I had computer problems on my last couple days off, so I haven't done much work lately. My hours have been cut coming up, so hopefully I can make up for it.
Hopefully its the character we all knew and loved. Some say he was terrible, despite being a beast in the game he is from. PICHU MUST BE FIRST MODEL! :D

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Hopefully its the character we all knew and loved. Some say he was terrible, despite being a beast in the game he is from. PICHU MUST BE FIRST MODEL! :D
Ah...no.
>_> Roy would probably be first...followed by Mewtwo...unless there is something else gong on.

I've been trying to understand what you guys have been doing but... I can't.

Could someone summarize the current progress?
>_> They have managed to successfully take the models OUT of the game, and they are editable, and now they're working on how to force it back in, as new characters and such.

D

Deleted member

so how far are you progressing on putting a model back in?

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Ah...no.
>_> Roy would probably be first...followed by Mewtwo...unless there is something else gong on.
Actually, the first model will probably be a Pikachu hack. Pikachu is my main referrence when I am writing this, and the very first version will probably only work with him and a few of other characters (Kirby, Zelda, ICs, I believe). Not that I'm saying it will be Pichu, though. Anyone have a Pichu model lying around?

so how far are you progressing on putting a model back in?
Well it's pretty close to being done. I need to add the main pointer table, and a pointer table to identify textures/materials. Also there is a problem with the way the weights are mapped, but I think I'm just missing a break statement somewhere. I just need a couple of days off and I think I can wrap it up. Hopefully the game won't crash, it could delay it much longer if I have to match the originals perfectly.

dylanwtn

Smash Rookie
This is amazing. I've been hoping for this for a long time. Will this mean we can turn trophies and assist trophies into playable characters? I would love to play as Waluigi or Jeff.

Gundamsdboy

Smash Apprentice
I think one of the first should be Megaman off of Samus. That would be pretty close- just make the shoulders a lot smaller and the legs a lot bigger.

iSpiN

Smash Journeyman
Actually, the first model will probably be a Pikachu hack. Pikachu is my main referrence when I am writing this, and the very first version will probably only work with him and a few of other characters (Kirby, Zelda, ICs, I believe). Not that I'm saying it will be Pichu, though. Anyone have a Pichu model lying around?
\
*checks* I found a Pichu trophy, you can't do anything with that?

*lurks threads moar carefully*

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
This'll be awesome once released.

Instead of just new characters, it'd be nice to have some cool edits for normal characters.

I'd like to see a Dr. Mario. How hard could that be?

My only thing is... how would animations for moves and such work for model swaps?

bleyva

Smash Ace
This is amazing. I've been hoping for this for a long time. Will this mean we can turn trophies and assist trophies into playable characters? I would love to play as Waluigi or Jeff.
I think one of the first should be Megaman off of Samus. That would be pretty close- just make the shoulders a lot smaller and the legs a lot bigger.
This'll be awesome once released.

Instead of just new characters, it'd be nice to have some cool edits for normal characters.

I'd like to see a Dr. Mario. How hard could that be?

My only thing is... how would animations for moves and such work for model swaps?
you guys seem to be getting pretty excited over a project that still has a ways to go from completion from the looks of it. maybe we should hold off on talks of megaman or waluigi until the situation calls for it (not to mention the fact that the latter's character model wouldnt even really fit into a decent brawl moveset).

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
you guys seem to be getting pretty excited over a project that still has a ways to go from completion from the looks of it. maybe we should hold off on talks of megaman or waluigi until the situation calls for it (not to mention the fact that the latter's character model wouldnt even really fit into a decent brawl moveset).
oh ok sorry for being excited:ohwell:

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
The very fist model we do (if and when this is completed) would be Roy, simply because we already have a moveset made for him. After that would be simple clone characters like Dr Mario or something, until we get some way to modify animations entirely or some better version of moveset swapping (to swap individual moves and also make the animations work). Other than that, expect things like Dark Samus or Dr Mario or something. Direct clones that have identical move animations with the only changes being the moves' stats or effects.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
The very fist model we do (if and when this is completed) would be Roy, simply because we already have a moveset made for him. After that would be simple clone characters like Dr Mario or something, until we get some way to modify animations entirely or some better version of moveset swapping (to swap individual moves and also make the animations work). Other than that, expect things like Dark Samus or Dr Mario or something. Direct clones that have identical move animations with the only changes being the moves' stats or effects.
yea thats more or less what i expected... which is still great. I have several that could work well and only require small edits to character models.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Actually Mewtwo is a better decision. Personally i wont make a Roy model straight away coz i could make something way more badass than a less gay version of Marth, like Cloud, Sephiroth or Zack (IMO the most wanted models coz its like FF7 and its never gonna happen legit). A Roy model probably will be made straight away coz everyone is like fiddling with themselves over being able to have Roy, but why? Think outside the box, WE CAN HAVE A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MODEL!!! We could have a Grey Fox model or something that isnt SSB related all together. Just have a good think about stuff instead of reviving over-rated SSBM characters.

Vile, pretty much everything you just applied to Roy can be applied in reverse back onto the FFVII characters you mentioned. xD

Anyway, I really hope this works. The possibilities are absolutely endless with model hacking. I'm quite interested to see what the community comes up with. The textures so far have been excellent, but when we have control over the model as well? Awesome.

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
Roy is a must for brawl, hope the importer works on marth's character files. marth is the only character we can actually use for cloud, and seth imports too.

..oh and ganon, so I can put master chief in. :)

Apocolypse3000

Smash Cadet
I really hope I'm not disrupting the flow of the conversation here but I can't seem to find an answer to my problem. I'm using 3Ds Max 2010 and I got the nextgen collada plugin. However, when I use the ais0.1.3 provided by Pharrox (thank you) and import the resulting .dae files all I get is a bunch of dots that have a faint resemblance to a character in T-stance. Is there a way around this or do I have to get 3DS Max 2009. If I can get the models I willing to rig as many as I can to save other ppl the trouble.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
o_o I knew you were using Pikachu for tests, so I completely forgot about all the sense it would make to do a Pikachu-based one first. XD.

I think PZT said he had a Pichu model or something.

Well it's pretty close to being done. I need to add the main pointer table, and a pointer table to identify textures/materials. Also there is a problem with the way the weights are mapped, but I think I'm just missing a break statement somewhere. I just need a couple of days off and I think I can wrap it up. Hopefully the game won't crash, it could delay it much longer if I have to match the originals perfectly.
Nice. But if you do need to match the originals, how long do you think it would take to overcome that?

Actually Mewtwo is a better decision. Personally i wont make a Roy model straight away coz i could make something way more badass than a less gay version of Marth, like Cloud, Sephiroth or Zack (IMO the most wanted models coz its like FF7 and its never gonna happen legit). A Roy model probably will be made straight away coz everyone is like fiddling with themselves over being able to have Roy, but why? Think outside the box, WE CAN HAVE A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MODEL!!! We could have a Grey Fox model or something that isnt SSB related all together. Just have a good think about stuff instead of reviving over-rated SSBM characters.
>_> Please fanboy-gasm somewhere else. Most wanted models are the ones they're working on now, i.e. the dropped characters.

If you want to play Cloud/Sephiroth in a fighting game go get Dissidia.

-DD

dylanwtn

Smash Rookie
Roy, Mewtwo, and Pichu. are the only characters from Melee I would like to see brought back. Dr. Mario and young link were not that impressive to me. But that's just my opinion. Although it would be nice to see Dr. Mario again. Do you think it would be possible to bring back the completely scrapped characters like Dixie Kong and what is assumed to be Pulse and Minun?

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
Once the coding is finished, I assume, decisions on new characters will be made. ;]

I'm guessing everyone will be able to add new characters once this is finished, similar to texture downloading... The main issue is whether to make them official or not.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Roy, Mewtwo, and Pichu. are the only characters from Melee I would like to see brought back. Dr. Mario and young link were not that impressive to me. But that's just my opinion. Although it would be nice to see Dr. Mario again. Do you think it would be possible to bring back the completely scrapped characters like Dixie Kong and what is assumed to be Pulse and Minun?
Their files are empty dude. They'd have to get a model somewhere else.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
@Vile, well if you want to make an entire moveset for mewtwo (including new animations for like ALL of his moves) then go ahead, but we have a working Roy moveset that can work NOW and the model would simply be completing the character. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to make Mewtwo just spin around with his tail extended on the ground (melee d-tilt), but there's no way it can be as simple as just...making Roy use our already made moveset.

As much as you think he's just a less gay version of Marth, you'd be suprised just how many people were disappointed that he's gone. It's not that I don't want Mewtwo, it's just that Roy would be easier to work with and can probably even be made official with a new model and 4 move tweaks. Multihit upsmash, up B, and side B (third hit down, along with an animation change here), and an animation change for neutral B. Finished character.

@Pharrox, that's fine take your time. It'd be cool if you could try to get it for Marth, but it's fine if you want to test it on a few others first.

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
isn't it somehow possible to rip Mewtwo out of Melee, including the complete and entire moveset?

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
1. Will this require more of the revolution SDK?
2. Are there any free programs that would be compatable with this?

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Lol everyone is having a freak at me coz i was using FF7 characters as an example. Im not being a fanboy, im just stating that we can do so much more than make melee. FYI Roy was my main, i was very disappointed when he wasn't in brawl, im just saying that we can do better than reviving a game that was made ages ago. You guys can go make hundreds of Roy models, i dont care, im just saying that im going to bring something different than melee here.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Lol everyone is having a freak at me coz i was using FF7 characters as an example. Im not being a fanboy, im just stating that we can do so much more than make melee. FYI Roy was my main, i was very disappointed when he wasn't in brawl, im just saying that we can do better than reviving a game that was made ages ago. You guys can go make hundreds of Roy models, i dont care, im just saying that im going to bring something different than melee here.
>_> And that will come in time.
The melee characters are the most in demand, and are probably the easiest to implement, so they get priority.

Don't forget Brawl+ is supposed to be a Competitive game, so with every character they add they need to super-duper balance everything, which is a lot of work, aside from all the bugs and stuff that are bound to pop up.

-DD

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
I think you got that wrong, DarkDragoon. It doesn't matter what people want the most, it matters what the people who will make the models want to make. Also, Brawl+ is a different project than this; maybe they'll overlap at times, but they're not one and the same.

Lucania

Smash Rookie
I don't know if it's the right moment (or place) to ask... :ohwell:

Some characters have problems with the eye polygons. In 3ds Max it happens when the model is converted into a editable poly. Here's Lucas for example.

But it seems that in Maya it has the same problem.

Any clue of how to solve this? :confused:

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
The melee characters are the most in demand, and are probably the easiest to implement, so they get priority.

Don't forget Brawl+ is supposed to be a Competitive game, so with every character they add they need to super-duper balance everything, which is a lot of work, aside from all the bugs and stuff that are bound to pop up.

-DD
Speak for yourself! there are plenty of people out there that will make their own models, and even me wanting number 4 (kids next door) as a ness costume, i might give it a shot. Also, i know brawl + is "good" but i'm not using it much for 1 reason, i use music hacks, and i can't load all the coads with the backup loader. Also, i think that the FF characters would be great to have in there. i like roy, but thinking outside the (lame) 5 is where i'm at XP

bleyva

Smash Ace
-DD
the melee characters are in demand? by who? i didnt know anyone gave a rats *** about pichu or his potential return. :ohwell:

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Roy and Mewtwo are the only Melee characters really wanted (with Roy actually having movesets changes). Pichu, Young Link, and Doc can pretty much just live as texture edits. Though if one wanted them back, they'd be easier to do then alot of these other characters tossed around this thread.

Wow. Brawl is becoming a 2nd MUGEN. Not that that's a bad thing (as long as the unbalanced crap is kept away from Brawl+ of course).

Hostility in the Model Extractor thread, it seems. xD

I'd honestly rather see new, quality model hacks than 80 custom models of Cloud or Roy ranging from good to eye-burningly awful.
Something original would be nice as well, but you can't expect much. People will make what they like, and everybody seems to like the same things. As long as they look good, I'll be happy.

Also, you can load Brawl+ with the backup loader, or even the USB Loader. Just get the Brawl+ Tweaker and use the Snapshot Method. I use Music Hacks too, so it's what I use.

KAZECoyote

Smash Cadet
I don't know if it's the right moment (or place) to ask... :ohwell:

Some characters have problems with the eye polygons. In 3ds Max it happens when the model is converted into a editable poly. Here's Lucas for example.

But it seems that in Maya it has the same problem.

Any clue of how to solve this? :confused:
Have you tried the smooth modifier in 3ds?

btw, does anyone know how to flip the normals? the models are inside out...(probably asked millions of times)

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Speak for yourself! there are plenty of people out there that will make their own models, and even me wanting number 4 (kids next door) as a ness costume, i might give it a shot. Also, i know brawl + is "good" but i'm not using it much for 1 reason, i use music hacks, and i can't load all the coads with the backup loader. Also, i think that the FF characters would be great to have in there. i like roy, but thinking outside the (lame) 5 is where i'm at XP
So...does this mean you guys wouldn't be willing to make a Roy for us?:(

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
guys, you're really arguing over nothing, ur each gonna hav ur own copy of hacked brawl, so what vile had will not affect dark sonic or dark dragoon, honestly what are you arguing about? pharrox said there will be GUI, or watever so ull all be able to do this by urself, for the most part, as long as the models are rigged, it will eventually be just like texture hacking. on a different note @apocalypse 2000, I have collected a whole bunch of models that I want to put in brawl can u rig and possibly t pose a few of them? that would be awesome cuz I'm no good with models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom