• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Delayed Again

Jonkenden

Smash Cadet
This thread pretty much steams with agony, despair, hatred, rage.. oh dear.

Frankly I am looking forward to japan getting their game, so I can maybe see the full thing playing in videos on youtube. Can't wait to see some matches, and I can easily wait for european release. Harh You get used to waiting or go somewhere else, speaking of something else.

You know you all could play some old games that you haven't played in a while, rediscovering some old gems can keep you entertained for quite a while.

There is no point in complaining and whining or screaming about a delay on forums that the developer is probably unknowing or uncaring off. Sure go ahead and vent or something but can't ya do it offline so ya don't clutter the boards with the unnecessary angst?

And I'd direct all of you to the youtube clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pq8PwHFhy8&feature=related
Avenue q so if you dislike that don't watch.

As it's pretty much how this thread looks like if you stand back and watch, in a symbolic manner ofc.

Unsure if I'm allowed to post a link like this in this thread, but let me know if not and I'll remove it.

Meneks

Smash Lord
Eh, Nothing wrong with the delay of brawl its pretty obvious that there was a good reason.....perhaps a new fighting tactic or something...

The Pimp

Smash Cadet
It better be near perfect online play now that they extended the date. That would make me personally feel that this delay is justified.

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
It better be near perfect online play now that they extended the date. That would make me personally feel that this delay is justified.
I want great online as much as the next person, but it is a safe bet that online is the last thing on Nintendo's mind. Until they realize it is important to gaming, online is going to be a 7/10 at best. Hopefully it be an improvement on Strikers, which is the best online Nintendo game so far, but it is very basic.

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
delays USUALLY..mean theyre adding something BIG to the game....

but hey im patient.

so should the rest of you be.

personally,

im gonna miss all this hype for brawl...

:)

vastler

Smash Apprentice
this bites

well i can't really argue since this is the first time SSB has an adventure with a story in it so i think there still putting the puzzle of who 's gonna be in the story or even better the 3rd and final 3rd-party char is bieng added(i hope that's what is the delay for)

Trophyhunter

Smash Apprentice
Obviously somewhere where, you havn't been
See this reminds me of what i said before when your older your supposed to be be more martue but we have 8th-12th graders whining over a video game delay talk about being so 5 year old ish plus they made up for the delay with sheik and captain Olimars stage.

Sir James

The Doctor
Honestly I don't know if I can keep trusting these dates. The game just keeps getting pushed further back once we get close to that supposed release date. It seems that they don't really know for sure when it'll be done. They shouldn't even bother announcing a date until they know for sure they can hit that deadline.

PB&J

Smash Hero
i was pretty mad yesterday when i heard the news,but then i found out that i will be playing the game jan 31..peace

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
Honestly I don't know if I can keep trusting these dates. The game just keeps getting pushed further back once we get close to that supposed release date. It seems that they don't really know for sure when it'll be done. They shouldn't even bother announcing a date until they know for sure they can hit that deadline.
I'll quote this guy, but this goes to all of you. They are a little slow in the localization probably. That's it. Stop trying to make it more than it is. You are over thinking this. The game will be out in March, leave it at that.

Sandy

Smash Champion
I'd rather them keep pushing it back to make it better, although it is strange that Japans' release date only got pushed back a few days.. Still I'd rather them make this game perfect than release it with bugs, I doubt we will see another Smash Bros on the Wii seeing as though there was 1 for the N64 and 1 for the GC.

SmashBros_Pro

Smash Rookie
Brawl and Melee

The good thing about them delaying Brawl is that they could put marth and roy in Brawl. They DEFINETLEY don't need kirby or ice climbers they suck. I am the BEST with Roy. No one else is, only I am the BEST with him!!!!!!!!
My bro is the BEST with Marth!! We are unstoppable!!!!
IThis game is going to be awesome, Me and my bro already have matches with people from gamespot!
WE ARE THE BEST!!!
Now you guys know the truth, no one could beat me and ny bro:chuckle:
100% True

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Its mind boggling isnt it if there going to add new things in and for japan it onlytakes 5 days why does it take a month for america?? not that im really botherd i mean i dont even know my release date.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
The good thing about them delaying Brawl is that they could put marth and roy in Brawl. They DEFINETLEY don't need kirby or ice climbers they suck. I am the BEST with Roy. No one else is, only I am the BEST with him!!!!!!!!
IThis game is going to be awesome, Me and my bro already have matches with people from gamespot!
WE ARE THE BEST!!!
100% True
How can you put meta-knight and king dedede in brawl and not kirby *DUH*

SmashBros_Pro

Smash Rookie
Just to let you guys know I AM THE BEST WITH ROY, AND MY BRO IS THE BEST WITH MARTH!!!!!!!!! Not you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will never lose!!!! Hope they add marth and roy in it now that it's delayed. They said they need more characters!!
At least you guys know who is the BEST at SSB Melee and Brawl
That's right me and my bro
THIS IS A FACT
100% True

rklamer

Smash Cadet
At first I thought I was /really/ pissed about this. Then I started to realize that it wasn't anger, but disappointment, that I was feeling. Delays happen for a reason; I know this well. I'd rather have the game be 100% complete and perfect when it comes out... the disappointment comes when we discover that this cannot be so in the time previously noted. So to this I must shrug off with an "ah well" and beat some other games while I wait.

Meta_Link

Smash Rookie
Zamus selectable from Start ofc =)

First (EDIT: second <_<) to such a dismal topic. :(

Thinking months along the road, I realize I'll be pretty glad they delayed it. Just to make it that much better like adding Female PT and Zamus selectable at start. There's no excuse now.

Zamus is Selectable from start...
It works the SAME way as with Overalls Wario
Pretty Neat, huh?

Talking Curtain

Smash Cadet
Reseting my internal hyperclock

When I first heard the news I don't think I actually believed it. And then I went to Dojo and just stared at the wall for 10 minutes...

I was very mad, and ended up going around the room trying not to hit things and exercising to get the spare energy out of me. Then it quickly degraded into despair and disappointment.
I was so excited about it coming out in 24 days. I had set up a countdown on my computer, and started marking days off on the calendar. And in one fell swoop the excitement and happiness and anticipatory obsession was gone...

Now I feel exactly how I did before the one month mark came around: It will come out, and it is far enough away to not worry about it.
It only sucks cause I know on February 10th the visious cycle of obsessional excitement is going to start all over again...

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
You know they can't make many updates to the japan version because its being released soon, so if they added characters after they've released it...that would be kinda weird...so I don't seem like I want to expect any "awesome" updates

over all I've suffered like this with many games....for example....Kingdom hearts 2.......and other games that have a set release date and are pushed back....just remember that in february if you have a japanese wii, you should like....order smash brawl in ebay hahahaha

I felt like doing that just now...anyways.... I find whining about it stupid because...I still think melee should be in our minds people....atfer all...thats what the tournaments are still going to be about

oh btw...if you have nothing to do but wait...for a 1 single game to come out....you all need to get a life....think about it....sheez...

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
Just to let you guys know I AM THE BEST WITH ROY, AND MY BRO IS THE BEST WITH MARTH!!!!!!!!! Not you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will never lose!!!! Hope they add marth and roy in it now that it's delayed. They said they need more characters!!
THIS IS A FACT
100% True
you need a life....I have 100 go ahead and press start...I'll let you have 1

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
WE ARE THE BEST!!!
100% True
gamestop players suck at playing games.....their only good at testing them out and selling the games...period....hahaha....actually they don't even do that...the only reason you walk into a gamestop is because you want a game and you know whats going on their only there to be the register

omg...hahah I just noticed... triple post....

please don't kill me admins...lol

Kips

Smash Ace
gamestop players suck at playing games.....their only good at testing them out and selling the games...period....hahaha....actually they don't even do that...the only reason you walk into a gamestop is because you want a game and you know whats going on their only there to be the register

1- I hate it when people use '...' at the end of every sentence.
2- What do you mean, gamestop players. Just because I buy stuff from them means I suck? Or is it that if I work there I suck?
3- Could you explain that last sentence to me please?

Veysey

Smash Cadet
Sigh... I think i am finally out of my slump. I've started to accept the delay. As I'm sure is the case with a lot of you - I was soooo excited and counting the hours. The delay kinda set me back... I really didn't know what to do with myself. Some were saying to me "Its just a game etc etc"... but its been so long since I've looked forward to anything.

It really felt like pouring your heart and soul out to someone, only to have them spit in your face and walk away. While I'm more accepting of it all now, I'd still have liked some answers from Nintendo as to why (more for curiosity than anything).

Another point that got me upset is that with the Japanese release on the 31st and NA on the 9th of March... it pretty much makes it impossible to stay away from spoilers. I thought I could manage 2 weeks, but a month isn't do-able. I'm still sad that some of the surprises like the roster will likely be ruined before I get to play =(

Brawl Moptop

Smash Rookie
I just thought of something! They could be delaying it again to add more characters! I also have a theory that we could get a character every week on the DOJO!! Just think about it...last week we got Pikmin & Olimar (A Newcomer) Now just yesterday (Jan 16th 08) we got Sheik (A Veteran). Another thought is we could get a newcomer 1 week than a Veteran the next. (Example: Week of Jan. 7: Pikmin and Olimar. Week of Jan. 14: Sheik. Week of Jan. 21: A Newcomer?) WHO KNOWS???

vastler

Smash Apprentice
THIS IS A FACT
100% True
don't be to pridefull ,you know there's a better person then you ,cause that's the rules of life it applyes to everyone including you

Kips

Smash Ace
Please stop the double and triple posting. Just edit your posts to say what you need to say.

Hopefully, yes, there will be more veterans and newcomers. Personally I hope that each 3rd Party gets two representatives instead of one and I can bank on someone from Suikoden from Konami. One can hope you know.

smashfan1337

Smash Cadet
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO its bat enough that there is a delay but us here in the uk still dont even have a release date
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
well be grateful that the release date if we had it was changed. . . at least we cant get upset for a delay when we haven't got the actual date just yet.

Cosine

Smash Apprentice

I wouldn't say that all people who work at Gamestop suck a smash or whatever, but what the guy who said he was the best because he beat them, well I could have just said Im the best because I beat some guy who works at walmart or a freind I mean WTF, and btw whoever you are, why don't you try addding some people here when Brawl is out to see if they could beat you and your brother :laugh:

Top Bottom