• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl = KirbyKirby(Everyone Else)KirbyKirby Thread

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so I've decided to post this here, as it really can't fit anywhere else.

*SPOILERS*
Okay, so here’s my official Kirby conspiracy theory. I don’t believe that Sakurai is a malicious imp trying to screw with people’s lives, but I really do think that Brawl is mostly about the Kirby series. So I guess this is more of a Kirby Fascism theory. Note that although Mother/Earthbound series also got more representation than it deserved in terms of bosses, music, characters, etc., it is far less prevalent than Kirby.

The most obvious is the series representation. Kirby, with three characters in the starting roster, gains both MK and D3, while in the final roster Mario loses the Doc, Zelda gets a Young Link makeover, Pokemon loses M2 (okay, at least they replace him, unlike Mario), and Metroid still doesn’t have Ridley. I appreciate that Kirby deserved a second rep in Melee and most likely three in Brawl, but this just isn’t fair representation when so many other series were slighted.

The next reason is SSE, supposedly the biggest and most awesome addition to the SSB franchise. Look at all of the stuff brought in for series outside of characters. Mario series has Bowser’s clown car and Petey Piranha (lame). Legend of Zelda has a sword (uber lame). Starfox has some ships. Pokemon gets Rayquaza (and no M2). Metroid gets Ridley (should have been playable). Kirby gets a warp star, but that’s not all. It also gets MK’s ship, which serves as a major goal/battle zone and the primary mode of transportation to confront the antagonists’ “super-ship” thing. Kirby is also the one who destroys the super-ship thing with the Dragoon star, which also happens to be the most powerful item in the game (since when was Kirby racing relevant to the Kirby series? Mario Kart and Diddy Kong Racing are considered cop-out spin-offs of the Mario and DK series). At the very end of SSE at the turning point of the plot where all of the characters are turned into trophies and all hope seems lost, what is it that saves them? Oh, D3’s stupid little medallions (how should that make sense? And forgive me for not having played Kirby very much, but are those even canon to the Kirby games?). And, of course, through a not-so-clever plot twist, Kirby happens to be one of the three (out of thirty or so characters) that is “surprisingly” revived. In conclusion, SSE is all about Kirby.

I’ve already noted that the most powerful and individualized item in the game is from an obscure Kirby game, but even Brawl’s music betrays Sakurai’s favoritism (albeit, very discreetly). Cut content hidden in the game disc has revealed that all of the characters were intended to have their own victory theme (and it actually looks like there might have been close to fifty characters, if you look at the number, just fyi). Unfortunately, these were all cut, save for one: MK. Bowser’s was cool from what we heard, I think I remember hearing other char's, but no. Only frickin’ Metaknight gets his own victory theme.

So, ignore it all you want, but that won’t change the undeniable fact that Sakurai made Brawl exceedingly biased toward the Kirby series.

For the flamers: I don't hate Kirby. I like it very much. There just should have been either less of it in Brawl, or more of everything else.

YinYang.ERROR

Smash Journeyman
I think that we rushed the development of brawl and they had to make cuts, and in return Sakurai stuck to the stuff he knew best in order to get more into brawl... That's right KIRBY!

oh, and Kirby rules. EoF.

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
Sadly, I agree with you. That doesn't mean that I have to like it, or ignore it. Mario/Zelda/Metroid got screwed this time around and Kirby is a large indicator of why.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Dude you posted this before in the Kirby Conspiracy thread in general brawl. No one cared about your silly little opinion then and no one cares now.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=143632
Also who created kirby............exactly. If i made a character i would jam pack the f***ing disk with him too.
QFT

I didn't think nobody would get upset of this, the Kriby gameplay rules and that's one of the main reason's why I like this idea.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
In General Brawl I would understand this topic...

But here... why bother posting something like this here in the Kirby forums?
We can't get enough of Kirby!
You honestly think someone is going to mind the amount of Kirby elements in Brawl around here?

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
We also didn't get our Kirby Wii yet which was supposed to be out last year and maybe Sakurai's making up for that. This should go in general brawl forums,

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
This just sounds like some sort of rant thread. Yes, you do make some interesting points, but I could do the same for pretty much any character simply by taking the stance that there's "Too much _____ in the game". I could do it for something as big as Zelda or small as Olimar simply by taking all the elements and making a big deal of them.

Sakurai is the father of Kirby games and they've influenced the Super Smash Bros. series since N64. Kirby has always been overshadowed by Mario & Link (and now Samus with the Prime series), so who's to say he shouldn't get a little more attention this time around?

Little Red Corvette

Smash Apprentice
I don't think adding Dedede and Meta Knight really slighted Ridley or anyone from getting into the game - Dedede was one of the most highly requested newcomers for Brawl and both of them were pretty wanted for Melee. I think it's more that Sakurai has limits to his creativity or something, and while he can create a playable moveset for an NES accessory and generic LCD character, he really can't imagine Ridley as much more than a giant boss.

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
I think a wise man on smashboards said "It is difficult to make a decision based on one man's opinion" You haven't included everything. Kirby fans don't get a Kirby Wii yet. Young link was replaced by Toon link. Dr. Mario was too much of a clone. I also know that Kirby got a lot more characters and reps in Brawl but he also deserved it in my opinion. Everyone has their own opinion and you are entitled to it but do not post it as flame in this forum. Thank you.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
Hey, i remember you posted this in general brawl, and then that stupid guy started a flame war :p

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
Hey, i remember you posted this in general brawl, and then that stupid guy started a flame war :p
Ya, that was just to figure out where to put this (obviously, it ended up here, where nothing happens). That guy made a few good points (as did many other people), but no one was ever going to listen to him because he was a total douche about everything. I'm glad he's gone.

Apparently, I just found out that there is also a Master Hand in one of the Kirby handheld games. Is this true?

YinYang.ERROR

Smash Journeyman
Ya, that was just to figure out where to put this (obviously, it ended up here, where nothing happens). That guy made a few good points (as did many other people), but no one was ever going to listen to him because he was a total douche about everything. I'm glad he's gone.

Apparently, I just found out that there is also a Master Hand in one of the Kirby handheld games. Is this true?

see for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbjdxVg2DUg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0CGcN6v_gg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doTepbwsZ1c

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
I think a wise man on smashboards said "It is difficult to make a decision based on one man's opinion" You haven't included everything. Kirby fans don't get a Kirby Wii yet. Young link was replaced by Toon link. Dr. Mario was too much of a clone. I also know that Kirby got a lot more characters and reps in Brawl but he also deserved it in my opinion. Everyone has their own opinion and you are entitled to it but do not post it as flame in this forum. Thank you.
This isn't about opinion. This is about fact. And this is not flaming, either--unless you have a severely different interpretation of what flaming is compared to the rest of these forums.

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
In General Brawl I would understand this topic...

But here... why bother posting something like this here in the Kirby forums?
We can't get enough of Kirby!
You honestly think someone is going to mind the amount of Kirby elements in Brawl around here?
I posted this here because it's too specific for General Brawl discussion. Somehow, after I deleted the flamefest that was my original post in that forum, two or three other threads have sprouted up that basically argue the same thing. I am not alone in this observation. And we already have too many stupid threads popping up there as it is...so this thread stays here.

Again, for those of you who aren't listening: I like Kirby, but SSB is basically another Kirby game. You guys may like Kirby but there are plenty of people who agree with me that there should have been more integration with the other series. KIRBY IS NOT THE BE ALL AND END ALL OF NINTENDO, AND ANY OF YOU WHO THINK SO SHOULD STOP SPAMMING MY THREAD WITH YOUR SHIITTY AND POORLY ARGUED OPINIONS. There are other opinions besides your own.

Top Bottom