• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl cannot be topped. So what will they do for SSB 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nindgod

Smash Journeyman
This game is made of win. Pure, 100% saturated fat free win.

So.... what comes next, if a game is already the best it can be?

At least we have 7 years to spend with Brawl before demanding new flavours.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Im pretty sure I've seen in one of Sakurai's interviews/ mail translations/ other, that Brawl would be the last, making for an epic trilogy.

Gumshoe87

Smash Cadet
I'm going to go with catinthehat and say that this is the last one...at least for Sakurai

I wouldn't be surprised to eventually see smash DS though.

Yeah the level builder and if they trow in character customization, then it is game over. It will be the last one.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I have seen the future and it is: Super Smash Bros. Rumble Arena!

- 3D fighter, free movement abilities using all the character capabilities in 3D not a 2D but a 3D fighting

(Similar gameplay to multilayer mode in Donkey Kong 64)

rockmace

Smash Apprentice
you noticed that brawl is the Fanservice Paradise, right?

five to seven years, the average lifespan for a console, is more than enought time to create more stuff to add. this, if the gaming doesn't change, wich seems unlikely to me.

brawl was keept melee-like for unknown reasons, but nintendo is surely not aiming at keeping the gaming like we know it. at least, not with analog sticks and those old stuff.

otherwise, the purpose of the wii wouldnt be fulfilled.

but, on a sci-fi world, the only way to improve such a great game, guess it would be making it multiplatform. I cannot think of any cool feature that doesn't already have on it.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Since the Wiimote can essentially be a 3D analog stick, why not make it 3D? Jab forward with a button press to do a forward smash, flick to the side to do a sideways smash, flick up for an up smash, etc. And you could to "tilts" with slower movements.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Im pretty sure I've seen in one of Sakurai's interviews/ mail translations/ other, that Brawl would be the last, making for an epic trilogy.
lol, yeah right. I doubt Nintendo would just stop making a series that has made them a RIDICULOUS amount of money. Nintendo's a business like any other; they don't live by some crazy "honor code." They live by the code of "sell what will make us money."

Salty123

Smash Apprentice
I also think that the games will form a trilogy but, I think taht they could find something to improve even if it's just more characters or stages. :bumper:

Sir James

The Doctor
Brawl sounds like it could be the last Smash game for Sakurai. Nintendo practically begged Sakurai to come back to make Brawl. But who knows...if Brawl ends up surpassing Melee in sales (which it most likely will), maybe Sakurai will finally see that the fans love his work and never want him to stop. Nintendo might be able to do a little convincing and get him to come back to make a fourth game.

Regardless, I have a feeling that Smash will continue with or without Sakurai. The franchise is way too popular to give up.

As for SSB4, who knows at this point. Online play will probably be further developed, as well as even more characters and game characters representing various games and franchises.

dark-war-cloud

Smash Journeyman
it would be nice if they had a videocard that came with the game? but it is way too early to be talking about ssb4 XD
i dont even think they will release one, if they do... it might just be the same as smash, =]

brawl1994

Smash Journeyman
i would be ok with brawl being the last, as long as they have it being updated every so often, like you can download new modes and such, and new characters

Invader_JDGir

Smash Rookie
i couldn't find much of a plot in the first two. brawl sounds like it will have an amazing plot. i think if they do create a new one it will continue with this plot, have new modes, even better graphics, and basically top brawl. but that won't come out for 7 - 10 years. can't wait for brawl... but then again it might very well be the last one.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
zomg u ppl are like my uncle....the man is smelling breakfast being prepared and he asks what we are having for lunch this weekend...

but w/e...hee hee

if there is a SSB4...I wouldnt be surprised if Sakurai isnt behind it...maybe a DS remake of SSB64 with enhanced graphics and maybe some characters that were originally planned for the first one....like Peach, Wario, Bowser, Pit...etc..........

but we cant really say much until the game starts to get slightly stale for us.......so good luck having the patience for an answer...

SmirkySmirker

Smash Rookie
The next smash bros will be full HD, with next next gen graphics, 100 characters, 200 stages, a 50 hour single player campaign, 12 player online, 5 new Nintendo franchise characters (new franchises), and will be controlled by a chip inserted into the brain which detects your thoughts and converts them into actions, movements, and attacks in the game.

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
If this is sakurai's last Smash then either brawl will be the last smash or

1. any new ones will use the same engine as brawl, but just add stuff.(like many yearly franchise)

2.they make new stuff, but it will never live up to sakurai's creations

3. Miyamoto, Aonuma or some other awesome nintendo guy gets full control over Smash and makes it even more awesome then it ever was.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I wouldn't go so far as to say Brawl is the best. This is Sakurai's last Smash project so anything after Brawl will be very similar.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
There could be a smash bros 4. But, It would only be made for the next-gen console, which we have no idea what it will be like. It's going to be more innovative then the wii, so im sure SSB 4 could be incorporated into it. If it is the last smash bros game, then it was well lived. Brawl will last for years after years.

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
Brawl can be topped, but it's gonna take a WHOLE LOT of creativity to top its already epic nature.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I suppose everyone is entitled to there own opinion.:ohwell:

Whatever, I picture playing Smash 4 as Itachi Uchiha. So what if my dream is farfetched! Let me to dream!
truth be told the main reason I am so anti anime-in-smash is because it is my worst nightmare to see somebody playing as NAH-roo-TOE in this game.

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
Brawl might be the last one, so let's look forward to a handheld version, something that's been asked for a billion times.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Without Sakurai, there will be no more winning Smash. Sakurai is as much of a game fan as us, he puts tons of detail into the character's moves and personality (though he does have an odd sense of detail in Mario characters). Nintendo knew they needed him for this game. Its hilarious, Sakurai left Nintendo for being forced to churn out sequels against his ideas but here he is heading a sequel again.

The Kirby games without Sakurai heading them just "lack" something. They do a decent job, but you can definitely feel Sakurai's influence in his games. I'm not looking forward to whatever Smash Nintndo churns out without him. Brawl will probably be it.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
This game is made of win. Pure, 100% saturated fat free win.

So.... what comes next, if a game is already the best it can be?

At least we have 7 years to spend with Brawl before demanding new flavours.
Agreed. The only thing they could possibly do to make Super Smash Bros any better would be to turn the game case into a waffle maker. Then all of my dreams will have come true.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Super Smash Bros 4.... The MMORPG with 3D surroundings?
Custom character maker? The game's gotta lead to somewhere...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
truth be told the main reason I am so anti anime-in-smash is because it is my worst nightmare to see somebody playing as NAH-roo-TOE in this game.
Naruto doesn't represent all of anime.....Goku does.

And wouldn't you want to beat the living snot out of em given the chance?

Magnacor

Smash Ace
To add anime characters and other tight 3rd party characters like Dante and Vergil.
*sigh* Nintendo already stated that no character that didn't originate from a video game qill be in Brawl.

I have seen the future and it is: Super Smash Bros. Rumble Arena!

- 3D fighter, free movement abilities using all the character capabilities in 3D not a 2D but a 3D fighting

(Similar gameplay to multilayer mode in Donkey Kong 64)

No. That would be awful. If it was a 3D fighter you would probably have even less freedom not top m,ention that it would be nearly impossible to get a good veiw. That might work for a game with just two characters on the field, but if you add a third into the mix it wouldn't work.

Albiel

Smash Apprentice
I have a hard time seeing how this game could be improved in any way other than graphics or character customization. Don't know about online, since I think it can be a blessing or a curse, depending on the person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom