• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Song Maker GUI v1.5! Bugfixes+Volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fledgling

Smash Cadet
I converted a song and added it to my SD Card through the GUI, but when I tried to play the song in the game, I was greeted by this horrid crackling and hissing about halfway through the song. It returned to normal upon reaching the beginning of the loop. Yet, the songs I added through simple cut and pasting (BRSTM's pre-made by other people) worked fine.

I know it isn't the song, because it plays fine on my computer and on the GUI, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Help?

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
My friend has that issue, I can't imagine what it may be. He thinks it's his SD card. You could try it out on a different SD and see if that helps, either way my tracks are all edited by me and they were all ran through this program and none of them had any crackling/radio station/hissing sounds so I can't imagine it being the program..but then again you never know.

Fledgling

Smash Cadet
The song I tried to replace was Battlefield (on Battlefield, obviously), and reportedly that stage and Yoshi's Island (Brawl) have been having issues with song swapping. Could that be the case?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I've had the same problems buddy, but not for those two songs. The songs I have replaced there work flawlessly. I'm actually pretty sure it's something with this program. -_o I'm hoping Androu will get the links to his tool back up and running soon so I can make brstms the old fashion way again so stuff actually WORKS.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I've asked this twice, and nobody's answered. Why isn't the GUI working for me?

Every time I open it, it erases more song titles and gives me an error message every time I close the program or try to save Songs.db!

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Other than .net framework I can't see what else might be causing the program not to work. Try it on a different computer maybe?

I also doubt it's erasing songs on it's own...you probably mean songs aren't showing up or disappearing off the program's list. That does not mean the songs are being deleted in your SD card....I don't see any reason why songs would get "deleted" unless you specified it.

Please be specific, is this within the program itself or do you literally see brstms disappearing off your sd card? (HIGHLY UNLIKELY)

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Other than .net framework I can't see what else might be causing the program not to work. Try it on a different computer maybe?

I also doubt it's erasing songs on it's own...you probably mean songs aren't showing up or disappearing off the program's list. That does not mean the songs are being deleted in your SD card....I don't see any reason why songs would get "deleted" unless you specified it.

Please be specific, is this within the program itself or do you literally see brstms disappearing off your sd card? (HIGHLY UNLIKELY)
The songs are still there, but lets say, I open the program, don't change anything, then immediately close it. If I reopen it a second later, there will be 2-3 songs without custom titles that used to be named. If I keep opening and closing the window, eventually all the song titles will be empty. When I check the .xml library thing, I can see that some of the fields are missing for some songs. Also, every time I save the songs.db or close the window, an error message comes up (I don't remember what it says).

When I check in Brawl, my songs and titles are exactly the same as they were before opening the GUI.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Last time I checked this program did not change song titles in Brawl so the renaming you're doing in the GUI has absolutely no effect on what you see in game. If you replace "Final Destination" and have it renamed as something else in the program it will still show up as "Final Destination" in game (aka it does nothing).

I'm also not familiar with the .db file you're talking about saving. I rename files (for categorizing purposes) myself and I don't remember having to savethe songs.db file it just updates itself and automatically saves. The program is really buggy as I just saw all my song titles were deleted but that shouldn't matter since the way they read off the SD cards will be the renamed versions so you could easily see what song is replaced with what. (That's if you rename them in the SD card library window and not the library in the program folder)

Few things to note:

-You do not need to mess with songs.db at all
-Program is buggy as hell so don't expect the names to stay within your library, although it stays on my sd sometimes
-Weird error messages when closing are normal (at least for me)
-The GUI names don't change the song titles in game
-All this program is supposed to do is to help easily convert MP3's to BRSTMS and that's it. For what it does, it's actually pretty good at...everything else like the renaming (for convenience purposes) is just a bonus imo as it's extremely buggy.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Its buggy because I got no bug reports when I was working on it, and see NONE of these bugs when I use the program. The songs.db is for ALSTT, but it can actually be opened in Notepad and copypasted into BrawlBox's new msbin editor, which will do what ALSTT used to do.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
This thing is great, but...

What do you mean by this?
How do I do it?
Use a program like Goldwave, when you have your Start and Finish Marker, you have set the loop points, in order to get the loop points, press Shift + E and you'll see the loop points in Sample Based Position, you then add those numbers before making a BRSTM so that it will loop but I'm not sure but the loop points have to be a multiple of 14436.

BaconLegs

Smash Journeyman
Use a program like Goldwave, when you have your Start and Finish Marker, you have set the loop points, in order to get the loop points, press Shift + E and you'll see the loop points in Sample Based Position, you then add those numbers before making a BRSTM so that it will loop but I'm not sure but the loop points have to be a multiple of 14436.
Thanks, I'll try it out!

EDIT: I've edited the song in goldwave for custom loop points, but I don't know where to put the sample number I have... do I just leave the selection up in goldwave when I save or do I put it somewhere in Dantarion's program?

BaconLegs

Smash Journeyman
The songs are still there, but lets say, I open the program, don't change anything, then immediately close it. If I reopen it a second later, there will be 2-3 songs without custom titles that used to be named. If I keep opening and closing the window, eventually all the song titles will be empty. When I check the .xml library thing, I can see that some of the fields are missing for some songs. Also, every time I save the songs.db or close the window, an error message comes up (I don't remember what it says).

When I check in Brawl, my songs and titles are exactly the same as they were before opening the GUI.
Hmm, after a little use I'm getting the same thing... here's an example of the error, linked because it's a forum stretcher:
Kind of annoying, but I can work through it.

Dracs

Smash Rookie
I have the same problem than many people here, being stuck at "Decoding left Channel".
Dantarion, you said that it was related to sox.exe not functionning properly, so i tried to launch sox.exe alone (just to see what happens).
A window with text pop up but dissapear way too fast for me to read it.
Is that normal ?

Besides, I tried to put it at the root of my HDD, but it didn't work better.

Anyway, thx for your program ;)

Thx to Bionic Sonic too, for now, I keep using his tool
(by the way, is there anyway to do loop with Bionic Sonic Tool ?)

BaconLegs

Smash Journeyman
I've edited the song in goldwave for custom loop points, but I don't know where to put the sample number I have... do I just leave the selection up in goldwave when I save or do I put it somewhere in Dantarion's program?
Hate to be a pain, but no one has answered this question yet, I'm not sure if the loop points I'm setting in goldwave are carrying over to the brstm...
Is there another program I need?:dizzy:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hate to be a pain, but no one has answered this question yet, I'm not sure if the loop points I'm setting in goldwave are carrying over to the brstm...
Is there another program I need?:dizzy:
The loop points are NOT carried over, you have to copy and paste them in the program, whenever you choose a song to make into a BRSTM, you should see Loop Begin and Loop End in the little window that comes up when you choose your mp3. You paste the loop points you copied from Goldwave and your set.

BaconLegs

Smash Journeyman
The loop points are NOT carried over, you have to copy and paste them in the program, whenever you choose a song to make into a BRSTM, you should see Loop Begin and Loop End in the little window that comes up when you choose your mp3. You paste the loop points you copied from Goldwave and your set.
Oh god thank you, trying to help Darksamus77 in the brstm request thread and I couldn't loop things :dizzy:
You're a life saver.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I have the same problem than many people here, being stuck at "Decoding left Channel".
Dantarion, you said that it was related to sox.exe not functionning properly, so i tried to launch sox.exe alone (just to see what happens).
A window with text pop up but dissapear way too fast for me to read it.
Is that normal ?

Besides, I tried to put it at the root of my HDD, but it didn't work better.

Anyway, thx for your program ;)

Thx to Bionic Sonic too, for now, I keep using his tool
(by the way, is there anyway to do loop with Bionic Sonic Tool ?)
The sox.exe is a rare bug, I'm not sure how to fix it, I doubt Dantarion knows how to either.

Download the latest version of my tool, it has automatic looping, and details how to make automatic/manual looping...haven't updated it since July though because Dant's tool > my tool for awhile.

BaconLegs

Smash Journeyman
The sox.exe is a rare bug, I'm not sure how to fix it, I doubt Dantarion knows how to either.

Download the latest version of my tool, it has automatic looping, and details how to make automatic/manual looping...haven't updated it since July though because Dant's tool > my tool for awhile.
What about the other bug Pictured Here... is that documented? Is there a way to fix it?
Not all that troublesome at first, but it might have been what blue screened my computer the other day, as it happened after I hit "Continue", which was scary to behold.

DQP

Smash Ace
i have two problems. first, i'm occasionally having the same problems that BaconLegs is having. second, when it does work, the songs cut off halfway through to a random song. if you're confused, allow me to explain. i'm playing on FD, where i have Nightwish's "Ghost Love Score" playing. about 5 minutes in, it cuts to the final boss theme from bowser's inside story, which i have on Yoshi's Island. any ideas?

Foo_

Smash Rookie
I can't even get the .exe to open. When I try to run it, it immediately gives me an error with the option to send the complaint to Microsoft D:

Halp?

Foo_

Smash Rookie
Nothing for me? I've tried 1.4 and 1.5, and I updated to .net 3.5. Trying to run the GUI just doesn't work.

Giygue

Smash Journeyman
Yeaah. I still use Androu1's tool because I've downloaded this several times and it doesn't even start up on my pc. no error message, no random crashing, nothing. also, I might need to update the .net framework, but the installer won't work for me... it just won't install.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
This isn't really an important question, but can the BCSM work with songs that have Japanese characters in their file names? Whenever I try, I says "Error playing... .bstrm". Does this mean that it won't work in Brawl if I put it in the SD card using your tool, or does it only mean that I can't play it?

@ PhoenixAlpha, Also, you can already edit mu_menumain.pac in BrawlBox...

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Can you add .m4a (and .wma) support to convert to brstm? I bought the This is It album and I kinda want my smooth criminal in my brawl :)

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
You could always convert one of those formats to mp3 using Gold Wave or Audacity.
Convert to wav, it works better.

EDIT: Also, one quick question, Dant. Is there a way to disable the volume-leveling feature? It's a great feature, but there are just some songs that seem like they'd be better being overly loud, like not 'clipping while playing, this is horrible' loud, but 'OH MY GOSH WHAT DID YOU SAY CAPTAIN FALCON? FALCON WHAT?' loud, like if you were taking death metal and putting it on a stage as a joke.
So, yes, is there a way to disable volume balance for select BRSTMs? Or even just a way to disable it temporarily, like change something and change it back after. After all, it's not a demanding feature. I would just rather not go back to using the other methods to make BRSTMs unless I had to.

Spectrum000

Smash Cadet
I'm completely clueless as to why the music files that I have expand to over twice their length when (CORRECTLY) converted from an MP3 to BRSTM using specific values for starting and ending points...

Is it supposed to DOUBLE the length of a song? AND THEN add like the 8-16 seconds onto the end of the file of the beginning of the music? Because thats what I'm getting. It's causing some of my larger mp3 files to be twice the length and sometimes triple the size in megabites, making for some pretty nasty space problems for my SD card filled with over 40 songs already.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this supposed to happen? It seems to play correctly in brawl, but for the life of me I can't figure out why it does this. I'd think that if I only WANTED 1:30 of a song to play and loop, it'd only MAKE 1:30... not 3:00 with the song looping in the file, and then adding an extra bit of it (10 seconds) of another loop starting.

Im playing these in winamp...

BaconLegs

Smash Journeyman
BCSM GUI Looping Tutorial

I uh, I made a thingy.
It's a tutorial for thick guys like me to loop properly using goldwave and the BCSM GUI.
It's text, pictures, an mp3, and a brstm.
All contents used under fair use restrictions.
If anyone wants to use or take a look at it, it's here.

Spectrum000

Smash Cadet
Bacon, nice little tutorial.

Quick question though; why do you convert to 32000 Hz, 320 kbps? Is there a specific reason for this? I've been leaving mine alone, and I save to wav, because I dont have a specific codec to save as an mp3 (which I can't be arsed to find now since I don't know what the hell it's talking about)

my files seem to work just fine, except they don't stay at a small size when I convert to brstm, and my music is always somewhat lower in volume unless I change it before hand.

Any other reason for 32000?

BaconLegs

Smash Journeyman
Bacon, nice little tutorial.

Quick question though; why do you convert to 32000 Hz, 320 kbps? Is there a specific reason for this? I've been leaving mine alone, and I save to wav, because I dont have a specific codec to save as an mp3 (which I can't be arsed to find now since I don't know what the hell it's talking about)

my files seem to work just fine, except they don't stay at a small size when I convert to brstm, and my music is always somewhat lower in volume unless I change it before hand.

Any other reason for 32000?
I saw a couple posts that said if the sound quality is less than 32kHz, brawl will have problems with crackling and such, but I pretty much change everything to that just to make sure.
And I guess wav files work too, but I've never gotten a request that came in a wav file, so I wouldn't know.
It was honestly just a quick thingy to help out newbies like me, who have never used GoldWave.
I was going to do Audacity too, but I don't really know the UI at all, and had no sound to play around with it.

Lord-Shinra

Smash Rookie
Huh guys ...
I have a problem with the last version D=
Okay, I put a song in the queue, and then, I try to convert it into BRSTM , and then , it stays on DECODING LEFT CHANNEL .

Please Help D:

BaconLegs

Smash Journeyman
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom