• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Character Movie

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
What character or series would you most be interested in seeing a movie about?
I know there have been a Super Mario Bros. movie but that was not cartoon or even cose to any of the games or storyline. so what would you guys like to see?

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
I personally alwayus wanted to see a good Zelda movie, actually Megaman but hes not in brawl.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Pokemon Movie....Ohwait....

But srs now, I'd like to see a Metroid movie. With some really good effects and a good looking Samus, it'd be a best seller. Or maybe get some Captain Falcon played by Chuck Norris. Or Ice Climbers....climbing ice.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
A movie about a video game is just wishful thinking.

They make video games out of popular movies near weekly. Go play one of those.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I play Brawl. :bee:

But I just realize how bad it is. :( And I don't think a movie would be a good idea at all. It'd only appeal to gamers that like Nintendo. Which won't rake in that much at all.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I think Metroid: The Movie would be pretty kewl and fun for everyone, but I unno. I know they are making a movie for Tekken. And Zelda would never work because Link...doesn't have a voice. And I know most people would prefer it stayed that way.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yeah, they absolutely ruined Mario with that movie.

Metroid isn't really popular enough. If they're aiming for the general audience to be teenagers, there's only a fraction of kids today that have played Metroid, and would be willing to see it.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
True, true, but if you get a nice trailer with an epic Samus vs. Ridley clip, no one wouldn't want to see it.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Why would metroid make a good film at all?!

Definitely Fire Emblem, at least the characters have personalities, although given my way, computer game characters will stick to computer games

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
wtf is wrong with you people?

METROID!!!

METAL GEAR!!!

With the right writers they CAN be good...

Zelda could kill some fans...

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
wtf is wrong with you people?

METROID!!!

METAL GEAR!!!

With the right writers they CAN be good...

Zelda could kill some fans...
Thank you. Zelda would just be ruined because Link CANT have a speaking part, it'd ruin the magic for people (Me atleast) Pikmin could have a semi good movie if they did it right.

CAPTAIN FALCON PLAYED BY CHUCK NORRIS PLZ.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
Thank you. Zelda would just be ruined because Link CANT have a speaking part, it'd ruin the magic for people (Me atleast) Pikmin could have a semi good movie if they did it right.

CAPTAIN FALCON PLAYED BY CHUCK NORRIS PLZ.
Zelda could definetly work as a movie, but on the condition that it be animated, think about it, Navi could talk for Link, and all he would have to do is take orders, everyone else talks, it would work.

I also know that there have been Street Fighters movies, both Animated and Live-Action, but I can't remember how good thwe Live-Action one was.

I agree that most of the video games in Brawl as far as Nintendo is concerned would not merit too good a movie, "right now" anyway, except maybe F-Zero, that could be cool.
I still think and have been waiting years for (my prayers will be answered someday) a good Megeman movie, Live-Action or Animated, preferably Live-Action though. My only hope is that they get a teenager to play Megaman and not an adult as that would be a huge mistake. His boyish physique and look is too well-known to be changed.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
I also know that there have been Street Fighters movies, both Animated and Live-Action, but I can't remember how good the Live-Action one was.
The live action one was a piece of **** (legend of chun-li right?)

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Super Mario! His first movie was really bad and I think it needs a huge remake. If not that then, The Legend of Zelda! Who wouldn't want to see that?

TP

Smash Master
Why are you guys asking for a Metal Gear movie? They already made one. It's called Metal Gear Solid 4. It should be out on DVD soon if you missed it back when it was in the theaters. Drew in pretty good sales. I hear they're talking about a sequel.

:034:

Scott!

Smash Lord
Hahaha, TP. But in all seriousness, a Metal Gear movie would be 7 hours long, and wouldn't make any sense. However, Snake would be awesome, and the movie would be worth the 7 hours to fans.

As far as Zelda, while my inner fanboy would get excited, I'd rather they don't risk it. They'd probably make Link speak, and that would just ruin it. There are things that work in games that don't work in movies.

That being said, I think a Metroid movie would work really well. Perhaps an adaptation of Prime? She'd have contacts, and would have to communicate with someone just because that's what movies do, but in general, her alone on Tallon IV searching for what happened would really work, I think.

F-Zero also has the potential, though Falcon's character is the kind such that he'd probably get really campy really fast, and the movie would be a hilarious but terrible endeavor. But the characters are developed enough, and the back story is developed yet open enough to make something work.

It's kind of too bad that Star Fox would be incredibly silly, because a game like SF 64 would have great potential for a movie if they weren't all goofy talking animals.

Hm, what else... Donkey Kong- no way. ICs- boring. Pit- too annoying, and obscure. Sonic- would probably suck, like his games of late, from what I hear. Pikmin- can't judge; haven't played the game. Fire Emblem might work; I really don't know them at all either. Earthbound-maybe???

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
There's always still the Mario Series, there's plenty of potential in that to be done right, even by doing Bowser as an actual Spiky Turtle and not as a human.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
earthbound/mother movie.... the insanity and terrible puns would eventually get itself to sell more than every other movie combined!

MGS movie.... i guess Scott! is right about the length and the doesn't-make-any-sense parts, but It would eventually work out to be EPIC ACTION PACKED ****!

F-Zero maybe... but captain falcon and chuck norris would have to have a battle... no wait!! that would create a black hole that immediately sucks up the world!! can't have that happening...

Metroid makes sense, but it would be wierd... i don't know how but it would be.

Donkey kong... no
pit... no

Kirby... don't they have one? i know they had a tv show that was awesome.

Fire Emblem... could be epic.

Star Fox... maybe, but they'll be forced to throw in a couple of the original, terribly funny quotes.

Nintendo... documentary?

Mario... i think they made one, but why not another?

they've basically all been covered by other people, but i just felt like saying something on all of them.

REL38

Smash Lord
I'm thinking Metroid would probably have the most potential.

It's based off of sci-fi type stuff so just that makes it movie worthy. All the space battles would get intense CGI along with the characters. Even Samus would look great since it'll give some reflection on what really goes on behind the helmet. A cast isn't really needed so they'll only really need a Samus where they'll probably just hire some hot actress.

Metroid has always had a serious feel to it so it would have more potential than something like Donkey Kong or Pokemon. It's about a female bounty hunter who takes out space monsters by blasting them to bits. Something like Fire Emblem dipicts a more older time period where everyone uses swords n weapons, but no explosions or high tech gear, so most people wouldn't watch it for said reason. I gotta say Metroid has the most potential. Even if they screw over the story, it'll still be action packed.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Something Like Fire Emblem Dipicts A More Older Time Period Where Everyone Uses Swords N Weapons, But No Explosions Or High Tech Gear, So Most People Wouldn't Watch It For Said Reason.
Lord Of The Rings

Harry Potter

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Metal Gear Solid - Would be awesome. I've also heard they're making one! Next year! Even better! :)

Fire Emblem - It would work, but it depends on which game they use. And if live action or anime.

Metroid - As it would be awesome, but there just isn't enough dialog to make one. So until the series is more developed, the writers would have to come up with a new storyline, which then would most likely suck just as much as other live action shooters.

Zelda - It'd be great, but there wouldn't be enough time to make a game like Zelda into a movie without cutting out most of the story and actual dialog. Plus, I just think that making a Zelda movie would turn out just like the DREADFUL CDi Games! :(

Mother/Earthbound - It could work?

Pokemon - Needs to come back to Theaters. 11 movies plus 1 in 4 weeks.

Mario - It would never work.
Paper Mario/Mario & Luigi RPG - Maybe?
Sonic - Is dead to most now, and would only turn into Sonic X the Movie.
Kirby - Would turn out the same as Sonic, except for being dead.
F-Zero - See previous answer

Anything else would turn out like Mario.

REL38

Smash Lord
Hm, what else... Donkey Kong- no way. ICs- boring. Pit- too annoying, and obscure. Sonic- would probably suck, like his games of late, from what I hear. Pikmin- can't judge; haven't played the game. Fire Emblem might work; I really don't know them at all either. Earthbound-maybe???
I would like to see them make an IC's movie where the climbers gotta climb some giant mountain to achieve fame n glory. The moral could be that it takes teamwork to chain grab to solve the problems they encounter.

Lord Of The Rings

Harry Potter
But those have magic. Besides, Harry Potter is in a world where cars n stuff exist. It's just not used very much, but it's there. I'm not sure Fire Emblem has magic. Not trying to say it wouldn't be a good movie though.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I'm not a Metroid fan, but I can totally picture a movie made out of the Metroid series. In fact, a movie was going to be made, but the project was turned down multiple times and it is still waiting to be taken up.

But other than Metroid, a movie on the Star Fox series (although it would obviously be directed towards younger audiences) would seem likely and maybe a Zelda movie.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I take back everything that I said.

Animated Earthbound movie with the same Ness voice actor would be amazing.

Top Bottom