• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl DX V.1.0.7

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
I can't deny nor confirm that this is the final roster but i can say i'm paying close attention to whats out their of good enough quality that would fit in with this mod. As for more stages, that will take a bit more time due to my focus being on character balance at the moment. Eventually i'm hoping to make as many of brawl's stages viable as possible while at the same time trying to maintain what makes those stages unique.
I know a few quality mods out there myself. If you need anything, just ask, and you shall receive.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Well in terms of features i'd like to add done the line. Id love to be able to somehow get a hold of or be able to replicate the stage striking feature PM has, but i understand that they created it through modifying a lot of things. Though if there were someone who understood kirby's .PAC file really well i'd ask for them to edit his .PAC to make his giant punch not send him into special fall and give his Nayru's love the momentum boost zelda recieves. It's one of the lingering fixes i want to implement. Though the new characters atm don't have kirby copy abilities due to brawlEX's limitations with the way Kirby's rel handles hats

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Well in terms of features i'd like to add done the line. Id love to be able to somehow get a hold of or be able to replicate the stage striking feature PM has, but i understand that they created it through modifying a lot of things. Though if there were someone who understood kirby's .PAC file really well i'd ask for them to edit his .PAC to make his giant punch not send him into special fall and give his Nayru's love the momentum boost zelda recieves. It's one of the lingering fixes i want to implement. Though the new characters atm don't have kirby copy abilities due to brawlEX's limitations with the way Kirby's rel handles hats
How about using BrawlBox? That's how you edit animations and create put in textures, from my knowledge.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
On another note, I love the mod. Louie should have flying pikmin, and it'd be wise to use the Smash 3 skins, but other than that, it's great. Haven't found a single bug.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Well i wanted to implement flying pikmin but i don't know anyone who has ported flying pikmin over white, and concerning smash 3 skins, well that something for another time. ):]

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I'll be updating more frequently with character updates soon. Another set should be coming out tomorrow. I've been very busy as of late, hopefully soon i can show why

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Well it does allow me to balance easier around the cast in a way knowing exactly how i want things to end up. (i kind of understand why sakurai does it himself after all this)

I will say some of the characters i already released are going to have their section closed for reconstruction. Hopefully when you find out who and then whats new everyone will enjoy playing those characters more.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Hey there! I just want to say that I love your mod (I've said it before, but, haha!). And I know you're only 1 person, so it can be stressful. But, I want to ask a question: Have you seen MarioKing64DS's Waluigi? If you look it up on Youtube (or his official thread on the Kitty Corp), you will see him. The Waluigi PSA should be done very soon. He said he was going to get it done by Christmas, but it took a bit longer. But he is complete any time soon, and honestly, it's *hands down* the best PSA I've ever seen. It's perfect; no bugs, perfect animations, sounds, etc. And I was wondering if you, when Waluigi is released, if you could add him to your Brawl DX roster? I love your mod, and getting that Waluigi in would make it even better! Just a suggestion :)

Btw, I simply LOVE how the announcer says Louie xD

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Thanks, and although i can't say much regarding who is joining the roster, i can say people will be pleased with who makes it in for version 1.1, which will be the next released soon. It will have quite a bit of new things so i hope people look forward to it. Also for those wondering why i haven't updated the characters section, the roster as a whole is seeing some minor tweaks here and there so i don't want to put up stuff that not available yet to not confuse people. But once 1.1 is out i'll be focusing more on updating the characters DX profiles.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
If you need some people to help with this project, don't be afraid to ask. Like, seriously. You're scaring me by the fact that you're doing this by yourself. Try to at least recruit some people to help. :T

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Well so far things have been going smoothly, save some minor hiccups here and there but when it's all ready, i hope everyone enjoys it. If this thing only had an official website like PM i could make it look more professional but i'm no webpage creator. Hopefully down the road i can find someone who can make a website for this like what was done for Balanced Brawl and PM.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
I see. I'm really looking forward to v.1.1! There are many mod packs out there, but out of all, this is nearly the best one I've ever seen (PM comes first, I'm sorry, haha!). But what you said with a webpage - do it. This is a mod that deserves its own website. I'm not familiar with creating ones, either. All I know about are these free ones (for example wix.com). But I'm unsure how to make these pro ones, unfortunately :\

Keep it up!

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Hopefully once the project is done it'll move up to your favorite mod, but even still i greatly appreciate the support. It's hard to match the quality of a whole team by myself. Eventually i might recruit people to help but i'd need to find people with a high level of understanding of how to make PSAs and brawl's coding to really bring things up a notch. Although the feel of the game that i'm aiming for a to hit that middle ground between it feeling like brawl and melee without the need for wavedashing and L canceling (not that i hate those mechanic i just feel they aren't truly necessary for smash to be competitively enjoyable).

D

Deleted member

I have a question for you, how did you make the random select button include the clones? I know it's done by hexing, but could you possibly tell me what and where to hex?

Nice mod regardless. I feel that Louies inclusion really makes this feel like your own thing, and something specialer than other mods.

Last edited by a moderator:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I didn't reallly need to hex anything in order to make random select the clones. It just does it by itself. Though i am aware that the newer method that involves using the CSSRoster thing phantomwings made involves setting up who is chosen on random. Also as far as which characters can be included, i'm trying to stay away from 3rd party characters simply for the sake of making the game feel more like "what if brawl was given far more development time to include more nintendo characters". As for who will showup in the future... well i'll simply leave this image here as an indication of whats to come.

Although sadly my pc has a hard time taking screenshots so hopefully later on i can get a better quality screenshot for you guys.;)

Last edited:

Captain Faceroll

Smash Apprentice
Why would someone play this over PM?

Does this offer a more competitive experience? A better casual one? Simply different playstyles?

I don't mean this to be an attack, I'm simply curious as to why you'd put in all this time to create something when there seem to be other options available.

Good job on the all the hard work! :) Looks really interesting

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Why would someone play this over PM?

Does this offer a more competitive experience? A better casual one? Simply different playstyles?

I don't mean this to be an attack, I'm simply curious as to why you'd put in all this time to create something when there seem to be other options available.

Good job on the all the hard work! :) Looks really interesting
Probably because they do not want the advanced gameplay features Project M has so it is easier to play alongside casual players without outright destroying them, while retaining features like balancing and Roy/Mewtwo.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
The whole reason behind me making this is kind of for those reasons. But at the same time it's mainly due to the fact that PM takes brawl characters and instead of simply taking what was there for them already and adding melee gameplay to it, reinvents the characters. I don't mean to make that sound bad, but it's basically forcing people who used to use those characterss and put in so much time and effort into them to simply have relearn them all over again, yet melee veterans simply just switched and it felt completely natural. While some may not find this an issue others may.

Brawl DX is aimed to be for those who enjoyed brawls characters but wished it felt smoother and faster. I know mods like brawl+ and brawl - have attempted this sort of thing before but the approach i've taken is moreso about rebalancing the brawl roster and adding necessary elements to speed up the pacing without the need to completely switch to melee mechanics. The goal is to try and make it as much about reading your opponent as it is to know combo strings. Basically this is for those who want a faster brawl but a slighly slower melee and the way movement is handled should feel similar for both types of players in the end. It's hard to explain what DX feels like, but it's easier to understand when you try it out.

As for it being an easier experience, i'd say it's more like a smoother experience. theres still a lot that i haven't shown yet, soon i hope i can convey Brawl DX's personality bette, as many times it's compared to PM simply due to roy and mewtwo's inclusion. In the future i hope this can gain it's own identity.

also an SD.raw version is definitely possible so i might let that option become available with the next update.

Last edited:

Captain Faceroll

Smash Apprentice
The whole reason behind me making this is kind of for those reasons. But at the same time it's mainly due to the fact that PM takes brawl characters and instead of simply taking what was there for them already and adding melee gameplay to it, reinvents the characters. I don't mean to make that sound bad, but it's basically forcing people who used to use those characterss and put in so much time and effort into them to simply have relearn them all over again, yet melee veterans simply just switched and it felt completely natural. While some may not find this an issue others may.

Brawl DX is aimed to be for those who enjoyed brawls characters but wished it felt smoother and faster. I know mods like brawl+ and brawl - have attempted this sort of thing before but the approach i've taken is moreso about rebalancing the brawl roster and adding necessary elements to speed up the pacing without the need to completely switch to melee mechanics. The goal is to try and make it as much about reading your opponent as it is to know combo strings. Basically this is for those who want a faster brawl but a slighly slower melee and the way movement is handled should feel similar for both types of players in the end. It's hard to explain what DX feels like, but it's easier to understand when you try it out.

As for it being an easier experience, i'd say it's more like a smoother experience. theres still a lot that i haven't shown yet, soon i hope i can convey Brawl DX's personality bette, as many times it's compared to PM simply due to roy and mewtwo's inclusion. In the future i hope this can gain it's own identity.

also an SD.raw version is definitely possible so i might let that option become available with the next update.
Sounds cool! Thanks for putting in your time to further the growth of the community :)

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Well id suggest to people who are requesting me to adf characters that you also notify the people making these characters that you like to see them in DX. Many PSA creators are unaware of its existence, or sceptical though. Specifically regarding waluigi though i cant say much..... though if other peoplebrought to his attention that they want him included maaaybe i can speak more on about that. Kind of tough when its a solo project so id appreciate assistance with drawing awareness. Though soon ill have some more visually animated means of getting this mods message across

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Oh yeah, makes sense. Any yes, I'm attempting to draw as much attention to this as possible.
I understand it's a solo project, maybe I could help? Not that good with creating / editing files themselves, but I have craptons of interesting ideas, stages, characters, etc. to garner this some attention.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Oh yeah, makes sense. Any yes, I'm attempting to draw as much attention to this as possible.
I understand it's a solo project, maybe I could help? Not that good with creating / editing files themselves, but I have craptons of interesting ideas, stages, characters, etc. to garner this some attention.
I was asking to help with this as well, @ kid craft 24/sonic master kid craft 24/sonic master . If you need help with ideas, then I got a few ideas of stuff, some of it mentioned in my "coughing fit". I'm pretty sure @ Pikmin1211 Pikmin1211 has loads of ideas as well. ^_^

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
I didn't reallly need to hex anything in order to make random select the clones. It just does it by itself. Though i am aware that the newer method that involves using the CSSRoster thing phantomwings made involves setting up who is chosen on random. Also as far as which characters can be included, i'm trying to stay away from 3rd party characters simply for the sake of making the game feel more like "what if brawl was given far more development time to include more nintendo characters". As for who will showup in the future... well i'll simply leave this image here as an indication of whats to come.

Although sadly my pc has a hard time taking screenshots so hopefully later on i can get a better quality screenshot for you guys.;)
I see what you did there. Blurring out the photo's middle so we can't see what's in store. Teaser. :p

Last edited:
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
I'm going to throw some of my ideas here, just to end the barrage of comments I'm posting.(This is an Idea barrage.) Since you're adding characters from series that originally only had one character, maybe add a classic NES character for R.O.B.'s series? Or maybe another F-Zero racer (Blood Falcon?)? Or maybe even another Metal Gear Solid character. (Raiden, if you can get a decent model) Or maybe even a new series of characters? (That would get this rolling in attention.) Or maybe Dixie Kong as a new DK rep! (I can feel the moveset...) The possibilities are endless, considering this seems to be a community-driven mod.

~Wabbit

Last edited:
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Hopefully once the project is done it'll move up to your favorite mod, but even still i greatly appreciate the support. It's hard to match the quality of a whole team by myself. Eventually i might recruit people to help but i'd need to find people with a high level of understanding of how to make PSAs and brawl's coding to really bring things up a notch. Although the feel of the game that i'm aiming for a to hit that middle ground between it feeling like brawl and melee without the need for wavedashing and L canceling (not that i hate those mechanic i just feel they aren't truly necessary for smash to be competitively enjoyable).
*coughgoingtocodingcampoversummercough* By then, I'll study up on PSAs and stuff. Until then, good luck amigo.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Well it's not so much ideas that i need help with, it's more so promoting stuff and getting people to try this out. Also like i said previously if people want new characters to be included, a lot of whether that can happen or not is up to whether or not the people who make those PSAs will allow it. As for me adding onto existing series such as DK, F zero and such, a lot of it also is dependent on PhantomWings Brawl EX clone engine, which atm still lacks tools to clone specific characters. I will say though if you know anyone who very good at modelling (i'm currently i learning so my quality models are limited) i'd appreciate the assistance i have a lot of ideas already that i'm sure will be beneficial making this project stand out. Currently i'm working on redesigning FD so you all can look forward to the new stage design once it's finished

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Well it's not so much ideas that i need help with, it's more so promoting stuff and getting people to try this out. Also like i said previously if people want new characters to be included, a lot of whether that can happen or not is up to whether or not the people who make those PSAs will allow it. As for me adding onto existing series such as DK, F zero and such, a lot of it also is dependent on PhantomWings Brawl EX clone engine, which atm still lacks tools to clone specific characters. I will say though if you know anyone who very good at modelling (i'm currently i learning so my quality models are limited) i'd appreciate the assistance i have a lot of ideas already that i'm sure will be beneficial making this project stand out. Currently i'm working on redesigning FD so you all can look forward to the new stage design once it's finished
Well, I'm a member of a few other things. I'll make this my comment on PSN and tell as many people as I can about it, but that's as far as I can go. Eventually, I'll be able to help you more. Let's just hope you don't give up by then. If that happens, me or someone else will have to take over the project! >_<

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Well i won't be dropping this project for awhile, nearly a year and half's worth of work isn't usually something i drop so easily. Though i'm holding a tournament at my local game center this weekend for brawl DX and so far we've got atleast 12-15 people some of which are from out of state so the interest is definitely there, just it needs to build up to something bigger. If Project M can obtain wide acceptance and exposure i don't see why this can't as well.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Well i won't be dropping this project for awhile, nearly a year and half's worth of work isn't usually something i drop so easily. Though i'm holding a tournament at my local game center this weekend for brawl DX and so far we've got atleast 12-15 people some of which are from out of state so the interest is definitely there, just it needs to build up to something bigger. If Project M can obtain wide acceptance and exposure i don't see why this can't as well.
You got spirit, I can say that much. If this was my thing, I wouldn't hold a tournament, let alone expose this to the outside world. I'm very squeamish towards criticism, so it'd probably take a while to release this to the world. Good luck.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
I'm doing my best to promote this! Been posting around facebook and such.
Also, can the clone engine clone Mario, Samus, and Lucas? Because I have several ideas for clone characters of them.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Currently the clone engine can clone ganon, ike, snake, pit, sonic, mario, lucas, marth, wolf, olimar, captain falcon, metaknight, link, lucario, peach, pikachu and jigglypuff.
also for those who decide to promote Brawl DX use this image
with a link when you click on the picture that way it grabs peoples eyes better.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Hmm, Okay.
Interesting.
No Samus is annoying though. :/
Can I suggest a few stages? I can provide fitting music for them as well if you're interested.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Well currently the stagelist is already expanded from whats currently available. What stages i added though will remain a secret for now ;)

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Oh, okay. Excited to find out what they are :)
If you need any music, stage, character, etc. suggestions, I'll be glad to help!
Very nice work, keep it up and good luck with that tourney! :D

Top Bottom