• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Temporary G&W Changelist

[collapse=Mr. Game & Watch]
------------------
==Mr. Game & Watch==
------------------

==JABS/DASH ATTACK==

Jab 1 - Unchanged.

Jab 2 - Unchanged.

Jab 3 - Unchanged.

Jab Multi - Unchanged.

Dash Attack - Unchanged.

==TILTS==

Forward Tilt - Less Cooldown / More Knockback.

Up Tilt - Less Cooldown / More Knockback.

Down Tilt - More Knockback.

==SMASHES==

Forward Smash - Slightly Less Cooldown / Can now tilt in a direction.

Up Smash - Unchanged.

Down Smash - Unchanged.

==AERIALS==

Brawl Neutral Air (Tap A) - Unchanged.

Melee Neutral Air (Hold A) - Extremely Powerful.

Forward Air - Less Cooldown / Slightly More Knockback.

Back Air - Has 7+1 hitboxes instead of 5+1 hitboxes.

Up Air - Each windbox deals 1% damage.

Down Air - Always spikes... ALWAYS.

==GRABS/THROWS==

Standing Grab - Unchanged.

Dash Grab - Unchanged.

Pivot Grab - Unchanged.

Pummel - Unchanged.

Forward Throw - Unchanged.

Back Throw - Unchanged.

Up Throw - Less Knockback (sets up for combo).

Down Throw - Unchanged.

==SPECIALS==

Neutral Special - More air mobility while using this move.

Side Special - More air mobility while using this move.
#1 - Mario Cape effect. Less damage to self. Breaks shields.
#2 - Poison effect.
#3 - ZSS Dsmash Stun effect.
#4 - Sleep effect.
#5 - Spikes / Grounding effect.
#6 - More Knockback.
#7 - Shield Break Stun effect.
#8 - Unchanged.
#9 - Unchanged.

Up Special - More Invincibility? / More Knockback.

Down Special - Catching 1 projectile auto-fills bucket / Can no long hold bucket out as long as you want.

==OTHER==

Attributes - Run speed increased. Weight decreased.

==MISC==

N/A[/collapse]

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Hey, just an idea.

What if you gave charizard Belly drum for a move?

It does about 50% to him, and it triples the damage on all his attacks for that life.

Just an idea, since I heard that you were contemplating giving him stealth rock.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
dear god coding nightmare

we'd need a variable check on every attack. @_@

that would make a kickass downB tho

PK-ow!

Smash Lord

Could you do it like a subtransformation... changing Charizard to BellyDrum-Charizard, like Warioman? Because it lasts until the end of the stock, you have certain conditions you can exploit... which aren't taken advantage of in a variable check design.
EDIT: Like, I mean, just copying over the routines for normal Charizard to another location, changing them for Belly Drum, and just pointing over there and ignoring normal Charizard, until you're pointed back? Does the architecture let you do that?

Would it take a lot more or less memory?

I find it funny G&W doesn't need any changes but Judgment insanity. XD

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I think most, if not all of G&W- 's attacks are changed, its just they are minor improvements I don't know off the top of my hand. Though, I'm almost certain Dsmash is completely unchanged.

Btw, his jab (gas pump) should have a poison effect ;)

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
GnW is very good. With his increased speed, you can now do amazing things out of a dash, you have amazing air options and now Fair has no lag, with Nair for both damage @ K.O.s, and then judgment is likely to set up for death.

Ulevo

Smash Master
GnW is very good. With his increased speed, you can now do amazing things out of a dash, you have amazing air options and now Fair has no lag, with Nair for both damage @ K.O.s, and then judgment is likely to set up for death.
G&W is one of the characters I feel is perfect right now.

Revven

FrankerZ

Ya know, I dunno if you've bothered to try but, wouldn't it (theoretically) be possible to make Zard have a second down B done kind of in the same vein as how G&W has both fishbowl and parachute? You know, hold down B to switch, press down B to use his new attack. That'd be a cool way to give the PT Pokemon a new move each.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord

The only nightmarish part would be how tedious it would be. Shouldn't be too hard.

Another idea, give charizard the blaze ability.

When he's over 100%, his fire type moves (fsmash, fair, bair sweetspot, dthrow, ftilt, flamethrower) do 1.5x the damage.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
the thing is, people won't really notice that the attacks are doing 1.5x damage, which kind of defeats the point when people don't realize it's happening.

maybe change the animations a bit, like making the fire blue when he hits over 100% (in addition to the boosted power).

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I honestly think you would reach psa limit very very very quickly doing anything with variable damage on Charizard's moves. I remember Pichu had to have a lot of time put into coding around the limits with Discharge.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Congratulations on a job well done, Brawl- team.

My friends (who don't particularly play Brawl at a competitive level) and I played this for 4 hours straight yesterday. We played both FFAs and singles matches non-stop and were super happy at finding new quirks about all the characters, haha. All of the characters feel fresh and, most importantly, fun. In addition, if you lost a stock randomly or died early on, there was never a feeling of being upset. You just want to respawn or get to the next game to enjoy the hilarity.

For the matter of tournament viability, I would probably play Brawl- at a side event at a tournament. Hell, I might even go to a 100% Brawl- tournament. I know for sure that I'd have a lot of fun, regardless.

A thought crossed my mind while playing as Ike- yesterday, though, and I'd like to know if what I could suggest would be possible to code and logical from a gameplay standpoint. You guys made Aether's landing hit heal 5%, a reference to the Sol portion of Ike's Aether ability from his games. I was wondering if, just as some sort of easter egg, it would be possible to add in the other part of Aether into Ike-. This part (Luna) pretty much just gets the enemy defense cut in half. What I figured would be possible would be to make either the landing hit of Aether cut the enemy's shield in half or alternatively have Ike's Up Taunt make his sword glow blue which would give his next sword attack double damage on a shield hit.

Not sure if it's possible or if you care enough to do it but I figured that it wouldn't be particularly overpowered and would be a neat ability in line with Captain Falcon's taunt buff that would be a reference to his games.

Either way, though, Brawl- is an excellent mod. More than that, actually. Brawl Minus is an excellent game and I hope more people play it because if they don't then they are missing out.

D

Deleted member

Brawl Minus is increadibly fun, even though there are a feewww balance issues, its freaking sweet. We had a brawl minus side tourny yesterday, and it was amazing and hype.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
So I downloaded the Brawl- Beta from March 27th (I assume this is the most recent one), but some character are missing some changes. (ie. I didn't see jigglypuff's huge sing and her rest restoring HP or DK's barrel projectile) I DID have some Brawl+ data on the SD card though. So basically what I'm asking is, should all the codes overwrite the Brawl+ codes or is something wrong with the file I downloaded or something? TY in advance.

Sytilac

Smash Rookie
@Sytilac: which attack(s)?

Also, if anyone knows:
-the action that contains the flopping animation that is abused during jab locks
-how to effectively change subactions in fighter.pac

It would be a big help.
OK I've seen this complaint a bunch of times. What moves are doing this?

Actually I fixed it somehow I just recopied the .Pac file. Thanks for the concern :bee:

NNID
Budget_Player
Congratulations on a job well done, Brawl- team.

My friends (who don't particularly play Brawl at a competitive level) and I played this for 4 hours straight yesterday. We played both FFAs and singles matches non-stop and were super happy at finding new quirks about all the characters, haha. All of the characters feel fresh and, most importantly, fun. In addition, if you lost a stock randomly or died early on, there was never a feeling of being upset. You just want to respawn or get to the next game to enjoy the hilarity.

For the matter of tournament viability, I would probably play Brawl- at a side event at a tournament. Hell, I might even go to a 100% Brawl- tournament. I know for sure that I'd have a lot of fun, regardless.

A thought crossed my mind while playing as Ike- yesterday, though, and I'd like to know if what I could suggest would be possible to code and logical from a gameplay standpoint. You guys made Aether's landing hit heal 5%, a reference to the Sol portion of Ike's Aether ability from his games. I was wondering if, just as some sort of easter egg, it would be possible to add in the other part of Aether into Ike-. This part (Luna) pretty much just gets the enemy defense cut in half. What I figured would be possible would be to make either the landing hit of Aether cut the enemy's shield in half or alternatively have Ike's Up Taunt make his sword glow blue which would give his next sword attack double damage on a shield hit.

Not sure if it's possible or if you care enough to do it but I figured that it wouldn't be particularly overpowered and would be a neat ability in line with Captain Falcon's taunt buff that would be a reference to his games.

Either way, though, Brawl- is an excellent mod. More than that, actually. Brawl Minus is an excellent game and I hope more people play it because if they don't then they are missing out.
Glad you enjoy it. As far as giving aether a shield damage buff... it's an idea. :)

Brawl Minus is increadibly fun, even though there are a feewww balance issues, its freaking sweet. We had a brawl minus side tourny yesterday, and it was amazing and hype.
We're working on the balance right now. Part of the problem kinda is that we aren't sure where we're going.

So I downloaded the Brawl- Beta from March 27th (I assume this is the most recent one), but some character are missing some changes. (ie. I didn't see jigglypuff's huge sing and her rest restoring HP or DK's barrel projectile) I DID have some Brawl+ data on the SD card though. So basically what I'm asking is, should all the codes overwrite the Brawl+ codes or is something wrong with the file I downloaded or something? TY in advance.
Make sure the character.pacs are in the right places, and that the GCT is named correctly and in the correct folder

Sytilac

Smash Rookie
Hey, just an idea.

What if you gave charizard Belly drum for a move?

It does about 50% to him, and it triples the damage on all his attacks for that life.

Just an idea, since I heard that you were contemplating giving him stealth rock.
Well Instead of replacing a move maybe make it a taunt? Dunno just and Idea. So it isn't too broken it can do like 25% at a time. Brainstorming Lol

IrohDW

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-2473-0493-0622
Buff damage recovery on Aether please. I was so hyped about it, and then I realized that it's not even helpful. 20% please!
I think that the main problem with aether is that it only recovers hp on the last hit. I think it should recover health on all hits like it does in FE9 and 10.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I suggested these ideas before, but what about Link and Ganondorf's sword sheat taunts? Wouldn't you guys be able to work with these?

Link's sword sheat could be the base for the Mortal Draw move from Zelda Twilight Princess. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMdjWmYlLFI .

And Ganon... Can't he just have the sword? Like how they did in Brawl + in some applications, but being able to switch between sword Ganon, and regular Ganon?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I think that the main problem with aether is that it only recovers hp on the last hit. I think it should recover health on all hits like it does in FE9 and 10.
The sword isnt part of ike during aether so theres no way for ike to know that the sword hit.

Not if you fix them.

Just sayin'.
Fixing two stages so that a character isnt broken makes no sense.

forward

Smash Champion
I'm basically in love with any move that cancels now. Using Ike and doing forward b > dash attack > up tilt is so satisfying. I think it would be cool if you guys had one character specialize in those kind of cancels. It would be very unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom