• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
patchnotes said:
Can act of of closed parasol with dodges, attacks, etc. Cannot use Up-B again until hitting the ground again.
Was trying this today and doesn't seem to be working. Is there anything special that should be done or should it be something simple like Up-B, press down, forward air, press up to get parasol back?

As is obvious from above, we were playing a fair bit of Peach today, felt she's still pretty similar. A suggestion that popped up was bringing back her more powerful down-smash, like it was in Melee?

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
As far as I'm aware, you can't put the parasol back out. The buff is just so that you can act after gaining the extra height, and so that you can mix up your recovery a bit and throw in a float after UpB instead of the other way around.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
As far as I'm aware, you can't put the parasol back out. The buff is just so that you can act after gaining the extra height, and so that you can mix up your recovery a bit and throw in a float after UpB instead of the other way around.
Oh yeah, durp, she can't normally do anything after parasol. *Facepalm*

QUIVO

Smash Master
Is there a thread of the best/good Brawl Minus videos? This **** looks too good. I love the idea of everyone being broken

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
There's currently a combo video on smashmods.com. There's a bunch of fights on youtube as well, just make sure you search for Brawl Minus, not Brawl- (it removes the term Brawl when you do the - after). I'm unaware of there being a thread, though someone was planning on making some videos.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
As far as I know, there used to be some changelists of vB to 1.0, but there doesn't seem to be any from vB to 1.5. Changelists are still needed for most if not all characters.

maathimself

Smash Cadet
The changelists do take time and effort to compile, and I'd rather have have the developers spend that time working on the next release. I don't need to know about every little change to enjoy the game.

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
It's not a matter of "time and effort to POST", it's that it takes a long time to work up from vBrawl to 1.5, because they have to go through EVERY piece of the character to check things, along with any hex editing that was done. We have a good enough 1.0>1.5 list that will last us until the next release or until changelists get put out.

Also, as I've said before, you can help them out and pick a character and figure out the majority of things that were done in PSA from vBrawl, then they can polish and finish it up from there. Not helping by complaining that the people already doing 98% of the work in the game aren't doing MORE work (that is less important, even!).

tl;dr: Don't be lazy, do what you can yourself. :)

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
As far as I know, there used to be some changelists of vB to 1.0, but there doesn't seem to be any from vB to 1.5. Changelists are still needed for most if not all characters.
Just read vB to 1.0, then 1.0 to 1.5. That works, right?

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but if you use Falcon's fast Paunch through the secret taunt so that you land during that short wind-up time, it delays the Paunch. The time varies though, but I've seen it take a second longer at times.

JOE!

Smash Hero
BBrawl had complete changelist for every character on each release...and they only have like AA and thinka working on it <.<

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
That's 2 more people than we have working on it.

Jk, I don't even really know what goes on there.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
They make subtle changes in most cases. The majority of our releases add 2KB to each pac. Plus, the more people, the more mayhem. The less people, the more organization.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
You know what? I think I might just make one vid or however many are needed, of the major changes to characters. Would that be good enough for now or do you actually NEED text changelists? I *might* be able to make a changelist or two if I get more freetime, but I'm busy with other things.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Problem is, in the first iteration of B-, a lot of people donated builds that weren't well documented, and then disappeared. So now the remaining staff have to analyze and document it, and when one could instead be working on developing new things and fixing up characters, there's not a whole lot of incentive to do that until you're sure the character isn't going to undergo any drastic changes.

At least that's my understanding.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Tson, when I get home on Friday I can start working on changelists if you want another worker.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I wanted to let you guys know that I moderate this forum now, and if you have any problems, let me know. Thanks.

JOE!

Smash Hero
well, they dont have to be super-detailed...

just maybe like a "highlight reel" of the BIG changes on chars, like drastically changed moves (Links arrow for example) or character traits (Bowser's super-armor)

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Heavy armor, ****it. >_> Super armor is absorbing all damage and taking no knockback. Heavy armor is absorbing all damage under a certain percent and taking no knockback under a certain percent. I'll make a vid soon, but you'll have to wait for some characters because they're getting slightly redone.

JOE!

Smash Hero
sorry, thought he actually got alot of SA over the natural HA n alot of moves? <.<

(see, this is why we need change lists...)

En1gmaSPY-23

Smash Rookie
Had to create another account because i forgot the ******* password and e-mail for the other one...jeebus christus.

Anyway, i thought i'd share this vid I uploaded today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plybzm8phPQ

Sorry for the crappy quality, but hey, at least i'm putting SOMETHING up. Check out them double YESZ YESZ knees. I love Falcon. Did i mention i'm the one playing Falcon? Falcon Falcon Falcon. Falcon is good.

I will try and upload the rest tomorrow and post 'em here if i can.

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I played Brawl- when it first first came out and only half the cast was broken. But ****, they were broken, and **** it it was really fun.

And now I try the updated Brawl- and everyone is disappointingly less broken. :\ What happened? I guess it's fairly well balanced, but the broken-ness seems to be gone.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
It's a difficult situation to be in, having to keep up both brokenness and balancing. Some things were deemed too broken to balance so they had to be removed. Almost, if not all of, the characters who had things removed gained something else in exchange.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I've been busy/away, so I haven't been able to help much, but I can give you high level play feedback.

Ganondorf's SideB should be jump cancel-able. This single change will make him viable/on par with the rest of the cast IMO. Oh, and this isn't absolutely necessary, but move the IASA frames for punch to 1 frame before the hitbox comes out. This way, the opponent can't just punish an accidental punch with OHKO on Ganon. Normally, I'm all for punishing mistakes, but I don't believe it was intended for the punch to K.O. Ganon on block in the first place.

Wario is dumb. Fix him. I don't understand how you nerfed Lucario for stalling reasons before Wario. If you want to leave him nuts, buff his UpB height even more, and nerf the hell outta his jumps. If you leave Wario exactly as he is, but make his full hop the height of his old SH, and his second jump reach his old Full Hop at Peak, while letting his aerials autocancel, you'll have an amazing character.

Lower the rate of fire on ZSS blaster, and Pikachu's Tjolt

Give more characters reflectors. You could change some taunts to be reflectors (I think), though typically everyone has at least one attack that I've seen deserving of reflection.
Marth/Ike's Counter and Ftilts
Ganon's sword taunt
Falcon's Ftilt/Utilt
etc. When I get a chance to talk on Skype, we'll go through this.

-_skinny_-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3668-9841-7290
ok so im a n00b, i need help installing this epicness
Yeah im extremelly noobish (hate if u want) but im stuck and i havnt had my wii hacked for long so im new to it still
Basically i need step by step instructions :(
All i did was download the zip file and now im confuzzled.
I tried a couple of times but it doesnt seem to work
So yeah, can anyone help? TNX!!!

EDIT: Do i only need Gecko OS? and im new to that too what do i do?
I hit "load game" but Brawl+ loaded...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom