• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ and Ganon's Sword? (Code in video descr)

Swordplay

Smash Lord
goodoldganon.

I know 1 and 2 are fixable.

3 will kind of suck if we can never fix it. ( I hope we can ) If we can I hope we can texture hack it or something to give it some sort of sweet animation to go along with the extended range.

4. Ya I heard it was isolated incidents. maybe a certain method doesn't work well or something IDK. my source isn't the most credible on this 1 though. It was just a you-tube user comment

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
I only had very few codes on when I made that video but there apperantly is a glitch with it. Here's a pic I found on gscentral.

I wasn't able to recreate it, so it probably isn't the texture codes but something else that's causing this.

Swordplay

Smash Lord

Revven

FrankerZ
Wait, isn't the range already fit to the sword's length? The beam sword seems to stay inside the sword's model and I've watched a few videos, it doesn't look like it even extends like it's supposed to. Can someone please confirm this? (That it doesn't work like a normal beam sword as far as range goes?)

:034:

Smash Hero
As a Ganondorf main that plays him in Melee, Brawl and Brawl+, I have been mostly against Ganondorf using his sword as a main way of attacking. Ganondorf pretty much hates the sword, he doesn't use it until the final battle... and even so he does it reluctantly.

He doesn't always have swords in his LoZ entries, in fact he only has them in the latter games (TP and WW, for instance). Before that, it was trident and magic all the way.

If you are really going to put this into B+ I won't complain, but it should NOT replace the 'normal' Ganondorf. Players should be able to switch between the two movesets if they wish. And, the sounds should be replaced because it sounds really silly. >_>

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
If you are really going to put this into B+ I won't complain, but it should NOT replace the 'normal' Ganondorf. Players should be able to switch between the two movesets if they wish. And, the sounds should be replaced because it sounds really silly. >_>
But nobody is thinking about reemplacing normal ganon, as said before one of the main priorities is to be able to change back and forth the moveset to the players like, in case the wouldn't be able to change to normal, then there's no way the code is gonna make to the plussery

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Regardless of if this makes it into the set or not, ganon will be balanced around standard ganon first and foremost. If sword ganon is added to the plussery set, it will be designed in a way that does give distinct advantages, however, will ideally be made inferior to the standard ganon set. At times it may prove to be the more advantageous set to use, but it should not be designed in a way that would be his "go-to" option.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
I only had very few codes on when I made that video but there apperantly is a glitch with it. Here's a pic I found on gscentral.

I wasn't able to recreate it, so it probably isn't the texture codes but something else that's causing this.
I get the exact same thing...

Im guessing it has to do with the attacks that have been modified?

I will patiently wait for the fixed code...

NOTE: Im using the texture code as well, but I havent assigned one to normal ganondorf.

:034:

Smash Hero
Regardless of if this makes it into the set or not, ganon will be balanced around standard ganon first and foremost. If sword ganon is added to the plussery set, it will be designed in a way that does give distinct advantages, however, will ideally be made inferior to the standard ganon set. At times it may prove to be the more advantageous set to use, but it should not be designed in a way that would be his "go-to" option.
Thanks, that's kind of what I really wanted to hear.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
This kind of stuff really gets me excited. Would it be possible for the sword to only be dropped (not thrown), and always disappear on ground impact? Also, It would probably be faster but less powerful than his basic attacks right?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
This is cool and all, but I can't help but to feel jealous.

My good ideas never get attention.

</bawww>

I'd probably use Sword Ganon over Ganon any day though. <3

Yes.

Imagine the droves of people we could attract. The Plussery's slogan could be "Our Ganon has a Sword" and we'd convert at least half of world's population to Brawl+. Seriously.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
We have the ability to edit anything about this game we want, yet according to user "LuigiKing" the only thing separating a character from sucking and being awesome is a gimmicky code which wasn't even made for brawl+ to begin with. Something is wrong with this picture.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Haha guys take a chill pill, I know regular Ganon is going to get changed first (at least I hope he is?)
Though sword ganon is fricking awesome!

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
We have the ability to edit anything about this game we want, yet according to user "LuigiKing" the only thing separating a character from sucking and being awesome is a gimmicky code which wasn't even made for brawl+ to begin with. Something is wrong with this picture.
You know that sounds a lot like another fiercely debated character.

But yea balancing normal ganon should come first.

Blad01

Smash Lord
This is.... AWESOME O_O

But yeah i agree with leafgreen ^^ This could be used to compete with long-ranged attacks (Marth, Ike etc) only, but still be inferior to the default moveset...
What is pretty hard is to find a way to make it useful so that we want to use it sometimes, but not superior to the normal set so that we will still use the latter...

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Well, looking at it...
I think that his sword is way too long. No wait, it's not too long. That's when he ftilts and fsmashes that it BECOMES too long.

It's pretty cool and all, but it's almost a whip right now.

@Blad01: Yeah, compete against long-ranged attacks... Marth's falchion sword's long? My game must be messed up then. 'Cause it's as short as a dagger.

Blad01

Smash Lord
@Blad01: Yeah, compete against long-ranged attacks... Marth's falchion sword's long? My game must be messed up then. 'Cause it's as short as a dagger.
Lol I don't know how long is Ganon's word on his FTilt and Fsmash yet, so I don't know your definition of "long". But yes, Marth's Fair has decent range compared to most Ganon's answers at it... (I could see Bair as a counter to it if well-timed and spaced, or Fair with awesome prediction skills...)

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
It may work better if it was applied to a modified baseball bat, as the beam sword gets really freakin big.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Sounds like an awesome idea. I'm all up for it!

This is what I love the most about Brawl+. We could practically make ANYTHING out of this game.

Also which ftilt is cooler? The Sparta Kick or the Sword Slash?

Things like this should be taken to consideration. :p

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Sword slash, hands down. You don't have to use the taunt to get the other animations to work, BTW. The same thing happens, just the sword is invisible. try it.:chuckle:

Top Bottom