• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl anecdotes or: Stupid things we say while playing SSBB.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
What the ****! Sonic is so broken! He can punch through tornadoes! *Me getting FSmashed by Sonic as Metaknight while using the Mach Tornado*

Godddd! What the **** was he thinking when he put tripping in this game?! *Me tripping into Snake's FSmash*

Aww ****...*Seeing Snake enter the stage*

I have a potty mouth. 3:

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
My eight year old little sister, after playing Captain Falcon a bit, grabbed me and quickly said, "Falcon KNEEEEEE!"

She didn't even know the meme. XD

"So Pit is the best character?"

"I wanna play with Smash Balls because I'm good at aiming them."

"Trott, can we play Braw?"

"You should do Random 'cause I know all your Pit and Fox and Meta Knight moves."
(If you do, then why do you keep losing...?)

All by an eight year old. I love her. 8D

MPH Deku

Smash Journeyman
When I do Wolf's down taunt, a yell "BEAST!" as soon as he slaps his hand on the floor. That way, it sounds like Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia doing the move of the same name.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Whenever I see a Pit (even on my side in team battles) I cringe.
I don't want to win, because that's victory for him as well.
But I don't want to lose, because I play a very decent Ike, and I don't want people to think he sucks just because I played lost.

And I randomly scream OOOOOOOOOOOOH! in the middle of a combo (or simply an attack chain that they don't DI out of) or chaingrab.

I did that once when I laserlocked an Ike.
And a Charizard.
And several others in Team Battles.
Unfortunately, my team mate doesn't get the fact that if you hit the laserlock victim, they WILL get up, and they ALWAYS screw it up.
That's why I don't bother and use Ike.
He's beastly.
Yeah.

KidSmash

Smash Journeyman
lol, screaming and doing random noises in brawl is very fun
FOR EXAMPLE:

Meteoring someone with ROB:
"BRRRRRRRRUAAAAAAHHYEAHHHHHHH"

Or doing MetaK's Fspecial:
TRAIQIQIQIQIQIQIYAYYAYYAYYYAYYAYYAYYA"

Ah yes...its fun:).

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
when someone plays jigglypuff or kirby or MK

every time i hit them with a gun or something i go

BOOM HEADSHOT!!!!! =D
then the opponent will be stuned by my stupidity so i can go in for the kill =D

MetaRidleyX

Smash Apprentice
When I get an awesome kill with ROB I yell "you've just been ROB'd!!"

My firend, who play G&W, sings this song he made up when a smash ball appears "octopus! we need an octopus over here! the octopus will **** you!" or sometihng like that, and somehow the smash ball goes right to him.

When using Captain Falcon up B "Falcoon ****!"

When using diddy's side B "face ****!"

A friend who also uses zelda almost always accidentaly fires the light arrow off the stage rather than towards us. When someone does something similar to this we say "you pulled a kelvin"

When picking MK, I say "bite me!" because if you pick him with the wiimote it sounds like he says that.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Whenever I play as Falco I always tend to do a double taunt, you know the ones that sound like "don't try me" then I follow up with "piece of cake", however I say to myself "don't try my pizza cake" I know it's silly but it's always a good laugh for me XD

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Whenever Pit uses his FS, if me or one of my brothers is there, we'll yell "ROAD TRIP!! MOVE OUT!!" We always knew he didn't say that, but it sounds like it, and for the longest time, we couldn't figure out what he said.

Killing Sonic during a taunt (or at least hitting him) always results in a "WHO'S TOO SLOW NOW?!"

My brother when he randoms to pink Captain Falcon: "Dangit, I got the pink one. Now I'm gonna lose..."

But the best one ever...

My brothers and one sister were playing a Brawl on a Custom Stage. We were all Samus, but I chose to start the match as Zero Suit, because I could. So we play for a while, before a Smash Ball appears. I, being awesome, got the Smash Ball, used the Final Smash, becoming Samus and saying:

"Look, guys!! Now I'm the Samus you!"

Pink-eye

Smash Apprentice
when i meteor smash someone into the ground of the stage, i yell "SIT DOWN!" and may add "your ***" or other words in between that

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
Often, when I play Ike, I (loudly) misinterpret his cry of 'Aether' as 'PIZZA!"

When playing on Norfair when the lava starts to encroach on the screen, shouts of "feed it the boy! We must appease it!" are often heard.

To annoy people when I pick Ike at the selection screen, I often say "Prepare yourself, because Ike fights for his friends and you won't get any sympathy from him."

Various racial comments always seem to accumulate around the Brooklyn-accented, gangsta-style-shooting Falco, especially when I play him in his dark colors.

SmashAura4

Smash Apprentice
I got probed by Marth's shield breaker from behind.

I call Yoshi the *sshole because of that annoying song.

I get beat by ZSS all the time because I swear I hear latex stretching. Mmm....latex

The Kenth

Smash Rookie
Soo, me and 2 of my friends use to play some random brawl or melee. Yea, all items on, and random map and all. And sometimes we play 1v1v1 without items, now 2 of us 3 have brawl and play it active, but the last guy play only for fun, thats why we dont play 1v1, and chance blahblah. Now this guy is so pro, so when someone gets high %, u can see this guy changing directions and come for the guy with those high %. Thats when we shout "HERE COMES THE STAIAN" (yea, we call him that)

Now when one of us got 111%, he says "NOW YOU'RE DEAD <insert name>", and allways, ALLWAYS does that guy die first. Can be obvious, but when one got 111%, while the other guy got 160%, the guy with 111% allways die first, something like a curse he's casted on us

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
After every trip, I say one of the following:

"I love you Sakurai."

"MASAHIRO SAKURAAIIIIII!!!1!"

"**** you Sakurai."

"I think an image of Masahiro Sakurai just flashed before my eyes."

...or if it's a friendly:

-don't get up and let your opponent get a free hit on you

-throw your controller at the TV

-hit the reset button

-pause and zoom in and out repeatedly

-don't pause, get up, and go use the bathroom

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
I tend to go "HYYYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!" when using Pit's side-B. Also, I like to taunt along with him. My voice + Pit's voice = melted eardrums.

My little sister loves to yell, "Aether!" after Ike's up-B. She does it over... and over... and over... and over again... *shudder*

And the classic...
*Lucario gets the Smash Ball* "Watch the power of Aura!"
"SHOOP DA WHOOOP!"

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
"Olimar's a ****ing abusive father for throwing his kids like that."

After a character uses a surprisingly strong attack. "Wow, they found Ike's stash of steroids."

Luigi's fair. "JUDO CHOP, B*TCH!"

ZSS. "LOOK! THE BOOBIES!" (reference to 'Brawlgasm' on youtube).

Pwn@g3

Smash Rookie
My 2 favorites are...

DO A BARREL ROLL!-When rolling with the landmaster

CANT LET YOU DO THAT STARFOX!-when Im Wolf and my friend tries to beat me with Fox

Elektrik

Smash Rookie
Two of my friends were playing a 1v1 match, Olimar and Wolf.

Wolf starts killing all of Olimar's pikmin; the guy playing Olimar says, "if you keep doing that, I'm gonna call the animal abuse hotline!"
Olimar then proceeds to KO Wolf. Wolf replies "I'm an animal too so I better call them as well!"

TheAceOfSmash

Smash Apprentice
*Ike taunt when someone SD's* Explain yourself.
*Sonic taunt* I'm too cheap!
*Whenever someone activates a final smash* DO IT NOW, GOHAN!!!
*When I sweetspot up+B with Charizard* Up the butt, Charizard!

EDIT: Whenever someone trips: "Dammit, Sakurai!"

Naglfar

Smash Rookie
If I happen to be playing with items on for some stupid reason, I tend to count the Dragoon pieces I get. One... two... aw, crap... two........ one........ one.... ONE... two...! One... *sigh* Ah, two! ...Two... TWO... TWO........ three! *death ensues*

Proof that I be ********.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Wolf starts killing all of Olimar's pikmin; the guy playing Olimar says, "if you keep doing that, I'm gonna call the animal abuse hotline!"
Olimar then proceeds to KO Wolf. Wolf replies "I'm an animal too so I better call them as well!"
this one takes the cake :laugh:

anyways some would be like:

"as long as I win you'll never win because I'm awesome"
"you cheated, you're so cheap"
"I'll DK you with my Barrel Roll"
"Show me your Boobs" the Captain Falcon proceedes by ripping of your shirt

mysticwolf

Smash Journeyman
Two of my friends were playing a 1v1 match, Olimar and Wolf.

that's actually pretty funny :chuckle:

Meccs

@Meccs_
amongst my friends:

R.O.B. is know as "The Born Winner" because my friend picked him the first time he played brawl, and called him that. He then proceeded to win every match while using R.O.B....

We call Captain Falcon "The Captain" just cause it sounds cool

The Captain's ^B is know as "Falcon ****"

Ganondorf is known as "Ganon*****" or simply "The *****" (I really have no idea why)

The following taunts are frequently used:

"Show me your moves!"

"Come on" (CF, not Fox)

"What's the matter, scared?"

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
I kept saying 'Now, I'll show you!' aloud and my mom scolded me which got a laugh from my friends.

Also, I imagine a remix of anything anyone says in-game like the You're too Slow sparta remix.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
This is the best thread ever.

Some favorites in our group:

Pulling a Kyle: Using Side-B instead of Up-B. This usually leads to...

FALCON NO!: Self-Destructing by going off the side with a Raptor Boost. (Also common with Falco, Fox, Wolf, Ganondorf, Yoshi, and on rare occasions Meta Knight)

Jiggly PAUSE!: An unofficial Jigglypuff move. While playing Jiggly, press the Pause button at awkward times (preferably when sent flying).

"Thank you, tripping": Said with disgust when you trip, said with joy when your opponent trips.

"GO MY DRAGON MINION!": In a team battle, Snake placed a C4 on Yoshi who then charged towards the enemy and was exploded.

And our personal favorite...
(after an Ike victory) "I fight for my friends."
"YOUR FRIENDS ARE STUPID!"
"Yes?"

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
this isn't really something I said, but one time i won a team battle as ike WITH ike as my partner, and they said "i fight for my friends" and "you'll get no sympathy from me" at the same time... it ended up being:

"i fight for my sympathy from me!"

Roihu

Smash Ace
GANGSTA BOWSAH!
My friend says that a lot on one of Bowser's costumes and I caught it. :p

Top Bottom