• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

pwn&watch13

Smash Rookie
MORE CONTRIBUTIONS.

First, a win theme for all the people who can't get enough of the Shadow textures and PSA's (a.k.a. everyone). Its basically a good 10 seconds of All Hail Shadow by Crutch 40 mixed with Audacity.

Shadow the Hedgehog - Shadow's Win Theme (All Hail Shadow Mix) By Pwn&Watch13

Second, another win theme for anyone you think is awesome. It's none other than the WTF bomb.

Youtube - WTFBomb By Pwn&Watch13 - DEMO

Linkshot

Smash Hero

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
So um...whats the best brstm making program other than Goldwave? I'm about halfway through my 2000 uses and I ain't paying 50 bucks for the whole thing x_x

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards ★ Zero-two By MorphedChaos needs to be reuploaded, due to Rapidshare issues with download limits. Why do people bother with Rapidshare when there's Mediafire?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
v5.54 of goldwave is technically free legally. It keeps on giving you notifcations, but it never actually makes you sign up or stop your trial version. It's basically a free full version :D

pwn&watch13

Smash Rookie
Well, since I didn't see this in the completely looped soundtrack, i'll post it:

Shadow the Hedgehog - Stage Clear! By Pwn&Watch13 - DEMO

Thanks to Linkshot for showing me this. I, personally, have never played Shadow the Hedgehog so I didn't know about this. Oh yeah, and definitely use Audacity. I even said in my last post that I used Audacity to make Shadow's Win Theme.

pwn&watch13

Smash Rookie
Nah i didn't loop it and it does sound beast, like as good as metaknight's if not better. Yeah and i didn't see any of your victory themes in the main archive, shot.

Rambo Hayabusa

Smash Apprentice
Everything I've got done. I ended up not using most of these, but if someone'll want 'em I figured I might as well post em so the work doesn't go to waste.

These should all have some kind of an attempt at custom loops or editing to fill up any moments of silence, though some files might be kinda big due to wav converting and some naturally big songs.

Ninja Gaiden - Emperor By Ramb05 - DEMO
Ninja Gaiden - Alma Awakened By Ramb05 - DEMO
Ninja Gaiden 2 (NES) - Ninjascape OC ReMix By Ramb05 - DEMO
Ninja Gaiden (NES) - Let the Wind Flow (remix) By Ramb05
Double Dragon - Secrets of the Sosetsuken OC ReMix By Ramb05 - DEMO
The Bouncer - Sion Barzhad's Theme By Ramb05 - DEMO
Streets of Rage - Drop and Roll OC ReMix By Ramb05 - DEMO
Punch Out - Dream Fighter OC ReMix By Ramb05 - DEMO
Panzer Dragoon Orta - More Than a Weapon OC ReMix By Ramb05 - DEMO
Duck Tales - Harden the Duck Up! OC ReMix By Ramb05 - DEMO
Classic Doom 3 - E1M1 By Ramb05 - DEMO
Doom - E2M2 (remix) By Ramb05 - DEMO
Contra - Snow Field OC ReMix By Ramb05 - DEMO
Resident Evil 0 - Nyx By Ramb05 - DEMO
Street Fighter 2 - (Vega) Nine Tails Fox and the Avenger (remix) By Ramb05 - DEMO
Street Fighter 2 - (Balrog) Mercenary Boxing OC ReMix By Ramb05 - DEMO
Mortal Kombat - Reptile's Theme By Ramb05 - DEMO
Tekken Tag - Ogre By Ramb05 - DEMO
Melty Blood - Beat By Ramb05 - DEMO
Castlevania - Who's That Child? OC ReMix By Ramb05 - DEMO
Castlevania II - The Accursed Seal OC ReMix By Ramb05 - DEMO
Chrono Cross - Who Stole My Stars OC ReMix By Ramb05 - DEMO
Chrono Trigger - Black Wind Rising OC ReMix By Ramb05 - DEMO
Chrono Trigger/Final Fantasy VII - Lavos vs. Jenova (CR) By Ramb05
Chrono Trigger - I Could Be Banned Soon (remix) By Ramb05 - DEMO
Chrono Trigger - Corroder of Time (remix) By Ramb05
Chrono Trigger - The Secret of the Forest: A Premonition (remix) By Ramb05
Chrono Trigger - Time Management OC ReMix By Ramb05 - DEMO
Final Fantasy - Fire Cross (remix) By Ramb05 - DEMO
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - Battle in the Forgotten City By Ramb05 - DEMO
Final Fantasy VIII - Time Compression (remix) By Ramb05 - DEMO
Final Fantasy XI - Awakening By Ramb05 - DEMO
Final Fantasy VI - Seized with Fury OC ReMix By Ramb05 - DEMO
Final Fantasy VII - Full Frontal Assault OC ReMix By Ramb05 - DEMO
Secret of Mana - Secret of Spram OC ReMix By Ramb05 - DEMO
Tales of Phantasia - Revenge (remix) By Ramb05
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Brambly Rivers OC ReMix By Ramb05 - DEMO
Donkey Kong Country - Chekan Winter OC ReMix By Ramb05 - DEMO
Donkey Kong Country - Thrash the Plank OC ReMix By Ramb05 - DEMO
Sonic 2 - Mystic Cave By Ramb05 - DEMO
Mega Man 3 - Wily's Ambition (remix) By Ramb05 - DEMO
Mega Man X6 - Opening Stage: Crash Site Ruins By Ramb05 - DEMO
Mega Man X6 - Inami Temple By Ramb05 - DEMO
Mega Man X - Zero Light (remix) By Ramb05
Mega Man X5 - Zero Virus By Ramb05 - DEMO
Metroid - Cranial Syphon OC ReMix By Ramb05 - DEMO
Super Metroid - Jade Catacombs OC ReMix By Ramb05 - DEMO
Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening - Tail Cave Beatdown OC ReMix By Ramb05 - DEMO

Anime
G Gundam - King of Hearts By Ramb05 - DEMO
G Gundam - Burning Finger By Ramb05 - DEMO
G Gundam - Shining Finger By Ramb05 - DEMO
Rurouni Kenshin - The Last Wolf Suite By Ramb05 - DEMO
Noir - Canta Per Me By Ramb05 - DEMO
TTGL/Gurren Lagann - Ten wo Tsuke By Ramb05 - DEMO
Zone of the Enders: Idolo - Innocent Love By Ramb05 - DEMO

Other Music
Haddaway - What Is Love? By Ramb05 - DEMO
Breaking Benjamin - The Diary of Jane By Ramb05 - DEMO
BT - Flaming June By Ramb05 - DEMO

EDIT: So a couple songs I found have already been done, but I'll just leave this here in case anyone wants to see the difference for themselves
Castlevania- Who's that Child is already posted under the title Wicked Child remix by Wander
Chrono Trigger- Time Management is already on the list
Punch Out- Dream Fighter was also on the list already

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
How come some of these turn up with kinda low volume when you're in a level playing? What comes to mind is the Matrix - Spybreak one that I have on Final Destination.

I did this BRSTM thing about a month ago when I did convert a song and it ended up pretty low volume in game...the audio turned to crap on that song too and sounded kinda stuffy ... or the effect if you had speakers on but a pillow tied in front of it...just gets that smudgy covered sound. This didn't happen to ALL of the files I converted to BRSTM files...just maybe two out of maybe 15 or something when I used Dantarions program to auto-convert it.

When I listen to the MP3 it sounds amazing....since it's MP3, in stereo and at 192kbps...How do I make sure none of my songs turn out poopulant with low volume and stuffy audio-ish settings? Not all of them turn out like that but a few...which has me worrying.

omni_destroyer

Smash Rookie
How come some of these turn up with kinda low volume when you're in a level playing? What comes to mind is the Matrix - Spybreak one that I have on Final Destination.

I did this BRSTM thing about a month ago when I did convert a song and it ended up pretty low volume in game...the audio turned to crap on that song too and sounded kinda stuffy ... or the effect if you had speakers on but a pillow tied in front of it...just gets that smudgy covered sound. This didn't happen to ALL of the files I converted to BRSTM files...just maybe two out of maybe 15 or something when I used Dantarions program to auto-convert it.

When I listen to the MP3 it sounds amazing....since it's MP3, in stereo and at 192kbps...How do I make sure none of my songs turn out poopulant with low volume and stuffy audio-ish settings? Not all of them turn out like that but a few...which has me worrying.
The low-volume/stuffy audio effect happens the most when replacing some of the Melee songs. To compensate for that, you'll need to use BRSTM files with higher volume levels than normal. This isn't always an easy task since raising the volume level too much will result in music files sounding distorted. Try making BRSTM files from music sources that already have high volume levels. That should greatly reduce the risk of distorting the sound when trying to increase the volume even more. This will also help make the music sound less stuffy.

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
The low-volume/stuffy audio effect happens the most when replacing some of the Melee songs. To compensate for that, you'll need to use BRSTM files with higher volume levels than normal. This isn't always an easy task since raising the volume level too much will result in music files sounding distorted. Try making BRSTM files from music sources that already have high volume levels. That should greatly reduce the risk of distorting the sound when trying to increase the volume even more. This will also help make the music sound less stuffy.

Ahh ok.

Few more questions:

1) Is there a set decibel level that the song should be at for optimal re-conversion to brstm so it's just loud enough? Has anyone shared any info like that or is everyone trying and finding their own levels?

2) What kbps should I export as? The songs original kbps is 192 but I've been exporting it as 128. I kinda don't want the file size to be huge but I don't want to skip out on any hearable audio quality.

Last) Is there any way to program a loop into your song? Like have the song start out at 0:01 and have it end at say...2:00. Is there a way for when you get the song to 2:00 that it starts at 0:06
I'm using Adobe Soundbooth CS3 btw...not Goldwave.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
In case anyone cares all the links to the brstm for all the Scarlet Weather Rhapsody music aren't working anymore.

If someone have them please upload them? or Just uploading Marisa's theme would be great too.

omni_destroyer

Smash Rookie
Ahh ok.

Few more questions:

1) Is there a set decibel level that the song should be at for optimal re-conversion to brstm so it's just loud enough? Has anyone shared any info like that or is everyone trying and finding their own levels?

2) What kbps should I export as? The songs original kbps is 192 but I've been exporting it as 128. I kinda don't want the file size to be huge but I don't want to skip out on any hearable audio quality.

Last) Is there any way to program a loop into your song? Like have the song start out at 0:01 and have it end at say...2:00. Is there a way for when you get the song to 2:00 that it starts at 0:06
I'm using Adobe Soundbooth CS3 btw...not Goldwave.
1) I believe it's been said that BRSTM should have a decibel level of about 0.97. If you're replacing a Melee song, the BRSTM would most likely require a higher decibel level. The amount varies from song to song. Knowing how loud to make the songs that play over the Melee tracks is basically a matter of trial and error.

2) Going from 192 kbps to 128 kbps shouldn't cause a noticeable decline in quality. So yeah, 128 kbps is fine.

3) You can use the program in this thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241578
Remember that your starting loop point should be a multiple of 14336. To have your song loop back at 0:06, you would use 272384 as the starting loop point.

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
Whoa wait, WHAT?! Glad I randomly checked up on this thread. 97db is definitly too loud, it's louder than all of Brawl's default songs. I HIGHLY recommend aiming for ~95db instead. I don't want to possibly make even MORE "sane volume ver." than I already have.

Take note that by default Brawl's music playback is somewhat quieter than the loud sound effects. It's recommended that to move the audio balance towards music somewhat. (other recent Nintendo games have this problematic sound-music imbalance as well, such as Mario Kart Wii)

Secondly, NEVER export to MP3 for encoding, it will add ~.05 seconds of silence to the beginning of your audio, which can easily throw off perfectly-aligned looping. Besides, Brawl Custom Song Maker GUI supports lossless audio formats like WAV and FLAC, so why aren't you exporting as those? Converting to BRSTM re-encodes your audio anyway, so the input filesize makes no difference on the output, so you might as well try to get the best audio quality as well by using lossless audio sources.

Thirdly, about the variance on output quality - BRSTM is a lossy format, so some types of audio will sound worse than others. Converting from other lossy formats like MP3 only makes this worse - especially if that type of audio isn't handled well in both MP3 AND BRSTM. Yet again, the best thing to do is to use the highest quality source material you can find, preferably in lossless formats.

Audacity... You get what you pay for. Use Goldwave if at all possible.
I take GREAT offense to that remark. Maybe you should check some of my BRSTMs, they were ALL done with Audacity. (though I use the beta versions - 1.26 doesn't have certain features that make things much less of a PITA)

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
So the decibel range you guys gave me was like .95 to .97 or something...I have a tiny problem-o. Just to clarify things...my Soundbooth program doesn't (at least I might not know how to do it) use deciabls as a decimal lol. It uses it in the negative -1 -2 -3 -4 -5 -6....which is kinda strange to me now that I think about it (why is it in the negatives anyway?...weeeiird...anyway).

Little help in maybe converting your decimals to my negative thingies?

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
Export a file for temporary use and then read it in a replaygain compatible application, such as Foobar2000 or MP3Gain. MP3Gain is probably the easiest to use; just export audio to MP3, open it in MP3Gain, then click "Analyze". That'll tell you its volume in decibles.

Remember, like I said before, do NOT use MP3 for converting to BRSTM! That was just for compatibility with MP3Gain.

Also, I personally see 95db as perfect, so IMO the optimal is 94-96db. Experiment with it and remember to adjust the sound-music balance option in Brawl beforehand.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Here you go, all perfectly looped. The ones marked (looped) are songs that normally just run all the way through that I made loops for

Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories - COMPLETE Perfectly Looped Soundtrack By Moosehunter
Pokémon Battle Revolution - COMPLETE Perfectly Looped Soundtrack By Moosehunter
Pokémon XD - Gale of Darkness - COMPLETE Perfectly Looped Soundtrack By Moosehunter
Final Fantasy VI - Battle Theme By Moosehunter - DEMO
Final Fantasy VII - Advent Children - One-Winged Angel (looped) By Moosehunter - DEMO
Final Fantasy XIII - Battle Theme By Moosehunter - DEMO
Kirby Super Star - Gourmet Race By Moosehunter - DEMO
Kirby Super Star Ultra - Masked Dedede's Theme By Moosehunter - DEMO
Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time - Kokiri Forest By Moosehunter - DEMO
Legend of Zelda - Phantom Hourglass - Final Boss By Moosehunter - DEMO
Pokémon Platnum - Giratina Battle By Moosehunter - DEMO
Super Smash Bros. Melee - Targets! By Moosehunter - DEMO
Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 - His World (Looped) By Moosehunter - DEMO
Super Mario Sunshine - Bianco Hills By Moosehunter - DEMO

And on the front page you say that I rip the songs from their games in brstm format. I haven't had a single game where they've been in brstm format already, they're in a bunch of different formats so I've still had to convert them normally

Chepe

Smash Lord
I'd like to share my own creations, which are in seamless loop form. Some are already in the original post but mine start from the beginning of the song and loop correctly. Also, there are quite a few unappreciated songs in here that I'm sure many will enjoy:

F-Zero GX - For the Glory (Mute City) by Chepe - DEMO
Kirby's Dreamland 3 - Ripple Field 1 by Chepe - DEMO
LoZ: Link's Awakening - Ballad of the Windfish (lost track) by Chepe - DEMO
LoZ: Ocarina of Time - Ganondorf Battle by Chepe - DEMO
Mariokart 64 - Toad's Turnpike by Chepe - DEMO
Star Fox Command - The Loner, Falco Lombardi (lost track) by Chepe - DEMO
Super Smash Bros Melee - Fourside by Chepe - DEMO
Super Smash Bros Melee - Saria's Song by Chepe - DEMO
Super Metroid - Maridia (Rocky Underwater Area) by Chepe - DEMO
SMW2: Yoshi's Island - Castle & Fortress by Chepe - DEMO
SMW2: Yoshi's Island - Crystal Caves by Chepe - DEMO

Also one I had done at the factory beforehand:

Solar Striker - Stage 1/Stage 4 (remix) by SymphonicSage12

If anyone downloads any of these, please let me know what you think. These are my first creations and I'd like to know if they are up to par in regards to audio level and looping. Thank you!

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
Would anyone be interested in any songs from Oboro Muramasa/The Demon Blade?

I have the whole OST. 60 songs in all.

VysetheLegend

Smash Apprentice
Top Bottom